sparta436

How much would YOU pay for DayZ standalone and Why?

151 members have voted

1. 1. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ standalone (finished Product)?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US
    • Whatever it takes to make DayZ the best damn game it can possibly be!
    • I KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!?!
  2. 2. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ Standalone Beta?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US
  3. 3. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ Standalone Alpha?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US

These days I look at spending any money as an investment and a show of appreciation. I don't just buy movies or music like I did in the 90s. For me to spend money I have to want to contribute to the success of the product. You are welcome to read between the lines in terms of what I'm saying.

I spend like $80 on the LOTRO expansions. I don't really play that game at all, but I usually end up giving it a week of time eventually. This is because I appreciate their art, not because I want to play another MMO that is basically reskinned WoW.

So yeah, DayZ could probably go up to $50 before I'd have to think about when I buy it (not if).

• Like 2

$15 for a finished product, if they do a good job $20. I don't want to pay for an alpha/beta/unfinished product. Unless they get their shit together and can make it work like minecraft.

• Like 1

1 cent.

why? cause i would like it to be 1 cent

for an alpha version i would pay him this .!.

Maybe you should find another game then. I hear the iphone has tons of games for a couple cents.

• Like 1

Where's the "Nothing at all" option? Because I bought 2 games to be able to play this mod. I'm not gonna pay over 10 bucks for ANOTHER game.

If you could give a discount for people who bought ARMA2:CO that would be great. If not, then I could just as well buy War Z to get something fresh, bugfree and different so I don't have to pay twice to get the same game.

Rocket says he wants it to go the Minecraft model. That will be impossible by now, because we've already had to purchase this game once, in a sense. I didn't have to buy Minecraft twice.

And you're suggesting that we should have to pay for alpha, beta and finished product of the standalone separetly by the looks of this poll? Considering there is no option for not paying, that's all I can assume. That's just fucked up mate. I fucking hope that's not what you're suggesting. That'd be some greedy shit.

Of course I'm not suggesting you'd have to pay for it three times. It'll work like minecraft, what stage the game is in when you buy it will determine how much you pay. So basically, if you buy the alpha for $20 you're essentially getting the finished standalone for $20 once the game gets to that point. Keep in mind that i don't work for Bohemia and i cant speak for their products.

Also, wether you like it or not, you bought a $30 game to play a FREE mod. You in no way payed for DayZ. Maybe you should try playing ArmA. I had the same way of thinking that you did until i gave the editor a quick run through and was amazed at what the engine/game is capable of.

I don't see why people cant wrap their head around this idea. YOU bought ArmA 2. DayZ happens to be a mod for ArmA and so you played it. Your purchase of ArmA 2 does not entitle you to a free copy of DayZ which is an entirely different game.

Where's the "Nothing at all" option? Because I bought 2 games to be able to play this mod. I'm not gonna pay over 10 bucks for ANOTHER game.

So don't pay anything. Just don't expect to play DayZ anymore.

$15 for a finished product, if they do a good job $20. I don't want to pay for an alpha/beta/unfinished product. Unless they get their shit together and can make it work like minecraft.

keep in mind that the minecraft ALPHA cost $13 US.

DayZ standalone (finished) is worth at least $30

Edited by sparta436

60.00 usd for special edition alpha

25.00 usd for basic alpha

60.00 usd for final product

80.00 usd for special edition final

Wouldn't pay for an Alpha/beta unless It worked like a pre-purchase for the real deal

i think rocket's plans are to release the alpha as a sort of pre purchase for the actual product. Perhaps you will buy the alpha and then pay a discounted price for the standalone once it is released OR you could buy the Alpha and then get the standalone for free as it gradually updates itself to that point.

If it is really polished, $100.

If it is like DayZ currently is ... $60

Not paying a thing if there's sniper rifles and easy mode PvP

Now an actual survival simulator? I'd pay top dollar for.

This game really does have HUGE potential if Rocket and the dev's play their cards right it should be a work of art. In my opinion, DayZcan be one of the best games of decade. It will take some time, even after stand alone, but if everything the Devs say they want to do and more is accomplished it will be my favorite game EVA. So that is why I chose the whatever it takes option. Now mind you, when I say whatever it takes I mean upwards of $300. If I knew what the finished product would look like and how the dev's would go about keeping it updated I would probably go near $500.

