Sminky

What's Your opinion on the best 'common' weapon

I prefer the Enfield myself. Use the Enfield to hunt players, the Makarov to hunt zeds.

In fact, I rarely use any other weapons in game. Seeing as I'm a bandit, I'll only drop the Enfield if I get a sniper.

I stick to the Makarov, because its ammo is ridiculously easy to find, and it's pretty silent compared to many of the other pistols.

The Enfield is a joke. It's most definitely not a 1 hit kill for players. It's still rather loud and can draw crowds of zombies even after the slight sound nerf.

Sure, the ammo is all over, but so is CZ, 1911, and 1866.

I have 15 mags for the CZ, and 10 for the 1911. They aren't as uncommon as people think.

The Enfield doesn't really need to one-shot players. It almost always knocks them unconscious, giving you more than enough time to make an escape, take a second shot or close the distance to finish the job.

After the DMR, it's the player hunting weapon of choice for me.

The 1911 is way too noisy for my taste. Seeing as I almost always carry an Enfield or a sniper, I like to keep something with me that's at least moderately quiet.

well i have a hard time finding cz ammo!

my favorite gun is the winnie and 1911 or revolver (revolver ammo seems to be more common in the north)

Lee enfield is aryt so much ammo for it.

I love the cz just cant find the ammo :/

I've died from firing an enfield before, i guess i was closer to a town then i thought, as was rusehd by 30 odd zombies. so staying clear of that gun.

I'm going to have fun practicing zeriong on the CZ somwhere far away, if you shoot a tree does it leave a mark?

I've died from firing an enfield before' date=' i guess i was closer to a town then i thought, as was rusehd by 30 odd zombies. so staying clear of that gun.

I'm going to have fun practicing zeriong on the CZ somwhere far away, if you shoot a tree does it leave a mark?

[/quote']

You can see the bullet impact when it hits, but thats about it really.

I suggest loading the CZ 550 into a custom Arma2 game (if its in Arma2 on its own) and testing there..

My friend and I did that for practicing with the DMR.

IMO, the only time the Enfield should be used for zeds is if there's only a few, you're in a desperate situation, or you're already being ganked by a lot of them and don't have any other ammo.

Otherwise it's a strictly PvP gun.

best "common" weapon is the winchester; not as loud as the enfield (I think) and loads of ammo around. We don't ALL have the ability to get to military bases for all the non-common h/w.

About practicing, Mycaelis is right, don't practice on the live server, its a waste of ammo.

Load up the Editor and play around with any gun you want there, you should be able to find it (the CZ), I think, under Independent - Militia perhaps ? One of the civvies with guns (Woodsman, Forester, etc )

Alternatively, there's the Armory, but I much prefer the Editor, can set up your own live target practice =p

CZ550 hands down. Wait for someone with some nice military gear' date=' apply CZ, take gear.

If that's your thing, of course.

Personally I just hold on to the CZ to continue traveling the land making people's lives exciting.

[/quote']

Ive seen several using CZ from long distance in field and get raped by zombies becouse its so damn loud. Its fun sometimes but its not always that good you get way to much attention.

I've actually taken quite a liking to the crossbow lately. In terms to fighting players, it's almost useless but it makes navigating through towns extremely easy. Bolts are everywhere and you can recover them after firing, so ammo is rarely an issue unless you manage to get yourself swarmed. I've only ever killed one player with a crossbow, so if I was intent on killing players I'd definitely use a CZ 550.

The crossbow also makes me feel like a badass.