Sign in to follow this  
coolaceone

Pre-Download test/application

Hello everyone.

I have only been browsing these forums for a couple of days now, but I have already seen that many people consider not any scripting or bugs in the mod a problem, but the other people that play it.

Therefore, my suggestion is that before one is able to download this mod, (s)he has to complete a test that shows that this person is willing to play zombie survival, not deathmatch.

The pros of this: More serious people.

People who do want to play this mod for what it is.

Less DMing.

More constructive forum works.

The cons: The applications could be flooded, taking a long time reply to each one.

A decrease in player base.

But, I hope that someone can find a way to counter these cons, it wasn't a suggestion if I didn't think someone could come up with something alike.

I can see where people are coming from with their requests to err more towards co-operative gameplay. But the fact is, L4D2 would provide a much better co-operative gameplay environment currently. The main focus of this is survival, and interactions with players are the most serious aspect.

This means we need the bandits, they are needed to supply the tension. The fact a player can do anything and "get away with it" and a reason the experience is so compelling. However, modelling consequence is within the scope of the project, and that's something that will be tried out in future updates until we get it right.

This means we need the bandits' date=' they are needed to supply the tension. The fact a player can do anything and "get away with it" and a reason the experience is so compelling. However, modelling consequence is within the scope of the project, and that's something that will be tried out in future updates until we get it right.

[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the subject bandits. The problem is, that I have been playing this mod for a good 5 days now. I have died 20 times, and not a single time due to zombies. Always, always bandits who shoot me when I have literally nothing of value on me.

And with my suggestion, I do not intent to change the formula of the game, just those who have the right to play it. I come from a roleplay gaming community that has been running since 2007 now. They have a test system in place, simply because it keeps retards out. Applications are handled by the hundreds (not exaggerating).

I know there is a difference between DM and bandits. Bandits shoot because you have something of value on you. DMers shoot because just because they like shooting you. My suggestion is aimed to eliminate those who shoot for the shooting.

People could lie you know...

go-on-the-internet-and-tell-lies.jpg

On the topic, I really dont think it will matter if you 'weed' them out because those kind of players add a certain level of realism to the game. I know, bizarre, but hear me out.

In an environment like the one presented in the game, there's not going to be a overbearing presence of rationality between people. There's also going to be previous criminals that get their kicks off killing others for no good reason, and now they are free to do it.

Lawlessness and anarchy has its detriments...

And with my suggestion' date=' I do not intent to change the formula of the game, just those who have the right to play it.[/quote']Now this is just pure gold.

What are the requirements to apply for playing this game, in your opinion? What exactly do you mean by serious?

Of course lawlessness and anarchy exist, hence the bandits. They are the anarchy. But I think that most people have long crossed the anarchy border and now just murder because of the murdering. Which comes down to DM, kill to kill.

Just so people know, and before they start judging me, I have never had a stronger pistol than an M9, and never found a stronger weapon than a Lee Enfield. So no, I have not been killed for the valuables I had, but just because they like to kill.

Of course lawlessness and anarchy exist' date=' hence the bandits. They are the anarchy. But I think that most people have long crossed the anarchy border and now just murder because of the murdering.

[/quote']

You need to check up on what anarchy is I believe.

To be honest I think all this hyperbole about DMing is actually just people making assumptions about people they don't know.

People say shit like "I kill everyone on sight because I can't trust them." then for some reason complain that "urrggh it's just DM now, everyone shoots on sight!". The cycle goes on.

Seriously, if people wanted to "DM" there are many, many better games for that. No player looking for a deathmatch is going to run for 30-60 minutes for one kill that they might not get due to rampant lag.

To be honest I think all this hyperbole about DMing is actually just people making assumptions about people they don't know.

People say shit like "I kill everyone on sight because I can't trust them." then for some reason complain that "urrggh it's just DM now' date=' everyone shoots on sight!". The cycle goes on.

Seriously, if people wanted to "DM" there are many, many better games for that. No one is going to run for 30-60 minutes for one kill that they might not get due to rampant lag.

[/quote']

Oh trust me, I can defy DM from a good reason to kill. Being shot in the back while you have nothing of value on you visibly and while at your spawn point, is what I call DM.

Now this is just pure gold.

What are the requirements to apply for playing this game' date=' in your opinion? What exactly do you mean by serious? [/quote']

Understanding of Basic English skills, being able to defy what would be counted as pure DM and what would be as being a bandit. As I said, it was just a suggestion. To gather people's opinion. If people don't like it or do now know what would be required, then it can just as well be dropped.

And with serious players, I mean players who actually play this game to get the kick of just having crawled into a town with zombies, got to the center, got the loot you wanted, and got out without having to fire a single shot, opposed to the people who like to kill people just cause they like shooting them.

People say shit like "I kill everyone on sight because I can't trust them." then for some reason complain that "urrggh it's just DM now' date=' everyone shoots on sight!". The cycle goes on.

Seriously, if people wanted to "DM" there are many, many better games for that. No one is going to run for 30-60 minutes for one kill that they might not get due to rampant lag.

[/quote']

Oh trust me, I can defy DM from a good reason to kill. Being shot in the back while you have nothing of value on you visibly and while at your spawn point, is what I call DM.

Now this is just pure gold.

What are the requirements to apply for playing this game' date=' in your opinion? What exactly do you mean by serious? [/quote']

Understanding of Basic English skills, being able to defy what would be counted as pure DM and what would be as being a bandit. As I said, it was just a suggestion. To gather people's opinion. If people don't like it or do now know what would be required, then it can just as well be dropped.

And with serious players, I mean players who actually play this game to get the kick of just having crawled into a town with zombies, got to the center, got the loot you wanted, and got out without having to fire a single shot, opposed to the people who like to kill people just cause they like shooting them.

So to sum it up real quick like. People like you should get the right to play this mod.

Well, let's see here. STFU, GTFO and make your own damn mod.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I am all for the subject bandits. The problem is, that I have been playing this mod for a good 5 days now. I have died 20 times, and not a single time due to zombies. Always, always bandits who shoot me when I have literally nothing of value on me.

[/quote']

Maybe, just maybe...oh hell, who am I kidding? The problem is you, plain and simple. There is absolutely no legit reasons bandits could kill anyone 20 times in 5 days if that somebody is not just blindly running around with flares attached to their face screaming "Eat me!" in side chat. I can't think of a SINGLE way it could be a bandits problem.

For the record I survived for about 2 weeks before dying to bandits in 2vs2 on NW airfield in what was probably the best moment in my DayZ playtime. And we died because they simply outsmarted us. From my 2 week survival experience I can't think of a single reason why a sensible person could die more than once a week unless they specifically seek adventure and gunfights. None. Zero.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I am all for the subject bandits. The problem is, that I have been playing this mod for a good 5 days now. I have died 20 times, and not a single time due to zombies. Always, always bandits who shoot me when I have literally nothing of value on me.

[/quote']

Maybe, just maybe...oh hell, who am I kidding? The problem is you, plain and simple. There is absolutely no legit reasons bandits could kill anyone 20 times in 5 days if that somebody is not just blindly running around with flares attached to their face screaming "Eat me!" in side chat. I can't think of a SINGLE way it could be a bandits problem.

Oh trust me, it is. Want me to count?

2 times killed at spawn in daylight.

4 times while traveling from town to town, in daylight.

2 times in firestations, nighttime.

1 time in Hospital, nighttime.

3 times backstabbed.

And around another 3 times in a firefight.

I admit, 20 may be exaggerated, but still, this is on the table. I have not died a single time due to zombies, but I have had more encounters with flying bullets than with zombies.