sparta436

How much would YOU pay for DayZ standalone and Why?

151 members have voted

1. 1. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ standalone (finished Product)?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US
    • Whatever it takes to make DayZ the best damn game it can possibly be!
    • I KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!?!
  2. 2. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ Standalone Beta?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US
  3. 3. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ Standalone Alpha?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US

If hacking is fixed, I'd pay anywhere from $20-$30 in alpha, then obviously more for beta, or the complete release. But again, ONLY if the hacking is fixed. I've stopped playing all together because of how often I run into hackers and cheaters.

I'd pay 30-50 dollars for an alpha that works half ass and isnt broken all the god damn time cause of shitty patches and a shitty engine. Erhm.

$40 or so. I wouldn't mind paying the whole $60 for what a normal game costs, as long as he continues to do what he is doing and can prevent the extreme amount of hackers that are currently in the game. As well, I would want there to be no forced bandit skin that there is now. I don't want to be forced to wear a headwrap for defending myself, and he said that himself... but brought it back. For alpha though I would pay around $30 or so.

I'd pay 30-50 dollars for an alpha that works half ass and isnt broken all the god damn time cause of shitty patches and a shitty engine. Erhm.

well you might not get what you want and the standalone alpha might not be worth your money then. DayZ will be on an updated version of the same engine and, because its in alpha, will have plenty of bugs that we need to tell the Devs about. We are here so that they dont have to pay testers. If thats the way you feel, then save your $$$$ for the beta dude.

I'd pay up to a full game price. However the way servers word would have to be seriously revamped. As cool as the idea that my location and equiment transfer from server to server is, it is also one of the most negative aspects of the game for me. I would pay for a reliable server where your weapons and location save on that server only. No ghosting, duping would have to be fixed as well. Would have to be some kind of official server that I can count on always being there, instead of getting taken down after a month.

100 NZ dollars (between 80-85 us) up front without hesitation.. im not really keen on the idea o subscription gaming... i bought wow years ago... never got past installing cause o this(i should probably have read the cover) IId probably make an exception for this.

I'd pay up to a full game price. However the way servers word would have to be seriously revamped. As cool as the idea that my location and equiment transfer from server to server is, it is also one of the most negative aspects of the game for me. I would pay for a reliable server where your weapons and location save on that server only. No ghosting, duping would have to be fixed as well. Would have to be some kind of official server that I can count on always being there, instead of getting taken down after a month.

Thats alot of extra character data to store my friend, and when youre dealing with say 4 million players (DayZ will grow to that size I promise you) and each player plays on an average of 7 different servers or more that is ALOT of data to store. The cost will add up and just be insane. I've never been in game design but i just dont think that'll work. Someone prove me wrong please.

I paid $25 to be able to play the alpha mod, so I would think that a well-developed standalone would have to be worth $40-50. I hate paying $60 for games, as so few these days seem to really be worth it, and can't really fathom the people dropping $100+ on collector's editions, but to each his own I guess. I'm not a poor scrub just scraping by, but I could think of much better uses for the money - beans and ammo for the apocalypse, etc etc etc.

That said, if a lot of additional features are present, and the current features are fine-tuned into a well-oiled zombie death machine, then $60 wouldn't be a big deal....

Edited by -CARNIFEX-

I paid $25 to be able to play the alpha mod, so I would think that a well-developed standalone would have to be worth $40-50. I hate paying $60 for games, as so few these days seem to really be worth it, and can't really fathom the people dropping $100+ on collector's editions, but to each his own I guess. I'm not a poor scrub just scraping by, but I could think of much better uses for the money - beans and ammo for the apocalypse, etc etc etc.

That said, if a lot of additional features are present, and the current features are fine-tuned into a well-oiled zombie death machine, then $60 wouldn't be a big deal....

I agree. Most of us payed 30$ just to play the alpha version, and in doing so, decided that the alpha was worth $30 to us. If Rocket is going to charge $60 for the standalone, it better be worth our money.That means: No bugs, no hackers, better graphics, better servers, etc. I myself, will be dropping what i hope to be 100$ US for the collectors edition. i just hope it comes with NVGs lol.

I'd gladly pay full price for a standalone title, so long as the work they put into the engine differentiates itself enough from Arma 3. (assuming that's what they'll be doing) However, I'd love to be able to buy in early for a discount, a la minecraft. I mean, shit, if the idea tanks halfway through development, at least they have that guaranteed revenue. I'm all about Rocket and his future dev team getting their due for the work they've done.

It really just depends on what development model they go with.

60 dollars if it's a good game. Obviously it's being released in an alpha, so we'll get to play it as it develops, but still 60 dollars.

