Sign in to follow this  
angelus.

teleporting to the coast

yes, its another one of those threads.

i log out, log back in later, and i go from the NWAFB to the coast. it's happened at least 10 times to me over the past few days. i was putting up with it the first couple of times and was just gonna go with it at first..... but now its constant. and im really not interested in running back up north every single time i log back in.

is there any fixes anyone has found that can fix this?? grrr

• Like 1

Happened to me too today, with a side trip to the debug planins, meaning I lost all my gear...

Was great! I got to keep my character's stats and do the whole starting-all-over-again thing.

Got everything except a backpack. Thank god elektro was quiet :)

Been having this problem as well seems to happen every 2-3 times i log in... have ran from the coast to Stary/NWAirfield about 10 times now to link back up with my m8's only to log in the next day and be outside Cherno fully geared with 30 people on the server... hope no one is behind me with a hatchet!

Edited by Acix

same...

like 6th time right now and just wanted to check if i'm not the only one....

i'm too scared of going on highpop. servers...

Yep, I had this happen to me. 2 times today. It's something to do with if you close the game without properly aborting and then exiting. Like Alt+F4 and Ctrl+Atl+Del. I got stuck on the loading screen for 15 - 20 minutes, so I had to go to task manager to shut it down and then try a different server. Sent me back to the coast. Quite annoying seeing as it always takes a few tries on a few different servers before finding a good one. Which also means being sent to the coast each time I start playing.

in my case, alt+f4 had nothing to do with going back to the coast. i properly aborted when i was done and i came up on the coast the next time i logged back in.

im glad im not the only one but i just want a damn fix

i almost never alt+f4 (unless the game freezes which rarely happens) and also rarely have to have use my task manager to abort the game. Starting over at the coast with all my gear after logging off up north has happened many times after quitting out properly and shutting down the game using the game menus

Is it possible it has something to do with wearing a ghillie suit? I have had it happen to me the past 5 respawns which gets pretty annoying at times. Is it a glitch with 1.7.2.4 or is it something smaller?

ive never come across a ghillie suit and have thus never worn one. so i doubt its a problem with that

The only upside to teleporting to the coast that I've seen is being able to cover ground going north for heli hunting again.

Even tho I've never found one crashed heli out of 6 tries now.

I suck at heli-hunting......

Is nobody complaining about this final blow to this game? I mean everytime you change a server you are tekleporting to the coast. This is not playable anymore!

Edited by Kingsix

yes, its another one of those threads.

i log out, log back in later, and i go from the NWAFB to the coast. it's happened at least 10 times to me over the past few days. i was putting up with it the first couple of times and was just gonna go with it at first..... but now its constant. and im really not interested in running back up north every single time i log back in.

is there any fixes anyone has found that can fix this?? grrr

Updating from 1.7.2.4 to 1.7.2.5 has had alot of issues. Give it time.

I actually do have a band aid... Not a fix. Just use 1 server and never try to log in more then once every 10 to 15 mins. If you log out for any reason wait for a few before log in. It keeps you on one server, but you don't need to worry about the coast. (sucks I know... It'll be fixed)

It's fucking ridiculous. this has happened 5 times now. either run to NWAF or somewhere-other-than-the-fukking-coast, log back in next time, spawned on coast. seems legit.

This game logs EVERYTHING you do:

- you take a bullet (logged and saved to your character safe and sound instantaneously)

- hacker insta-kills whole server (logged and saved to your character safe and sound instantaneously)

- you break your legs (logged and saved to your character safe and sound instantaneously)

- you apply a bandage/morphine/get blood (hmm, low priority, game maybe it logs it, 5 minutes after the fact, so next time you log in you might still be near death)

- you pickup a weapon or ammo (hmm, low priority, game maybe it logs it, 5 minutes after the fact, so next time you log in you might have buggerall where that weapon and ammo was)

What dumb fukk coded that part of the game that somehow replaces legit HIVE data saved-at-logout XYZ coordinates (i.e. the player's location) with "spawn character somewhere randomly on the fukking coast"?

and no, this game is NO LONGER ALPHA - it stopped being alpha a month ago -> this goes out to all the carebears who like to spread forum flowers and love instead of addressing the damn issue.

Haven't played since. Utterly pointless. Something like that should have a hotfix. Lame. Keeping my char safe in the moment from RvP. Rocket vs Player and HvP.

Does anyone have any information on whether or not there is a set time period where if you switch servers that spawning on the coast occurs? It's happened to me several times and I have just resolved to play on one server but strange things have been happening on our main server US1306 with vehicles and tents. My friends and I are wanting to move to a new server but we want to actually be able to transfer the lion's share of our gear to the new server without being teleported to the coast. I'm going to begin experimenting with staying logged off a server for several hour before switching in the hopes that I don't get teleported; if not my friends have a long car ride to get me.

Edited by Crayolacrayon

guys , go to dev-heaven.net a site rocket uses for finding out bugs, theres a thread telling you how this goes down.

basicly if you go from a newly updated server into one where you have the loading screen indefinently the next server you join will spawn you in the coastline, mostly with all your gear but some sources say loosing the gear is also an possibility.

hope this helps

I broke my leg, in the store in Zelenogorsk and when I next logged in I had teleported to the coast. I am now absolutely screwed!

So me and a friend have been playing this game for about 2-3 months now, i used to get teleported everywhere and so did he. Then i found out that i can change my character to have glasses to look "cool" and be a zombie. Since then i have never been teleported; yet my friend constantly gets teleported to the complete opposite end of the map from me >:(. So im not sure if having a custom player makes any difference or not, but if you would like to give it a go. In the Arma2 main menu under the options there is a thing called "Player Profile", in that i would suggest making a new character and customizing him to anything other than the default look. Id love to hear feedback on this because it seems to be the only explanation that can come up with that i dont spawn to the coast like all my other friends.

I noticed this happening to me whenever I joined a server where the game would stick at the loading screen, and I shut down DayZ through the task manager, after a couple of those I get into a server which may or may not be a lagfest and be spawned at the coast, hasn't happened for a week or two though

I find that it only happens with certain servers.

My advice: find a few reliable servers, favorite them, and only play on them.

That's what I do and it works great.