scoffield77@gmail.com

plausible "Easter egg" creatures

(This is for Standalone Not the Arma2 mod)

there are these unknown types of creaturs: Slenderman, Sashquash, Lockness Monster, Cupacabra, etc.

All of these have evidence saying they do very well exist in real life, but it's sketchy. black in white photo's, crazy nut cases eye witness, etc. You can do your own research come to your own conclusion, either way it's irrelevant cause we are not talking about real life. Personally I don't believe in any of them.

Only point I am making is that there is sketchy evidence of each of these creatures.

I think these creatures should be added to the game. Not in masses though, I'm asking for like a Easter egg creatures.

There will only be one of each creature. they will all have their own behavior personalities. mostly agressive. though I think the shashquash should be cautious/natural

Zombies are in mass, they've gotten boring and are not scary at all anymore due to how common they are.

L4D monsters are silly and will never work in the game.

The loop hole are these creatures, and all honesty, the game is lacking in some real substance.

I would like to discus rather this idea would fit in the game, and if it would the behavior of these creatures. I'm not really big on this kind of things so i don't know their personalities :P

If you agree with this thread another loophole I spotted would be mid-infected zombies: http://dayzmod.com/f...<br /><br />give it a read over ;)

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Like 3

No thank you.

I play Day Z for a semi-realistic hardcore zombie survival mod, I don't want magical creatures that may or may not be real in something like that. It would ruin it for me.

great some hacker gonna put dear old nessie on a hill

With Sashquash riding on her like a hero?! O.O

But OP nice idea but I doubt it would ever be implemented into a game like this? :/

Nice thought though :)

AJ

No thank you.

I play Day Z for a semi-realistic hardcore zombie survival mod, I don't want magical creatures that may or may not be real in something like that. It would ruin it for me.

There is evidence that says they do exist. It's not like i'm asking for unicorns ;)

I want them to be rare, rare. Like i said an Easter egg creature. I don't think they would effect you, little lone you even see one.

Edited by Bullfrog

How about placing look-alikes into the game:

Slenderman - zombie in a business suit - spawn in the forest at night - a very strong zombie (a lot of health and kills you faster)

Sasquash - zombie in a ghille suit (or something that makes it look like a sasquash) - spawns in elevated areas (tall hills, mountains) - strong and can knock you down with one hit

Loch ness - a zombie wearing a costume (it could be some sort of national costume or a halloween one) - just swims around - spawns around the big island in the SE of the map (Skalistiy Island).

Edited by im123

How about placing look-alikes into the game:

Slenderman - zombie in a business suit - spawn in the forest at night - a very strong zombie (a lot of health and kills you faster)

Sasquash - zombie in a ghille suit (or something that makes it look like a sasquash) - spawns in elevated areas (tall hills, mountains) - strong and can knock you down with one hit

Loch ness - a zombie wearing a costume (it could be some sort of national costume or a halloween one) - just swims around - spawns around the big island in the SE of the map (Skalistiy Island).

I've asked for a zombie in a ghillie suit before, it didn't pick up much steam. ;)

really just trying to add substance to the game. it's really lacking. I can kind of understand why people don't want things like this.

I figure more people will be for this if it is these Easter egg animals that could verywell exist in real life. though idk.

way i see it, is there is no evidence that zombies exist but we will accept them!?

The problem is that you cannot really hide things in an ARMA mod.

So no matter what kind of easter egg they might add, people will find out within minutes after downloading the new version. Then they'll come here and spill the.. uhm, beans and ruin the surprise for everyone.

The problem is that you cannot really hide things in an ARMA mod.

So no matter what kind of easter egg they might add, people will find out within minutes after downloading the new version. Then they'll come here and spill the.. uhm, beans and ruin the surprise for everyone.

I meant this for standalone ;)

Standalone's going to be built on the Arma 3 engine, isn't it? Since that engine's almost completed, and the release date is so near, odds are there won't be many core changes. I'm guessing file types and structures will be discoverable to savvy investigators, and the wiki will shortly have all the weapon stats, loot tables and unit data posted for all to see.

Standalone's going to be built on the Arma 3 engine, isn't it? Since that engine's almost completed, and the release date is so near, odds are there won't be many core changes. I'm guessing file types and structures will be discoverable to savvy investigators, and the wiki will shortly have all the weapon stats, loot tables and unit data posted for all to see.

I don't really understand your point =\ sorry

I don't really understand your point =\ sorry

My point is that you can't have a hidden enemy. There won't be any sasquatch-type creatures that may or may not be present. If it's in the game, then there's a model and a unit ID and a rule for when it spawns, and that stuff will be in the client, so some basic data mining will be able to extract the files and tell us what the thing is, how it moves, what it looks like, how much HP it has, all that sort of stuff. Unless there's some new file type with a weird new encryption on it, people will use the Arma 3 tools to unpack the DayZ unit data and learn all the secrets right from the start.

Not an argument against having Slenderman in the game, but it'll be a known quantity, not an urban legend.

My point is that you can't have a hidden enemy. There won't be any sasquatch-type creatures that may or may not be present. If it's in the game, then there's a model and a unit ID and a rule for when it spawns, and that stuff will be in the client, so some basic data mining will be able to extract the files and tell us what the thing is, how it moves, what it looks like, how much HP it has, all that sort of stuff. Unless there's some new file type with a weird new encryption on it, people will use the Arma 3 tools to unpack the DayZ unit data and learn all the secrets right from the start.

Not an argument against having Slenderman in the game, but it'll be a known quantity, not an urban legend.

I understand now haha

and I don't expect it to be a urban legend in game. I know videos will be made of them, the game code will be looked in to by people making wiki and what not. etc.

I think the fact that they are urban legends in real life, could make way for them being in a game like this. but with out breaking the Realistic persona of the game.

I wouldn't mind if you where against it haha I don't even know if i want it. But if I never shoot, I'll always miss =p

wanted to get other peoples opinion on it, though the people support it tend to just give beans, and people who are against it comment so i don't know what to think! ;)

Edited by Bullfrog