Edit #1: Obvious sentence fragment is obvious

Edited by Newschooler

This game really does have HUGE potential if Rocket and the dev's play their cards right. In my opinion, DayZcan be one of the best games of decade. It will take some time, even after stand alone, but if everything the Devs say they want to do and more is accomplished it will be my favorite game EVA. So that is why I chose the whatever it takes option. Now mind you, when I say whatever it takes I mean upwards of $300. If I knew what the finished product would look like and how the dev's would go about keeping it updated I would probably go near $500.

Yeah, but clearly potential and hype does not a decent game make. DayZ is proof of that. It takes actually caring about more than the griefer crowd and blancing or moderating the abusers out.

Can't complete this poll because I would not pay for the alpha.

I would pay 20-30 bucks, they said they were going to follow minecraft's development model, minecraft cost 25 bucks, so there you go

The $60 a game thing has become an industry standard and nothing else. Games are $60 because people will pay $60, because thats what they believe their worth is. $40 is my top bid, and you don't pay for Alphas and Betas, they are designed for testing, not profit. But if you follow Minecraft's model more closely and put $40 as the final price, you could probably go $20, $30, $40.

Edited by Krobar

$30 bucks for full, $20 bucks for early release model.

$0 if they don't get their shit together. I don't care how busy they are with standalone, the mod in it's current state is plagued with the worst hacking I have seen. Not really that good of a first impression to newcomers or to anyone interested in purchasing the final product. Being free I still don't want to play it. Maybe if THEY payed ME I would get back on.

Edited by Thasik

Is the standalone going to be based on an entirely new map, with entirely new player models, zombie models, landscape and building models, and weapon models?

Or is it going to just be the current ARMA 2 map with some new animations, sounds, scripting, and textures for existing models to turn them into zombies?

One of those is a standalone game. One of those is DLC for an existing game. Since the claim is that the standalone will be released in September or October, then I fully expect it to be the latter and I wouldn't pay more than DLC prices. $5 to $15 at most.

And pay for an alpha or beta? $100 for the release and $30 per month? Are you people fucking stupid?

And pay for an alpha or beta? $100 for the release and $30 per month? Are you people fucking stupid?

No....ok maybe just a little. However, speaking for myself, I would pay that if the game was actually that good and really worth that much. I want DayZ to be the best it can be. If everyone's only shelling out $10, the dev's won't have much money to work with. Consequently, DayZ will suffer.......which is no good. So I have no problem paying a lot more money because I believe in this game. That's my take on it.

I really like this game and I see a lot of potential with it. But you are out of your mind if you think that I will pay for an unfinished product.

Hats off to all of you consumers who are encouraging a system that allows corporations to charge for a game 3 times before it is actually released.

Really, amazing.

• Like 1

Whatever it takes!

Tip: i'll pay a 100 if you let me play the standalone right now, rocket.

Just saying.

Given the standalone is probably only a couple pieces of concept art at the moment, I think you might be overpaying.

No....ok maybe just a little. However, speaking for myself, I would pay that if the game was actually that good and really worth that much. I want DayZ to be the best it can be. If everyone's only shelling out $10, the dev's won't have much money to work with. Consequently, DayZ will suffer.......which is no good. So I have no problem paying a lot more money because I believe in this game. That's my take on it.

You're not supposed to be paying developers before they release the game... they're supposed to make a kick ass product that is worth paying for. It shouldn't be up to you to motivate them by pledging your money based on their promises.

I do not agree. I think fronting a company money is part of the process. Traditionally this process has been done by investors and shareholders.

Stakeholders are now becoming a new avenue of investment for companies. Look at Kickstarter for instance.

I think overall it creates a better potential bond between a company and its customers, it allows for customers to have a voice in regards to the product.

€ is British Pounds, not Euros...................

I'm sorry, what?

British Pounds = £

Euros =

Why don't you try to Google your shit first?.

Edited by sarkasm0