Sign in to follow this  
badger05

Arma 3 engine does not support windows xp

Microsoft is a greedy company that should fail miserably (along with companies like EA and Sony) with absolutely no opportunity for a bailout.

Gates began to appreciate the expectations others had of him when public opinion mounted suggesting that he could give more of his wealth to charity. Gates studied the work of
and
, and in 1994 sold some of his Microsoft stock to create the William H. Gates Foundation. In 2000, Gates and his wife combined three family foundations into one to create the charitable
which is the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world
The foundation allows benefactors access to information regarding how its money is being spent, unlike other major charitable organizations such as the
The generosity and extensive philanthropy of
has been credited as a major influence. Gates and his father met with Rockefeller several times, and modeled their giving in part on the
's philanthropic focus, namely those global problems that are ignored by governments and other organizations.
As of 2007, Bill and Melinda Gates were the second-most generous philanthropists in America, having given over $28 billion to charity
They plan to eventually give 95% of their wealth to charity
  • Like 3

Has there been any official word on it ?

Didn't rocket say that standalone combined the best bits of both engines, and that if you can run Alpha then you can run standalone ?

Windows 7 upgrade is pretty cheap and probably won't impact your general performance much if at all. Windows 7 will also give you direct x 11 support.

Windows 8 will be out by the end of 2012 from what I hear so you could always make the jump from xp to 8.

Has there been any official word on it ?

Didn't rocket say that standalone combined the best bits of both engines, and that if you can run Alpha then you can run standalone ?

According with all I read, I SUPPOSE that standalone will use all sub-system of VR4 except fo network subsystem for mplayer, that will be from VR3 .

Edited by octopos

Windows 7 upgrade is pretty cheap and probably won't impact your general performance much if at all. Windows 7 will also give you direct x 11 support.

Windows 8 will be out by the end of 2012 from what I hear so you could always make the jump from xp to 8.

Windows 8 will be terrible

• Like 1

Yeah, Windows XP is totally useless, cause you know it's just the most used OS for business and for education.

Edited by Youjellyman
  • Like 1

Yeah, Windows XP is totally useless, cause you know it's just the most used OS for business and for education.

Damn right, Look at all these trolls raging its funny really. First 10 posts said exactly the same thing. like sheeple

Without Windows XP you would have a true 2YK. Alot of enterprises run it. its the linux version of windows basically. and its very good! Win7 has less features then Win XP

Microsoft isnt stopping support for XP because its old. its stopping it to sell new licenses. Windows 8 is shit windows 7 is shit. XP might be the only decent operating system microsoft ever producd

Edited by kodexs

You should get Windows 7 now before Microsoft try to push Windows 8 down everyone's throats. According to most reviews, using Windows 8 is like chewing shit flavoured glass.

This looks like a complete computer management disaster.

If you run Win 7 and want to run XP, go for VirtualBox and run an emulator.

Also, 7 includes many "hidden" features that are not in XP : multiprocessing is way better, memory management is too, kernel is strongly updated toward global stability (think about CTRL+ALT+DEL), and go on.

Give up on XP, or emulate it just as I emulate DOS now... Dual boot it?

Just LOL.

• Like 1

What's all this herp derp about xp being unsupported? My updates have been coming through just fine, thanks.

Who still uses Windows XP.

If your computer is that bad that you run XP for the performance boost, you should just trash it and buy a new computer.

I can undestand why people stuck with XP over Vista. But choosing XP over win7 is just plain wrong.

I'm already using Windows 8. Sure, it's different. They have taken some things out (like the Start menu and MPEG2 codecs) and improved others (like the multi-monitor taskbar). But I feel it's about the same as Windows 7 if you ignore all or most of the Start screen 'apps' and just use it as a program launcher.

I know the the Metro new interface was designed for touch operation but is a little clunky to use with a mouse (new computers being made for Christmas this year should have touchscreens). The apps there are not yet up to the level of other Microsoft desktop applications (like the Music app not reading metadata from MP3s or the Video app showing all my pr0n alongside my movies). And there aren't a lot of apps in the Store yet either.

I haven't done much testing of games but Steam was working and some games too. Didn't test ArmA 2 though.

Why do you assume I have no job?

Lesson for you douchbag, we are in an economic depression/recession. It is only going to get worse, despite what some idiots say...

Microsoft is a greedy company that should fail miserably (along with companies like EA and Sony) with absolutely no opportunity for a bailout.

You clearly do not understand the concept that money doesn't grow on trees, and that there are far more important things to use it for such as paying bills and paying off debt (especially loans from school) as well as food and other essentials.

Why should I be forced to spend so much money on an OS that simply takes up MORE memory and contains features that I don't care about and changes features that I absolutely love?

Windows 8 is going to be completely crap because of the changes within it and especially because of the greedy bastards plan to try to force us through Microsoft Games/Windows Live to play our games and trying to kill off great programs like Steam and great companies like Valve.

Same for Apple, both Apple & Microsoft should collapse and go absolutely bankrupt.

Pretty sure Bill Gates donates a shit ton of money... and you're right.. F**k microsoft.. go linux, buttt if your to stupid to know how to get windows 7 for free than i doubt you'r egoing to be able to find your way around linux...

It's 2012, why are you not on windows 7, developers should not support 10+ year old operating systems.

That's right. WTF is he doing using XP which it was a good OS back in the days (with SP3). Now Win 7 is new king!

I like how many people in this thread are busy arguing the virtues of Windows 7 vs. XP.

You think we're still running XP because we choose to? Because, you know, it's not like there is a global recession on, businesses failing left and right, and massive unemployment. Here, let me go sell a kidney to get another HDD and OS.

<_<

In any case, new boxes were still being built with XP not all that long ago. They're old, but not stupidly ancient. Our machines are just barely 4 years old.

Anybody who can upgrade to Windows 7 will do so. People are asking these sorts of questions because they can't, and are trying to figure out if they can even play standalone.

Edited by Uncle Scrotor

I like how many people in this thread are busy arguing the virtues of Windows 7 vs. XP.

You think we're still running XP because we choose to? Because, you know, it's not like there is a global recession on, businesses failing left and right, and massive unemployment. Here, let me go sell a kidney to get another HDD and OS.

<_<

In any case, new boxes were still being built with XP not all that long ago. They're old, but not stupidly ancient. Our machines are just barely 4 years old.

Anybody who can upgrade to Windows 7 will do so. People are asking these sorts of questions because they can't, and are trying to figure out if they can even play standalone.

Like i said before... its extreemly easy to get win 7 for free... and im sure u know someone with a copy... and dont give me the "its wrong to do that" crap... Welcome to PC gaming!

Microsoft hasn't been punished yet, for not giving upward compability with the direct-x and related things? For their Internet Explorer they have paid hundreds of Millions....

Why Windows XP users are not allowed to install higher DirectX versions and related upgrades to make it run? Is it technically not possible?

Wait some time and Windows 7 users will be forced to get windows 8 +, if they want to play new games and use new programs etc. My Windows 7 is only 2 years old. Only reason I see for not giving software upwards compability is hardware evolution to the point, where the os itself would not be able to run with new cpu's and other technologies.

Oh come on. How decomposed is this thread? August 2012.

Let it die with dignity.