JD_274

Makeshift Supressors (With 100% more believability!)

So we've all encountered these "makeshift suppressor" threads with crazy ideas like, being able to muffle the sound of your weapons with a pillow, or a blanket, or a glass bottle. While it may seem practical in Hollywood, it barely serves true in real life. Now one might ask themselves, "well if weapons are so loud, and we can barely find any suppressed weapons, what's the point of using guns? They're practically dinnerbells for the zombies!" And i for one agree with them! Practically no point to use a gun unless you're facing up against a bandit. So what could we do to expand the use of our dinn-*AHEM* I mean, guns? Simple; brought to you by the real world, introducing:

The Econo Can

7272779258_d912bfc769_b.jpg

0.jpg

Now you might be asking yourself "What the hell is this?" Well it's quite simple really, the folks over at http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com have designed an adaptor (Pictured above next to the orange car filter) that will attach a car filter to the front of your firearm of choice, and make a very cheap and inexpensive supressor! Still doubtful? Well i'll make a believer out of you! Watch the Econo Can in action!

The way these could be implemented is they could be weapon attachments that reduce the range at which they are heard, however greatly obstruct your view when aiming down your sights. Not to mention that car filters will degenerate quickly due to their makeshift nature and will noticeably reduce the weapon's effective range.

What could be done as for ingame drops, is adding the actual weapon attachment drop in residential areas that resembles the Econo Can, and then make car filters a common drop in industrial areas. Once we hit standalone, this addition could greatly revolutionize the way we scavenge and explore!

• Like 2

+1,

i'm all for improvised stuff like this, and suppressors are actually pretty easy to make in real life

would have to be super rare..

not all guns would take the attachment of course

Edited by Haplo
  • Like 1

nice video for the morons that dont know how to make their own suppresors.... you can actually make them outta pop bottles and many other things.....

You know something's shady when the echo of the gun crack is louder than the gunshot's profile in the recording. Compare 2:10-2:15 with 2:18. There's no echo from the sound of the gun itself at 2:18 so you know the echo isn't from the action. But there's a massive reverberation from the previous gunshots. That sound is traveling far as a motherfucker and they had to doctor that audio pretty heavily.

@86JR

What this guy said....

Good luck getting a suppressor on an Enfield.

nice video for the morons that dont know how to make their own suppresors.... you can actually make them outta pop bottles and many other things.....

Why are people like me, who doesn't know how to create stuff like this morons? i only see one ignorant moron here.

• Like 1

one question? doesnt supressors diminish the force of the bullet in the impact of the target, like the game the m4a1 cco sd is as weak as an ak, while the m16 without is almost as powerful as the noisier of the rifles, like the akm, and for last the super noisy dinner bell that is 6700 in the game, very nice to kill bandits.

another question, can we make the opposite possible, changing gears or pieces in the gun through makeshift to make it although louder, but also more powerfull?

I dont even fire my gun at zombies anymore, why go silenced? Not to confront you, but i also do get the use of silencing the gun

Suppressors dont diminish the force of the bullet, but the use of subsonic ammunition.

Hello,

Also AFAIK most of the weapon platforms in the video are .22 and so are not that loud to begin with (comparatively)

From what I remember they do use one pistol of a higher calibre and it's still damn noisy even though it is suppressed somewhat.

Also, remember suppressors wear out over time, so their capability is diminished with use.

The econo can is fine and fits the Dayz ethos (if one can find the connectors and if you have a threaded barrel) but all the "silenced" weapons need to be far louder IMHO.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Yep i like this adds to the apocalyptic atmosphere would love to see more of this stuff reminds me of the brilliant

jagged alliance 2.

Edited by Knollte

Thanks for the support everyone, while I do agree it wouldn't fit the criteria of certain weapons that simply CANNOT be fitted with supressors, this would do wonders for some of the weapons that can, like the Makarov to provide a source of common and silent secondary shooting to pair alongside your actual primary that would serve the purpose for more intense combat.