Sign in to follow this  
yousolold@yahoo.com

Guys, use dayzCommander

Yea.. slander was unnecessary here. I prefer DayZ Commander myself, here is what you're missing if you use Six Launcher.

-Many more filtering options

-Ability to see if all necessary files involving DayZ are up to date, choose whether to update or downgrade

-Friends list

You dont deserve my beans mister, its okay that you think that Six launcher is shit, but can you specify why its shit?

I myself have long used the six updater, and created this thread so that people do not have to go through all that, I went to go to other tool

You dont deserve my beans mister, its okay that you think that Six launcher is shit, but can you specify why its shit?

I have very bad English, on this if I tell why I do not like it, then you do not understand. Enough to install it yourself and understand without question

Edited by RNBJ

I checked Dayz Commander out of curiosity... and just by the screen shots it does look like an improvement over Six Updater. I'll give it a go.

Because that tool is much better than "six" shit. Guys from six team - really bad coders

I like Commander better than SixUpdater, but to call them bad coders is plain silly. Did Sickboy do SixUpdater?

And i dont use commander for joining. I prefer to join by client, but dayz zommander have good update policy.

Can you update to 1.7.2.5 by sixlauncher? No.

Can you update to 1.7.2.5 by dayzcommander? Yes, ofcourse. And if you do not want to play on new version of mod, you can instal previous versions easily

but to call them bad coders is plain silly. Did Sickboy do SixUpdater?

You are right. Im sorry. I just do not know who any of them takes the code.

Edited by RNBJ

I don't give a damn about it aside from what works. I had shied away from Commander just because I started with Six. This weekend, however, Commander was there for me, and Six was being coy.

And i dont use commander for joining. I prefer to join by client, but dayz zommander have good update policy.

Can you update to 1.7.2.5 by dayzcommander? Yes, ofcourse. And if you do not want to play on new version of mod, you can instal previous versions easily

No problem. If it was Sickboy, that's the guy who did ACE for Arma and Arma2. He's pretty good at scripting, but yeah I prefer what is being done with Commander.

Oh look, a person who seems to be citing an opinion has hard cold truth...

Sorry pal, I use both.

but none the less...

kTyr1.jpg

There is a reason why 1.7.2.5 is not on SIX Launcher. It wasn't meant to be distributed to a broad audience. Rocket explicitly asked to not distribute it.

In Play with SIX wich is the new tool from SIX, you can also use experimental builds such as 1.7.2.5.

Basicly SIX Launcher was put together in one weekend to provide DayZ Players with an easy interface to install and update DayZ. It had a very short dev time. Since then we've been working on Play with SIX wich currently is in a community preview. We've ironed out a lot of issues and bugs as well improved interface dramaticly.

In addition to that we improved the serverbrowser, added support for all Arma mods, added a real buddy system, private and group chats and much more.

If you want to have a look, go to http://play.withsix.com :)

Also talking about coding skills without any knowledge is plain silly. SIX Launcher was put together in a few days while DayZ Commander was put together in several weeks.

In addition to that SIX has much more features in the background like differential file transfer. So you actually only download the bits that changed and not the whole files. Sickboy, the guy behind SIX, has done the CBA mod (wich is integral part of DayZ), has been the major force behind ACE wich DayZ uses partially as well, and much other stuff. And don't forget the mirrors SIX is providing for the community for mods etc.

Comparing SIX and DayZ Commander on that level is simply impossible. They're not in the same league.

Edited by Banshee

There are alot of reasons why you should use DayZ Commander over six launcher.

But this is definitely not the way to promote it.

Edited by elasticz