1 cent.

why? cause i would like it to be 1 cent

for an alpha version i would pay him this .!.

Edited by Grandpa

I dont care how much if have good anti cheaters system & efficient punishiment with hackers

i would pay him eight hundred million duodecillions. .. dang fanboys .. i would pay him 100 .. i would give him my virginity .. i would pay him 60 euro ... what a idiots for an alpha. No wonder this world is full of .. oh well.

Pay him nothing. let him work like a slave anyway he is giving us fun. when he start asking for money we will go find another free mod. AMEN.

Free is what it should be. FREE anyone thinking different is a Idiot. who thinks different? dont worry im pretty sure he wont make u a baby anyway faqs.

I'd gladly pay full price for a standalone title, so long as the work they put into the engine differentiates itself enough from Arma 3. (assuming that's what they'll be doing) However, I'd love to be able to buy in early for a discount, a la minecraft. I mean, shit, if the idea tanks halfway through development, at least they have that guaranteed revenue. I'm all about Rocket and his future dev team getting their due for the work they've done.

It really just depends on what development model they go with.

Even if the idea tanks in develpment, you'll still have some guy out there or some studio out there willing to clone DayZ and do it right ASSUMING that is that DayZ doesnt happen or isnt succesful. In that unprecedented instance someone else would pick it up because it'll make them a shitton of money and because thats how people work. If things keep going the way they are, and Rocket is kept project lead there is only a miniscule chance that the project would fail, but even if it does, someone out there will create the DayZ we've all dreamt of.

i would pay him eight hundred million duodecillions. .. dang fanboys .. i would pay him 100 .. i would give him my virginity .. i would pay him 60 euro ... what a idiots for an alpha. No wonder this world is full of .. oh well.

Pay him nothing. let him work like a slave anyway he is giving us fun. when he start asking for money we will go find another free mod. AMEN.

Free is what it should be. FREE anyone thinking different is a Idiot. who thinks different? dont worry im pretty sure he wont make u a baby anyway faqs.

Your thumbnail tells me that you are a homeless man. You should have other priorities before you consider paying for video games,

I don't ever see DayZ costing more than 25 euro. Alpha will be heavily discounted from this. -qouted from rocket on reddit

so 25euro's or 30.8675 u.s. dollars for the full game and then maybe 5euro's or 6.1735 u.s. dollars for the alpha

Edited by xiiam

Since,there is a lot of starvation around the world i would pay 20$ for the finished product ... also knowing my experience with games using RV engine !

The 60 $ game really needs to be exceptionnal in details and gameplay,if it is like what we're playing now it's not even worth 15 $.

Edited by Qazdar

I don't ever see DayZ costing more than 25 euro. Alpha will be heavily discounted from this. -qouted from rocket on reddit

so 25euro's or 30.8675 u.s. dollars for the full game and then maybe 5euro's or 6.1735 u.s. dollars for the alpha

I dont think the minecraft Alpha was even 5 euro. It should be at least 10 dollars. We have to remember that BI is actually a business with money making being its main interest and purpose.

Where's the "Nothing at all" option? Because I bought 2 games to be able to play this mod. I'm not gonna pay over 10 bucks for ANOTHER game.

If you could give a discount for people who bought ARMA2:CO that would be great. If not, then I could just as well buy War Z to get something fresh, bugfree and different so I don't have to pay twice to get the same game.

Rocket says he wants it to go the Minecraft model. That will be impossible by now, because we've already had to purchase this game once, in a sense. I didn't have to buy Minecraft twice.

And you're suggesting that we should have to pay for alpha, beta and finished product of the standalone separetly by the looks of this poll? Considering there is no option for not paying, that's all I can assume. That's just fucked up mate. I fucking hope that's not what you're suggesting. That'd be some greedy shit.

Edited by Creambomb

Where's the "Nothing at all" option? Because I bought 2 games to be able to play this mod. I'm not gonna pay over 10 bucks for ANOTHER game.

If you could give a discount for people who bought ARMA2:CO that would be great. If not, then I could just as well buy War Z to get something fresh, bugfree and different so I don't have to pay twice to get the same game.

Rocket says he wants it to go the Minecraft model. That will be impossible by now, because we've already had to purchase this game once, in a sense. I didn't have to buy Minecraft twice.

And you're suggesting that we should have to pay for alpha, beta and finished product of the standalone separetly by the looks of this poll? Considering there is no option for not paying, that's all I can assume. That's just fucked up mate. I fucking hope that's not what you're suggesting. That'd be some greedy shit.

Good, go play WarZ.

Few bullet points and some concept art makes for a great game.