Forceflare

Vehicle and Tent Saving

If inventory and backpack saving are working correctly, why isn't tent and vehicle saving functional? Doesn't make sense to me. Hackers I can avoid, passing out for five minutes occasionally upon login I can bare, zombies instantly breaking my legs I can avoid or cope with, but my items simply not being saved is taking away the game. Looting and surviving are the two halves of this mod. When your inventory is stocked with high end gear and vehicles and tents can't save loot properly, that removes 1/2 of the game alone, there's no more looting to be done since none of it saves. All that's left is surviving, which consists of eating, drinking, and using Heat packs; there's no substance at that point. Really, I'm not ranting, I just can't fathom why something so critical isn't fixed after all of these patches. It's not as if storing gear is a new feature, been around forever and still they don't work properly.

Sharing my thoughts and looking for opinions, really. Is there any reason for this not to be fixed? Do you all think this is critical? Should fixing these problems come before login optimization and graphical glitch fixing?

Edited by Forceflare
  • Like 4

It's working fine on most servers, not on ours though

It's working fine on most servers, not on ours though

They were glitchy in 1.7.2.4 and it seems to have gotten worse in 1.7.2.5 which frankly doesn't make sense...How does something untouched in a patch get worse? Hahaha.

It works for me.

Are you sure people are not coming along and stealing your gear and then saving your tent when it's empty?

It works for me.

Are you sure people are not coming along and stealing your gear and then saving your tent when it's empty?

Positive, man. It seems that items that DO save are saved permanently. So I guess you have to keep trying until the shit actually saves properly.

Until new features are added, I am also pretty much limited to looting. Fix tents!

It's hard for me to find other players, especially since i play on low-pop servers (~10 players) to avoid hackers.

Edited by piparadox

I haven't seen a single tent save work in 1.7.2.5 and there's numerous reports of it. I'd be very surprised if it's only "some" servers.

• Like 1

As nobody besides the Devs knows how tent data data is saved, nobody really knows what's going on.

I think it's connected to problems with the HIVE (no leaderboards, people spawning at the beach because the HIVE forgot their location, vehicles not saving). I would think that they are working on the HIVE and how things are saved/stored in their database. Personally i would like to see tents/vehicles disabled for the time being.

Of course right now one can only speculate and hope it's getting fixed soon.

I'd like to see tents/vehicles moved from the HIVE to the server hosters. It's an overall crap implementation of it right now. That's what I'd like to see in a magical world where things are not in the Alpha stage anyways...

I'd like to see tents/vehicles moved from the HIVE to the server hosters. It's an overall crap implementation of it right now. That's what I'd like to see in a magical world where things are not in the Alpha stage anyways...

That would only fix them if the problems with them stem from bad communication between server and HIVE. As gear is saved properly (most of the time) it's a problem specific to tents and their coding. I don't think that saving their location and storage status on the server itself would fix the problems.

Of course that's only speculation at this point.

It's always been hit or miss for me. You're better off just scouting the lands and finding other peoples tents, right down their locations, and using those to restock etc. I never take much. Just enough to get by for that life. When you find large camps, learn the server times, and when those clans are primarily on and avoid looting during those times.

tents have worked fine for our group up until this point , but now all of our tents are gone on all servers. If we get a heli, it resets on spawn, and any other vehicle just transforms eats gear and is broken

I think the tents should be a high priority, items are one major reason to loot and risk your life looking for loot.

The rules my group follows are that when you place a tent and save it you must wait for the next server restart before you can actually put anything in the tent and have it stay there.

The rules my group follows are that when you place a tent and save it you must wait for the next server restart before you can actually put anything in the tent and have it stay there.

Yeah that is how it worked for me before 1.7.2.5. After updating my server and client to 1.7.2.5, I saw the shitstorm that happened with my tent/vehicle. How they only keep items from before updating no matter how many restarts i do. So I decided to see if I put up a new tent if it would save the items that are taking up all the room in my backpack for the moment. So I pitched a new tent. Saved it. Restarted the server twice. After restart logged in and saw that the tent was there. put a few of the items that were in my backpack, into the new tent. (the ones i didnt mind losing) Saved the new tent. Restarted the server twice and voila....Empty Tent. I rinsed and repeated...nothing...tried another tent...same shit different restart. This shit is officially broken on my server.

Ban tents !!! :D

I made a tent with only tin cans and saved,then waited for server restart,next day,nothing was on it !

Usually the only problem I get with tents, is when the server restarts, and it collides with a tree, rendering it unusable.

I've had an A3S I saved be there when I came on the next day. However all the loot was reset to default.