20 rules of DayZ

Scanning your area constantly is a great tip for new players since its easily over looked in the panic of running from borderline teleporting zombies or relentless bandits. Hell after the big burst of adrenaline you want to just chill for a second and take a deep breath, doesn't always work out that way though.

Another tip since it isn't mentioned too often, that or I'm actually paying attention to the forums less than I thought. Run through tree's to lose zombies, pines work the best, if you can zip in around them enough and crouch/run you should be in clear instantly.

Edited by Saim
  • Like 1

Also on top of all that, average rule of thumb, when approaching a town or city, or military site. Try to find out the range from the target location and see if any Zombies are spawned. If you are over 201m away Zombies will have not spawned yet, If you are 200m or less, Zombies will spawn, so take that into consideration once approaching a target area.

You got my Beans

Edited by Unauthorized
  • Like 1

Also on top of all that, average rule of thumb, when approaching a town or city, or military site. Try to find out the range from the target location and see if any Zombies are spawned. If you are over 201m away Zombies will have not spawned yet, If you are 200m or less, Zombies will spawn, so take that into consideration once approaching a target area.

You got my Beans

1+ will be mentioning this when I have time.

Thanks for putting this together. Some of the hard lessons I have learned is when shooting Zeds, don't stick around and look at your handy work. Not only will more Zeds be heading your way but other players as well. If you see a vehicle coming down the road or flying overhead hide. I had a guy crash a Helicopter then play dead so I would come and check it out and then he killed.

...Run through tree's to lose zombies, pines work the best, if you can zip in around them enough and crouch/run you should be in clear instantly.

And even if you don't lose them all, if you can get to another clearing, you should be far enough away from the original herd that if you need to (or just WANT to) let the zombies feed on some hot lead, you can do it out there without calling even more Zs from the original town. Even the Enfield will not be loud enough to be a danger (from Zombies) once you get far enough from the town, so you can actually shoot stuff again after not firing a shot for possibly weeks.

Thanks for putting this together. Some of the hard lessons I have learned is when shooting Zeds, don't stick around and look at your handy work. Not only will more Zeds be heading your way but other players as well. If you see a vehicle coming down the road or flying overhead hide. I had a guy crash a Helicopter then play dead so I would come and check it out and then he killed.

And even if you don't lose them all, if you can get to another clearing, you should be far enough away from the original herd that if you need to (or just WANT to) let the zombies feed on some hot lead, you can do it out there without calling even more Zs from the original town. Even the Enfield will not be loud enough to be a danger (from Zombies) once you get far enough from the town, so you can actually shoot stuff again after not firing a shot for possibly weeks.

Thanks for your input, I am wondering if I should increase the rules to additional 21, 22 etc or just post your posts on 'the' original post.

Edited by Guest

You forgot to tell them to use the ALT key. Got to love that feature.

I'm quoting this because it needs to be.

Use ALT!

It keeps your body still while giving you an almost 360* perspective. This should be one of your most pressed keys in game. (in before alt-F4 joke)

I'm quoting this because it needs to be.

Use ALT!

It keeps your body still while giving you an almost 360* perspective. This should be one of your most pressed keys in game. (in before alt-F4 joke)

ALT+F4???? DayZ Forum Team or not, you require a AS50 in the head!!! :P nothing worse than scoping out two enemies who you've been tracking for hours to see if they will lead you to their camp or sit around and give you the time to set up a proper multi kill chance. When you shoot on and render out of the fight not dead and take out the second guy to old realize the first guy Alt+F4, and you can identify this by seeing the game showing you a pop up on the lower left "user" has been kicked by battle eye for loosing connection or something like that... grrrr and you know that when they go to another server or spawn where ever. They will die and you can't get the loot....

Double Tap ALT when you want to set it going one direction so you can pivot your mouse side to side for that 360* look around as you said. A lot of people don't realize the double tap works on many keys. Had to test it out myself for a while

Edited by Unauthorized

#69 - Never raid Admin camps and fire bomb it, this will get you banned :D

#666 - If you see a vehicle on the side of the road, good chance its a admins and taking it will get you banned :lol:

other than those great post!! you can have my can of Frank and Beans sorry its dented i got from the clearance aisle :emptycan:

#69 - Never raid Admin camps and fire bomb it, this will get you banned :D

#666 - If you see a vehicle on the side of the road, good chance its a admins and taking it will get you banned :lol:

other than those great post!! you can have my can of Frank and Beans sorry its dented i got from the clearance aisle :emptycan:

LOL speaking of which;

:P

inb4 post this in cheat reporting board, this guy (who is a friend of mine) already posted it, and apparently he never got a response.

