Sign in to follow this  
.Ender.

Where to find Axes (at least!)

So I survived hours sneaking by dozens of Zed's and searching dozens of buildings....NOTHING to be found. Maybe a few ammo shells here and there, but not a single weapon. I even come across a few Axes that are in a block of wood (permanently), wtf cant i take that? The only weapons Ive been able to find myself so far are off dead bodies i stumble across. And I dont find canteens or places to fill them up by the time my water is blinking red.

I get it...its not supposed to be easy..i wouldnt want it to be...but not a single useful find in a few hours of running around multiple villages? where are you guys finding these weapons?

You have eitehr played on a bugged server or done something really wrong. You should be finding hatches and loot other inside enterable buildings mostly. Hatchets spawn in all kinds of standard buildings but are commonly found in barns and farm buildings.

Crappy little villages have a really small chance of spawning anything good, try the larger cities and the deer stands.

Also, crawling is a bit crap, just run and lose the zombies in the buildings, the bushes or steep hills soooo much faster.

I'd suggest watching some youtube vids, some of them are pretty good at getting you started.

I find them in Industrial areas. Look for the yellowish buildings with rusty doors. And like mentioned above, go for the bigger cities to increase your chances of finding loot.

If you aren't finding at least five axes per building, something is wrong.

It looks like the hatchet gnomes haven't paid your server a visit yet.

Axes can be found in various areas, though I have some of my best luck finding them in barn spawns.

I recommend you go to dayz.db/map and run it in the background while playing for references to help you learn where you're going and where to find loot.

If you just seem to find nothing anywhere on a perticular server, it IS possible that a hacker hit the server, or that everything's just been picked clean by scavengers.

Stupid phone... Double post, move along, nothing to see here. Lol

Edited by DazTroyer

An Irish guy on YouTube said run inland until you find a road, follow that road until you find a farm. A farm with a barn, in that barn will more than likely be a gun but at least an axe. I've tried it does work, mostly.

Some times I find nothing in Cherno etc, other times I've found more weapons than I can carry. It's just the luck of the draw.

Server? I'll bring you an ALICE pack full of hatchets. xD

Hi Ender,

I can only echo what these guys have already said and also say that time and patience are a virtue in the this area.

What I mean by that is that I spent a lot of hours when I first started playing the game doing exactly what you described and spent a lot of time crawling through the smaller villages looking for weapons with little success.

I would suggest going to some of the larger towns or cities (Electro or Cherno), and taking your time going through some of the buildings like the pub, supermarkets, firehouses and office blocks, this should give you much better results when looting. Youtube videos will help you to recognize what these building look like etc. The more you hit these buildings the more familiar you will become with the kinds of loot they spawn and you will also be able to recognize them from a distance so when you recon a city / village you will know whether or not it has any building worth looting.

If your not sure where these cities are, they are on the south coast quite close to each other (10/15 minute run). I can recommend the map I have linked to to help you out, I currently have it on my smart phone and use it whenever I don't have an in game map (although you find yourself using less as your become more familiar with the game map).

When you spawn in the game, the bottom right hand corner of the map will tell you your location, find that on the map and use that to navigate to one of the better loot locations (as per the keys on the map provided). This is easier to do if you are on the coast, however if you are quite far inland it can be hard to re-orientate yourself as to which direction you need to go. If you are near any villages they often have road signs in their Russian names (which you can also check on the map as it offers both the russian and english names) and work from there. However if you don't have any decent loot and are quite a distance from the cities, it might be worth letting the zombies eat you and then re-spawning on the coast.

Hope this helps, please give me a shout if you need any help with anything else.

http://t.fireden.net...012/05/loot.jpg

Edited by AlexHoss

As Alex said, find a map on the Internet and check out the road signs, it works for me. Also look at bottom right hand corner of the screen as soon as you spawn, your location it there for just a few seconds only!

Other than that you get used to the spawn sites pretty quickly, I've had the game a week and recognise my spawn location most of the time.

Edited by DazTroyer

As a new player, you'll spend a lot of time finding nothing. When you learn the game and read the wiki and what not, you'll know what spawns where. Rule of thumb is the more risky it is, be better the finds. You're not going to get far hiding in the woods all day.

Industrial buildings are best or barns :D or fire station :P

I remember someone saying that if a server hasnt reset in a long time there is little to no loot. Try a new server or head into electro/cherno for 2 mins.

wow a lot of great responses! Thanks guys! I will check out those links and be more patient, and hit up the larger cities.

I actually am not that frustrated so much that Im not finding them, its when I do I dont keep them because of other players or servers. I have yet to die by Zombie, and Ive died about 5 or 6 times since yesterday upon installation. A few players have shot me since we dont have a very good system of chat in world unless they're already on top of you, or voice which not everyone on every server has. Or, I lose weapons because of a hacker or admin abusing powers. Ive been a victim of both in back to back rounds. So the frustration really comes from doing all that work, and the game isnt even the reason you LOSE everything you've gained. Its the things outside the game that arent supposed to even happen. But Ill keep pressing..as each time is practice!

Its just annoying because without a weapon you are 100% defenseless, which is silly you cant punch/kick to at least defend. To not start with anything is just silly. Silly I tell you!

Ill check out those links for the maps/item locations and hopefully be able to get around the bigger cities and buildings weaponless!

I once entered a town and ALL the freaking spawns were hatchets. I think I still have the video stashed somewhere.

Find a server with a regular restart schedule, and use the http://dayzdb.com/map mentioned earlier. When in doubt, check the Quickstarts in the DayZGuidez channel.