Sign in to follow this  
Buick72

Stolen duped gear, safe way to hand it out to noobs?

I raided a tent city last night and grabbed a crap ton of NVGs and range finders. I can't use them all, and my friends have enough after raiding a similar tent city. I don't bother setting up tents due to thieves like myself, bugs, and scripters. I thought it would be fun to hand this stolen loot to new spawns on the beach. However, I don't want to get blasted by an enfield/makarov the second I run up to hand this gear out. What do you guys suggest? Just ditch it in deer stands? Drop it in commonly looted spots near the beach? Or set up a tent on the beach for the fresh spawners?

Sure I could have left them for people to find, but I like stealing stuff from dupers....even though they can replace it.... Though, thanks for leaving me those grenades to pop your tents!

Anyway, question stands. Safest way to get this crap to some new starters that need it? My attempts at bartering usually just get me shot.

Edited by Buick72

Drop them somewhere in the supermarket or something ? Or go to the coast and look for freshspawns and give it to them.

Edited by Vipala

Drop them somewhere in the supermarket or something ? Or go to the coast and look for freshspawns and give it to them.

Last time I tried to hand out gear on the coast I got called a hacker, and or they dropped when they saw me walking up. Guess I'll just leave it in markets like you suggested.

Just go get yourself killed in a main area with loot on your body.

Might as well. My record life was 30 days, with all the scripters these days it seems silly to try and live that long again. Might as well share the wealth with the other poor sods on the beach.

How about you don't, I raid camps and destroy all contents. I did try dropping stuff for new players on the coast, but I soon realised If I gear up fresh spawn's with high end gear I was robbing them of a real experience of the game.

It makes them lazy and brings them to the point of thinking "wow so easy" then and I know this for a fact (nametag server) I find my geared up spawners think "I'm unstoppable! and then go about killing other spawners / players. I wanted them to survive, but I had inadvertantly turned them into killers.

Destroy tents and make the playing field even, at least until the server restarts. I have seen clan members return to their camps after death and heard them moan like cowards "what now? I am not playing without good gear?!"

Destroy, Do Not contribute would be my advice.

But as you want info (I doubt you play on my local servers!!), Pitch a tent near coast, not too near spawn points, and let the players find it, You know the high player areas, work around that. this will give you tactical withdrawl and keep you safe while you do your deeds. failing that give people camp locations, let them do their own recces.

• Like 2

I spent two weeks looking for NVGs (unlucky I guess).. Was it worth it? absolutely.

IMO you are worse than the dupers, at least they try to keep the high-end gear to themselves.

• Like 1

I spent two weeks looking for NVGs (unlucky I guess).. Was it worth it? absolutely.

IMO you are worse than the dupers, at least they try to keep the high-end gear to themselves.

you're an idiot. do you know how hard it is to NOT dupe? as soon as you put something in a tent and save the tent you've duped it.

put items in tent and save = keep them = ur a duper next reset.

or put items in tent and don't save = lose them?

yeah kk mate I think I can see how losing your gear constantly is pro

• Like 1

How about you don't, I raid camps and destroy all contents. I did try dropping stuff for new players on the coast, but I soon realised If I gear up fresh spawn's with high end gear I was robbing them of a real experience of the game.

I agree. I can see the kindness you are trying to impart, Buick, but by handing new players free loot gives them room to not learn the game mechanics as they were designed to be played and creates a 'manufactured' experience. It's the same reason why I recommend new players fight the urge to open any web based DayZ map - the first few hours and days you spend just exploring and discovering things on your own, unassisted, are some of the best gaming hours you'll ever get out of DayZ. To be clear, the time spent wandering unknowingly isn't the only epic adventures you will enjoy in the game, as you'll begin to find other ways to make amazing things happen once you become more familiar but that sense of innocence and naivety that you experience initially is something quite unique and very difficult to replicate once those moments pass. I think that learning by your own actions, mistakes and curiosity is what helps you bond with the game. Let these players hone their skills in the same way that you did and let them create their own adventures, wherever it may take them. If you were able to discover this tent city without someone running to the coast and handing you great equipment, then others will be able to discover these tents too and they can then revel in the wonder of what they have stumbled upon.

Edited by Hotdog
  • Like 3

you're an idiot. do you know how hard it is to NOT dupe? as soon as you put something in a tent and save the tent you've duped it.

put items in tent and save = keep them = ur a duper next reset.

or put items in tent and don't save = lose them?

yeah kk mate I think I can see how losing your gear constantly is pro

Social problems? that's okay - it's the internet!

Read what I said properly then reply, keyboard warrior!

• Like 1

take nothing, bomb everything! they should have hidden better haha!

I kid, take what you need/want and either leave the rest of destroy it.

I agree with a post above, being handed everything will ruin the experience for the player. However, acting like a supermarket Santa could be quite fun :D

• Like 1

It makes them lazy and brings them to the point of thinking "wow so easy" then and I know this for a fact (nametag server) I find my geared up spawners think "I'm unstoppable! and then go about killing other spawners / players. I wanted them to survive, but I had inadvertantly turned them into killers.

