Magotchi

New Official Scripts.txt

When my server starts, it says, "IMPORTANT: The DayZ team has released an updated scripts.txt file. Server admins are urged to start using it to avoid renaming of the old version." in the console.

Has there really been an official update to the scripts.txt which fixes the problem? I know about Dwarden's fixed scripts.txt, and it seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if there really is an official one.

im trying to figure this out as well.. do we just delete the scripts.txt and it'll make a new one?

It's probably just the one they had with the problem line removed

im trying to figure this out as well.. do we just delete the scripts.txt and it'll make a new one?

No. If you don't have a scripts.txt, nothing will get detected. I would recommend the one from the post I linked above, unless, as I'm asking about, there exists a new official one.

where does the new scripts.txt file go?

i can only find cfgdayz\BattlEye\scripts.txt and that seems to be a log file.

No, in fact... they removed the contents of the battleyeconfig folder from the cdn, so afaik the only way to get the new scripts file is to download cfgdayzDEFAULT.zip, extract the new scripts.txt file and replace your current one with it.

BattlEye\scripts.txt is a list of things you want BattlEye to detect.

BattlEye\scripts.log is a log file.

When you get the new scripts.txt, you replace BattlEye\scripts.txt with it.

• Like 1

...afaik the only way to get the new scripts file is to download cfgdayzDEFAULT.zip, extract the new scripts.txt file and replace your current one with it.

The scripts.txt inside the current version of cfgdayzDEFAULT.zip (from the 10th) will get renamed when your server starts. Don't use that.

• Like 1

The scripts.txt inside the current version of cfgdayzDEFAULT.zip (from the 10th) will get renamed when your server starts. Don't use that.

Oh... you're right. Good catch! So where is this super official file that they're asking us to upgrade to?

That's what this thread is asking.

Sorry... I thought the thread was questioning the authenticity of the message spammed in the console, not the location of the file.

i too would like to know where the scripts.txt that so much spam on the servers is about

Ok, so I have a vilayer game server. I'm still new to the adminning stuff, but can someone else who has a vilayer server tell me how to get this new scripts.txt file once it's uploaded into the cfgdayz\battleye folder? It lets me upload the file, but it won't let me move the file into the proper folder nor will it let me rename the scripts_old.txt file. So right now I'm effectively blind, and it would be the same if I just deleted the damn thing. Is this something Vilayer has to do?

Ok, so I have a vilayer game server. I'm still new to the adminning stuff, but can someone else who has a vilayer server tell me how to get this new scripts.txt file once it's uploaded into the cfgdayz\battleye folder? It lets me upload the file, but it won't let me move the file into the proper folder nor will it let me rename the scripts_old.txt file. So right now I'm effectively blind, and it would be the same if I just deleted the damn thing. Is this something Vilayer has to do?

KField86: Use your FTP access. Seems to be the only way you can replace the file, as their ACP interface doesn't allow for it. Remember to shut down your server before doing anything.

Probably best to stop your server first - then upload it to the correct folder. I'm not familiar with the Vilayer interface, sorry.

I simply opended the scripts.txt file through File Manager, copy and pasted in the new code and saved it. That seems to have worked for me and the file is not renaming and is keeping the correct contents. I will need to do more testing though to make sure it's ok.

Took me a little bit of time but found it:

http://dayzmod.com/f...tf/#entry675785

Didnt tested it on our server since our Serveradmin isnt there atm.

Thanks, but I don't think this is the official file... in fact, this is the one I had been using yesterday but had to stop because of these floods of script restriction - all player kicks on the server, I tried the 'updated' version too with the same result.

This is the one you want, along with a couple of new ones:

http://dayzmod.com/f...es/#entry684746

Thanks... I'm pretty sure that's the same scripts.txt file I was trying last night (though I found it in a different thread, and didn't diff the two files so I can't be sure). I just put these files in place... testing now.

When my server starts, it says, "IMPORTANT: The DayZ team has released an updated scripts.txt file. Server admins are urged to start using it to avoid renaming of the old version." in the console.

Has there really been an official update to the scripts.txt which fixes the problem? I know about Dwarden's fixed scripts.txt, and it seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if there really is an official one.

I read that, too -- and I think there was some miscommunication or something. I don't know about a new official scripts.txt that is officially "official". Right now, the scripts.txt I posted (which is almost entirely identical to Dwarden's version) is the best scripts.txt to use as far as I am aware. I've been trying to reach one of the devs to get it onto an official mirror.

I read that, too -- and I think there was some miscommunication or something. I don't know about a new official scripts.txt that is officially "official". Right now, the scripts.txt I posted (which is almost entirely identical to Dwarden's version) is the best scripts.txt to use as far as I am aware. I've been trying to reach one of the devs to get it onto an official mirror.

Thanks for the update... This is the version I'm currently using. Fingers crossed.

The version jwiechers posted has been working fine for me for the most part, but every few minutes, everyone in the server was getting kicked for restriction #98, so I edited line 100 (starts with "5 setCaptive") to have a 1 (log) instead of 5 (log and kick) as a temporary fix.

I simply opended the scripts.txt file through File Manager, copy and pasted in the new code and saved it. That seems to have worked for me and the file is not renaming and is keeping the correct contents. I will need to do more testing though to make sure it's ok.

This is what I have done, as well as editing the remoteexec.txt and createvehicle.txt files to contain the new info wiechers and dwarden were posting on the forums. All is well and man battleye is detecting shit left and right. I haven't been kicked, but I imagine that's because I'm a legit player? :P Funny watching people get these createvehicle violations/restrictions once every 10 minutes. Lmao. This can't really be the amount of cheaters. I mean jesus christ.