Edited by Guest

Haha, I am part owner and an admin on my server. We tried to stock pile cars and such, but when we got 6 (2buses, 2trucks, 2bikes) we were just finding everything setting up camps. People would kill us and take our stuff, but that's part of the game. Wish other players would realize that. "this brings me to the point of all this"

(Rules #21, Don't, grow attached to your gear, it's a survival game and should be treated as one. You lived before that item, you'll live without it. Also when using a tent, only store items your willing to lose. Anything else should be kept on you that you hold as highest value.)

(Rules #21, Don't, grow attached to your gear, it's a survival game and should be treated as one. You lived before that item, you'll live without it.

This is the same as rule 3.

''3. Realize that you're going to die on every character: When I first started playing this game, I was always scared of seeing other playing and worried about dying. I didn't want to die because some bandit wanted my stuff, and to be honest with you, it kind of stopped me from having fun. I didn't like to go into hot-zones for fear of dying and I began to realize that I was removing a major aspect of the game, the risk. So the sooner you realize that your gonna loose your equipment sooner or later, the more fun your going to have.''

Edited by Guest

The scanning rule reminds me of the time i was absolutely loaded, and as i was crawling accross a grassy field a new guy who litteraly only just spawned and found an axe snuck up behind me and killed me.

What the fuck.

But i dont blame myself i was low on blood, i was shaking like crazy, and everything was all grey, but still, things like that just make me think, in day z, there is no god.

Kind of related to previous comments about surveying a town from a distance to see if zombies have spawned.

If you leave the trees and find yourself in a town unexpectedly (it happens), and zombies are about, check how spaced out they are. Should they be all grouped together, walking out of enterable buildings (especially residential log cabins I've noticed), it usually means they're freshly spawned, and you're the only one around in this part of town.

Kind of related to previous comments about surveying a town from a distance to see if zombies have spawned.

If you leave the trees and find yourself in a town unexpectedly (it happens), and zombies are about, check how spaced out they are. Should they be all grouped together, walking out of enterable buildings (especially residential log cabins I've noticed), it usually means they're freshly spawned, and you're the only one around in this part of town.

Yeah, only problem is that it could be considered meta/exploit. I dont know if I should add that should it be fixed in the future.

Edited by Guest

I think the guy you were talking about that you killed was me. Were you by chance in a church?

wow, 41 beans! I am swimming in beans!

I just couldn't help myself....

You posted in the wrong thread?

I usually put satchel charge near my empty tent and then I put mark on map so someone would come there :D

I have made 3 kills for the lulz

Edited by KuumotusTatti

Thanks for the tips help me a lot.

I read some more on the forum and if you hear somebody saying threw the mike that he is a bandit and you should drop your gun do it.

Mostly do they maybe try to prevent a bloodbath but when you provoke them your clearly going to die.

Best thing to do is say what they do and maybe instead being dead on the ground you may have some of your gear and live an other day. This doesn't mean your still safe at all because..

Hey there bandits, They are still in position to kill you or not

Edited by Ninjalooder

Thanks for the tips help me a lot.

I read some more on the forum and if you hear somebody saying threw the mike that he is a bandit and you should drop your gun do it.

Mostly do they maybe try to prevent a bloodbath but when you provoke them your clearly going to die.

Best thing to do is say what they do and maybe instead being dead on the ground you may have some of your gear and live an other day. This doesn't mean your still safe at all because..

Hey there bandits, They are still in position to kill you or not

A way to solve not getting robbed is not to get into that position or situation to begin with, therefore, rule 1 can be applied here.

But hey, what do you know, maybe once in a while you will end up running into someone like this lol

But dont expect that to happen too often lol

Edited by Guest

You posted in the wrong thread?

No, I didn't. I thought most of your advice was pretty obvious, but I may have overestimated the intellegence of the noob player base once again.