Sign in to follow this  
xNeRo

How to fix the spawn on the coast glitch...

Hey guys, I was searching the web for new ways of fixing the spawn glitch and the faint glitch. These glitches have occured to me many times and my mate just figured out how to stop it. The problem is everytime when you force quit the dayz mod application it automatically spawns you to the coast on the next server you go on. This is also the problem when it comes to the fainting glitch. I had this bug for quite a while and I was frustrated that everytime i spawned I would have to wait 10 more mins to get back up.

So for all you players out there that need help thats my advice... everytime you leave a server from now on make sure you disconnect properly and not Alt F4 the application / force quit!

Edited by xNeRo

If you get stuck on loading you can alt tab out, launch a new game on a server you dont have any issues on, click no so you have both games going simultaneously, then once you spawn, alt tab to the one stuck on loading screen and f4 it.

• Like 1

I logged out last night normally, (esc /abort) north of NE airfield. I logged in today at kemenka. You theory that alt F4 is the cause of this is not completely sound. Alt-F4 may cause it for some people, but a normal log out netted me the same result. Something else has to be causing this, I'm not sure why so many people are assuming Alt-F4 is the sole cause.

Are you on the latest update 1.7.2.5... cause I think that if your on version 1.7.2.4 then it might happen all the time. I have the same problem but it can also be different reasons like the server you went on wasn't backing up your character probably. I know how it feels im sort of in the same position :)

• Like 1

Hmm I was thinking the teleportation upon logout glitch was part of the last patch to discourage server-hopping. I didn't ever see anything official about it; just thought that must be it because when I returned to the last server I was on, it wouldn't happen, but if I changed servers to log back in, I'd be along the coast somewhere.

Has anyone else noticed you don't get ported if you go back in on the same server you were on?

Guess it's time to start keeping some notes about which server versions we join vs. our own beta versions etc. Someone else just started a thread about possible arma 2 beta version conflicts between server / client which may be causing this. Definitely worth looking into.

• Like 1

Guess it's time to start keeping some notes about which server versions we join vs. our own beta versions etc. Someone else just started a thread about possible arma 2 beta version conflicts between server / client which may be causing this. Definitely worth looking into.

Totally.

I've been noticing this since this past weekend. I recommend using DayZ Commander exclusively if you are having issues so you can look back at the lists of servers you were on, and seeing if you can figure it out.

For me it was a combo of mod version and beta version. If they both didn't match exactly, I'd have to end task at loading.

As of today, however, I can join anything (so long as it's 1.7.2.5).

The fainting glitch is caused by leaving when your character is in shock. The only way to fix it is to have another player shoot you until your legs break and then fix your legs. (you could also die but im guessing you dont want to)

As far as the teleporting glitch goes, i have no idea what causes it, but ive found that if you change your z cords you WONT get teleported. (you climb up somthing other than a hill like a ladder or a staircase)

TLDR: fainting is fixed by getting shot until your bones break, tele glitch prevented by climbing to another floor other than ground level

NOTE: Ive never heard of anyone else doing this so it might not work.Ill test it more later today.

The spawning was happening to me too. I searched the forums and found that the reason this is happening is because of the patch version your logging onto. e.g. 95833- 95819-95876 etc. Make sure that your always logging onto the same patch version and you wont spawn randomly anymore. I tried it on 95883 and have always logged in to the same place I was previously on every server i hop to as long as the patch and beta version matched. for example: 1.7.2.5 beta ver. 95883. Stick with that and you should be ok.

• Like 1