Sign in to follow this  
MrYoubs

In need of some SERIOUS guidance.

So i've been in the situation like 5 times now where i have a decent wep + ammo like a lee enfield or ak 74 or something with decent amount of food/water and equipment. I search for hours to get a toolbox then somehow get killed.

I really need some help on where to go to get an easy vehicle that doesnt take 10 hours to make. Seriously, sneaking around for so long getting parts or finding a bloody vehicle (for the record only found quad bikes so far) then just get killed.

Alternatively (another separate question) : do sniper rifles only spawn at the north end of the map, or also in the main cities?

Cheers

Just been killed by a noob with an axe after like 20 hours alive after going afk for 20 seconds.

Fuming.

Edit: for example i read before "my friend got killed, spawned in kamenka and luckily found a vehicle, so came and picked me up"

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! he spawned, magically found a toolbox, a vehicle and all the parts to fix it?

pfffttt

Edited by MrYoubs

why do you need a vehicle? leave that till you get a group of friends together, or find a clan

how am i supposed to get around the map without a vehicle? or am i supposed to just stay in elektro forever?

If you are on your own, surely a Bicycle would be sufficient, I find them everywhere! I agree with the other comment you dont need vehicles unless your in a group.

• Like 1

havent seen once bicycle yet in over 50 hours of playing :/

If you're solo or with one other friend you'll get killed within 10 minutes of having a vehicle. Vehicles just bring attention to yourself and unless you are well equiped to defend yourself ie 4-5 people with decent gear you should avoid using them at all costs.

how am i supposed to get around the map without a vehicle? or am i supposed to just stay in elektro forever?

Run.

That's why some people call DayZ "The Running Simulator."

I've been alive about 15 days now and I've wandered all over the map several times over.

Vehicles are over-rated anyway. they'll get you killed by attracting attention. A bicycle is your best bet...I think there should be more of them on the map.

• Like 1

Hello there

The map, while large is easily traversable on foot. Plus, whilst on foot you wont miss as many loot opportunities as you do in a car, as you are usually "road locked".

Helo crash sites are good for loot but can be zombie heavy.

Never go afk unless well hidden and away from popular areas like Elektro.

A lot of patience is needed with this game.

rgds

LoK

You run, good sir. Let this be your guide for loot (clicking on the building(s) will show you what percentage certain gear has to spawn). It should take you roughly 40 - 50 minutes to reach the top of the map.

The best places to find vehicles are along the west and north edges of the map, as well as the northeast most corner. I wouldn't even bother checking any spawns.

I walk everywhere, in fact on my longest run of 7 days i ran constantly between NW airfield and cherno/elektro, sure it took awhile, but i got every rare loot in the game. Cars aren't needed unless you're planning on going way outside the map.

Spend a couple of hours looking up north in the forest and you are bound to find a vehicle and many camps.

sounds legit guys, thanks! btw: biggest justice ever, found my corpse, the faggot who killed me afk got kill by zombies before he could loot me :') so happy. i shall commence my run to NWAF :D ty

• Like 1

Run, its quicler and safer then dirving around in a vehicle and potentialy gettin blown to bits when you hit a tree or something