Sign in to follow this  
paxtonmega

Somebody please explain....

So, I've been playing for a bit on my homeserver... I was in Camp and made inventory and boom, I fall over dead, did not hear a shot or anything. Okay... thought to myself... heck somebody found my camp and while I was checking he killed me, server was slightly populated at this time. So I make my way back only to see camp is still untouched. wtf? Okay... maybe just a troll...

Later: I was playing on another server. Every ten seconds or so my skin changes, my states reset, come back, reset again and my char stutters around while changing skins (Bandit skin on, Bandit skin off, on, off, on off) thought it was hackers maybe... left the server for a minute, came back, everything was fine again.

Again Later: I spawn on the coast because a hacker got the best on me, as well as everybody on another server. I spawn in Elektro, yeah thats nice, I enter a industrial building, had some Zed's and move out behind it. NO sight from any known sniper position, NO players around me and boom I fall over dead again. If it was somebody near me I would have heared the shot, a Sniper could NOT have seen me in any possible way (surrounded by buildings, no sight from either coast or hills, was standing next to a wall).

tl;dr: What the eff is wrong with DayZ? Why do I die out of nowhere these day? Makes me sad because it can happen right after I geared up again. I want to die to Zed's and other Players, not to god damn insta-gib bugs

Okay, here it is:

Because the sound of a bullet comes AFTER it hits its target/travels, AND that when you are killed you can't hear ingame sounds, it was most likely a headshot but you didn't know.

Invisble hacker giving headshots.

first answer i would believe, since I was totally covered in Elektro, I allways pay attention :/

P.S.: Frankfurter? Garnicht so weit weg ;)

Pretty sure hackers can kill with a simple script, without being around you or even shooting. What I don't understand is that you were getting hacked and you return to that same server a couple minutes later..

• Like 1

Pretty sure hackers can kill with a simple script, without being around you or even shooting. What I don't understand is that you were getting hacked and you return to that same server a couple minutes later..

Well, I thought it was a bug after all :/ That resetting of Stats seemed a bit off but after logging in again it was gone, i let my guard down I guess -.-