Teiwaz

[Poll] OH NOEZ! Neighbors at my camp!

Suddenly: neighbors at your camp  

63 members have voted

1. 1. So someone decided to put his tent(s) quite next to yours, but it seems he hasn't discovered them. What do you do?

• Wait for that dude to come back, then kill him, hoping he'll never return.
    • Move your camp to another location.
    • Nothing - I just wait and see if he ever discovers my camp.
    • Nothing - I just wait for the next server restart to get all my gear back if it got looted.
    • I love having neighbors. Maybe we could team up?
    • Fuck this game! Never play it again!
    • Nothing of the above, I'll... (share it)

So I'm just curoius. What do you guys do when your camp's probably going to be discovered by some random dude, pitching his tent(s) next to yours?

Edited by Teiwaz

he might be a good neighbour and keep his hands of your stuff... otherwise you might just pick his shit too :P

Edited by Shakawkaw

just move it to be safe because you wont always be on when he is and he could take all your shitttttt

Leave it there. Fill his tents when yours are full. The good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

Your servant,

Weld

• Like 3

Leave it there. Fill his tents when yours are full. The good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

Your servant,

Weld

That's a nice one I didn't even think about! So you basically bribe him and hope for the best? That's awemazing ;)

What we do is check to see if there is anything we don't have (unlikely) then put some bombs around the tent, and wait to see if they come back. The best plan is to not blow the dude(s) up with the tent but do it right before he is in range so he gets to see his tent blow up, :-) Then shoot him.

• Like 1

Empties his tent. Save tent.

Dude will think the tent is hacked/bugged, and will go away. Or he'll understand the spot isn't safe, and will go away too.

That's a nice one I didn't even think about! So you basically bribe him and hope for the best? That's awemazing ;)

Bribe him? If you want to look at it that way, sure. But that implies that you want something from him, and that is not what I am saying.

Your servant,

Weld

Bribe him? If you want to look at it that way, sure. But that implies that you want something from him, and that is not what I am saying.

Your servant,

Weld

Well, you want him to either be friendly or to not loot your stuff - that's why I would call it (some sort of) bribery ;)

i think the main idea behind weld post was.... share with thy brothers and sisters! but eh, it's just me :P

Edited by Shakawkaw

Share tales of awe and courage while cooking a nice hot meal of beans sitting around a comfy campfire.

Or slit his throath while he sleeps and watch the life fade away from his eyes as he breathes his last and cursed your name for all eternity.

It's hard for people to actually be nice in this game but that's completely understandable based on 90% of the posts here lol. Since I don't usually find problems looting (and I kind of find that cherno/elektro gear run fun) I try to be nice. I typically give people the benefit of the doubt even in this community lol. It hasn't bit me in the ass that often surprisingly enough...

But even in saying that I am currently in a camp war with another group. So much so that we've basically stayed out of cities/towns for the past 4-5 days. We've been completely surviving off their stuff when we find their tents (which seem to be everywhere in the northern hills). We'll occasionally stop for gas to refuel our ATVs (though sometimes they have jerry cans for us lol). They stole our Ural though so we've resorted to just blowing there shit up--gear and all. We don't need the Ural anyway, 2 players + 2 ATVs is plenty to survive in DayZ. Low profile = FTW.

Now if I could only find another L85 after I got my ATV caught on bricks near the south barracks at the NW Airfield which caught fire and exploded...Just happy I survived. lol.

Well, you want him to either be friendly or to not loot your stuff - that's why I would call it (some sort of) bribery ;)

He will be what he will be, but you must be what you will be. Share and share alike, if that is the way it needs to be said - though I wouldn't even put it that way. Sharing implies something mutual, which is not what I mean. Give without wanting anything from the other.

Your servant,

Weld