{sas}stalker

BE log file scripts.log

Can any other admins please check to see if their server is still producing scripts.log. I'm not sure if there was a BE update but at 5:50am this morning some chap ran a multitude of scripts on our server and was then kicked with a #90 restriction and since that point the server has stopped logging. I've rebooted it to no avail.

Any Ideas ?

I've just downloaded ours this morning. The size looks about right for 24 hours of use, I'm going to check them shortly.

The only difference I've noticed is, on our one server we've upgrade to .5 you can no longer delete the script file to reset it. I'm not sure whether this is a BE problem or a CP problem. Tried it with the server stopped as well.

I've passed it onto Gaming Deluxe support to see if they can find a reason why it cannot be deleted.

In regards to the BE kick message.

Open up battleye/scripts.txt, find 5 openMap !"\"openMap\"," and change the 5 to a 1 so that it is only a report instead of kick. That's what we did and have had no problems since.

BattlEye updated with a new scripts.txt and looks for a tonne of more stuff now, the line above is the one causing the kicks for everyone however.

Download the scripts_old.txt, change it as smasht_AU has said, rename it to scripts.txt, upload to your BattlEye folder and restart to the server.

Download the scripts_old.txt, change it as smasht_AU has said, rename it to scripts.txt, upload to your BattlEye folder and restart to the server.

I have RDP to the box, ive changed the file with what smash_AU says and renamed it to scripts.txt. Upon restart it gets renamed (I can watch it do it) and thus no logs are created.

setting it to read only makes no difference either. I have no idea what is going on tbh but if its not going to log its not going to kick either is it ?

right after the daily restart this morning, my script.txt was renamed to script_old.txt

In the server console was this note:

9:52:08 BattlEye Server: IMPORTANT: DayZ server admins are urged to remove their current scripts.txt file to avoid kicking until an updated version is available. The new BE Server version fixes a bug in the scripts.txt reading which causes problems with the current file.

A much better message, and one that would have prevented me from wasting my morning, would have read;

9:52:08 BattlEye Server: IMPORTANT: DayZ server admins are urged to remove their current scripts.txt file to avoid kicking until an updated version is available, Oh no wait we'll just rename the fucking file for you rendering your whole BE server more useless than it currently is. The new BE Server version fixes a bug in the scripts.txt reading which causes problems with the current file but we've not bothered to release that yet because we were to busy working out how to rename files on your servers. Go fuck yourselves xx the BE team111111!!!!! Penguin.
Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Just noticed mine was renamed to scripts_old.txt as well. So whats the issue now? I just got the BE message as well asking to use the new script file as well but don't know where to get it, or if Vilayer has already updated it. I did notice in the scripts file, there was a //new attached to the first line. So, do I need to rename it to scripts.txt now and will it function then? Still a newbie to this stuff to be quite honest.

Mine was renamed to scripts_old.txt

Script.log stopped at around 5:13 BST yesterday

Anyone know why???

Have gone to the files and updated the BE directory but no script.log methinks.

For those after the new scripts etc... It isn't clear, but they have put them in the cfgdayz zip file here: http://se1.dayz.nu/.dayzhosters/

Edited by SLUGSoc