Destroy tents and make the playing field even, at least until the server restarts. I have seen clan members return to their camps after death and heard them moan like cowards "what now? I am not playing without good gear?!"

Destroy, Do Not contribute would be my advice.

But as you want info (I doubt you play on my local servers!!), Pitch a tent near coast, not too near spawn points, and let the players find it, You know the high player areas, work around that. this will give you tactical withdrawl and keep you safe while you do your deeds. failing that give people camp locations, let them do their own recces.

You sir, are full of logic, and win. I think I'll toss the extras in the woods next time I log in.

It's funny, I avoid camps near the beach even though I am a kleptomaniac when it comes to duper camps. I normally just ditch peoples gear in the woods near, or 1-3 miles from camp depending on how much space I have in my pack. I was just thinking lately since so many people have been being killed by scripters, tossing out some stolen duped gear to help the other poor SOB's .... might be a karma builder..... Ok, I admit, I sometimes feel bad for killing guys that have nothing I need and try to help em out after the fact.... Though, I do not kill the unarmed anymore. Unless they get close enough to loot my pack after being told to back up a time or two..... Still have a plus humanity trying to keep it that way W/O exploits. Wish you got humanity for tossin an unarmed guy a 1911 and 5 mags. Left a few on the coast lately only to run from the guy who picked em up.

Sure I coulda shot em with my DMR, but.... he blew through three mags trying to kill me from 5 feet away.... maybe I should have left more magazines....

I know right, they exploit and keep it to themselves, I steal it and hand it to some guys on the beach who wont last through the day anyway! Maybe I should just shoot unarmed guys instead of helping them wtf is my problem?!

Edited by Buick72

I know right, they exploit and keep it to themselves, I steal it and hand it to some guys on the beach who wont last through the day anyway! Maybe I should just shoot unarmed guys instead of helping them wtf is my problem?!

Lets get this straight.

You found exploited/hacked items and instead of destroying the items - you want to hand out the *cheat* items to noobs.

If you don't know what is wrong with that then there is no hope for you.

Give them compasses or maps, but no weapons.

Getting weapons for free makes the game less fun.

Tents out in the open are usually traps, so people are not likely to go to them thinking a sniper might have set them up as bait.

Also, trying to chase people down to give them stuff looks more like you are trying to kill them.

I would suggest placing a tent inside of the back of a store, or inside a school building, where there is less chance a sniper might set up to watch them, and place the items inside.

Schoolbuilding in Electro would be great. Many people hit that before they leave to the powerplant, which tends to be their final resting place anyhow.

Lets get this straight.

You found exploited/hacked items and instead of destroying the items - you want to hand out the *cheat* items to noobs.

I normally destroy them. I guess I just have a soft spot for kids/newbs. I never hand out guns, (anymore) it ALWAYS backfires on me.

I gotta admit... you have a damned valid point... But is dropping some NVGs on the road from/out of Cherno so bad?... Crap, have I just been spamming high end gear to KoS kids? Kinda feel like an idiot for trying to help people now... *sigh* I guess the road to hell really is paved with good intentions....

Adding to the already huge weapon inflation really doesn't help anyone. Destroy the guns and move on.

How can you be absolutety sure that those were dubers tents? i bet that if someone founds our tent, they immediatly think tbat we dubed all our shit. We have plenty of m4sd, as50, some svd camos, and other weapons. We even have like 3000 bullets for m249. Some spare nvgs and rfinders. Some found from barracks or helicrashes, others taken from other players. We haven't dubed a single item.

Oh wait, i was taling bs, we dubed one alicepack with ghillie, nvm.

How can you be absolutety sure that those were dubers tents? i bet that if someone founds our tent, they immediatly think tbat we dubed all our shit. We have plenty of m4sd, as50, some svd camos, and other weapons. We even have like 3000 bullets for m249. Some spare nvgs and rfinders. Some found from barracks or helicrashes, others taken from other players. We haven't dubed a single item.

Oh wait, i was taling bs, we dubed one alicepack with ghillie, nvm.

If you have a bunch of tents duping is happening.

Take all items out of tents that you encounter and drop them on the ground.

Save the tent.

Move on.

Lets get this straight.

PLEASE stop talking, every word you type makes everyone on this forum dumber...

How do you destroy tents? I found a tent one time with a Mk. 48 in it, grabbed it and all the ammo I could carry, then ran the tent over with a truck. Promptly crashed the truck and died. Went back to that area to see if there was another campsite nearby, found the same tent, the same contents, everything like I left it a couple days ago. Just no truck, obviously. I've tried to break my own campsites, pulling out the gear and axing the tents to the ground, but no luck. They're more stubborn than the zombies are, rising from the dead time after time to annoy me. Since I've died since placing them, I can't repack them, and I'm not even sure that would work.

The only thing I can think of to get rid of the stuff would be to take it all out of the tent, pile it on the ground, then save the empty tent and hope the server restarts and cleans up the pile before anyone goes there and puts it back.

Take the items into the woods and drop them. That's probably the best thing you can do to help the issue.

Edit: Oh yeah, and save the tent afterwards... in the off chance the save works a server restart will not dupe the items.

Edited by teapot