Sign in to follow this  
CommanderBoiled

finally done with this game (at least for some weaks)

hello dayzetters,

just wanted to write down my wierd final adventures in dayz. after building up several helicopters (about 10) on several servers in the last days (not a single one remained longer than 12 hours untill the server ate it or untill some ESP hacker found it) my friend and I launched a final try to repair a heli and just want to see it parked for longer than 24 hours. we gathered the parts, everything fine.

so we hit skalisky island, switched some servers and finally found a chopper on lu385. but there were some other survivors there too at that time trying to repair the chopper. after i connected to that server i wasnt able to switch to my primary weapon and i wasnt able to walk (1st wierd). so i started to shoot that guy repairing the chopper with my pistol. after firing the first shot that guy alt+f4ed. i wouldnt even be able to be as quick as this guy to alt+f4 if i really wanted to do it (2nd wierd). after some 30 seconds or so the friend of this guy came from my back, i was standing at the green house, and fired about half of his dmr-mag into me. i was insta dead of course. my friend joined a bit later and killed one guy, but was then killed by the other. shit happens.

then we spawned at the beach, everything fine, and headed again to skalisky. we arrived, swam over there and saw the chopper lifting. maybe they left some of our gear there? we approached and exactly in that second when we reached the chopper spawn point the server restarted (3rd wierd). after the restart the chopper was again at the spawn point, our corpses of course not.

after that enjoying part we were just looking for some other choppers on other servers (still unarmed). eventually we connected to de 745 and there was some guy standing besides the chopper in his ghilli suit. the weird thing about him was that he wasnt moving, i think he was bugged or something. so we were able to loot him while he was standing there. he had some interesting weapons with him. a g36 camo and an as50 aws. i think i dont have to explain that these weapons dont exist in dayz normally (4th wierd). we looted him anyway just because we had this enjoying experience some minutes ago.

we swam back to the coast, but STOP! easy come easy go, when we were about in the middle of the bay the previously looted hacker gear disappeard and is now swimming on the ground of the ocean. even though we were swimming several times with full gear to that island without losing anything. (formerly, i think at least in dayz v1.6. something your gear was dropped at the shore, i know, but since some time it was able to swim without losing gear). and that was then the 5th absolutely wierd thing we experienced in about an hour of playing dayz.

maybe others experienced similar wierd things? or even more wierd things? anyway, after playing dayz since v1.5.8.4 the events of this evening brought us to the descision to stop playing this game for some weaks at least because hackers, bugs, the general arma 2 engine and i dont konw what else is adding up to something what makes this game no fun at all at the moment. i know its alpha and everything, we all try to help to gather bugs and describe them (look into my postings i really tried to help), but I think you all know what i mean when iam a bit excited about the summation of all the things mentioned which make playing and testing at least no fun and almost impossible.

i wish all the best to future patches for dayz and especially to the standalone project. i will stay tuned but i will now turn to something else besides of this game (isnt there summer time at the moment outside? do i not have to earn some money?) :D

regards

Yeah my group of friends that play this have all quit for the most part. Beautiful concept and I hope Rocket and crew can polish things to get it where it needs to be. Should be a blast when it finally goes "gold" so to speak.

Thanks for the Facebook update.

sorry, I must have mixed this up. i thought this was the dayz general discussion section which is there to share experiences and talk about the game.

i was at day 9,finaly found decent gear,survived campers and and psychos with hatchets,dropped to 300 blood and back at 12000 again,see 2 of my clanmates die,i decided to go north to my clan.i traveled and traveled from cherno to the top area of the map,on foot,looting every place cause i needed food.I walked for more tham 30 minutes,went at the northern area of the map,and after some minutes we were heading back south when 3 of us accidentaly decided to drop dead(hacker).I didn't quit the game,i didn't even rage.It's just how the game goes.if you dont like it,dont play it,its your choice.but we all know bout the bugs and glitched,so just get used to it until they fix it.

Edited by Ereveton

You know what sucks about the newest Total Recall? It's missing the scene where Arnie is disguised, but his disguise bugs up and is stuck saying TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS!

Plus it was pretty boring altogether. Colin Farrell is meh.

You know what sucks about the newest Total Recall? It's missing the scene where Arnie is disguised, but his disguise bugs up and is stuck saying TWO WEEKS! TWO WEEKS!

I refuse to watch it because they cast Colin Farrell. Two good lady actors and they cast Colin Farrell...someone needs to lay off the pipe.

I suppose everybody has a braking point....At least when you come back ya'all going to have blast exploring the changes and getting into it again ;)

Hopefully there are "changes" to explore when they come back. I took a month or two off, nothing new was added. I don't expect much from the free mod so it doesn't bother me. After my break, I enjoy the game a few times a week.

I can not take your post seriously until you spend "some weaks" in English class.

I wonder how many languages can you speak Mr awesome

but maybe I just didn't get the sarcasm on internetz

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

I refuse to watch it because they cast Colin Farrell. Two good lady actors and they cast Colin Farrell...someone needs to lay off the pipe.

How can you possibly dis this... Colin Farrell is one of Ireland's best rising stars in Hollywood and abroad today. His film presence has been filled with memorable roles that range from an inwardly tortured hit man, to an adventurous explorer, a determined-but-failing writer, and the greatest military leader in history.

He should be called Awsome of awesomness Farrell. The man is clearly a god, nay..a god of gods..possibly The God.

<sarcasm>

heh, im done now too got a global ban (legitimately - used a map hack to destroy off map camps knowing the risk) bought a new key not too bothered, havnt played with it apart from to spawn didnt like my spawn so logged.... come on 3 days later global ban....

Not paying again for a key so ye fuck it im done i guess, good luck. has been fun, shame you cant fix the exploits etc in this version of the mod, you provide no proper tools to test your mod yet apparently its in the testing alpha stage, and because it so popular seem to have so much sway over battleye development despite the fact the things people do in your MOD are the same kind of scripting you applied to the BASE GAME quite funny but that's life.

If it really was an alpha you would be able to test things galore, pick up any weapon you wanted go where you wanted and do anything you wanted with the aim of reporting back at alpha its not really about playing it by set rules and any deviation leads to a ban, if you had not done this you would never have found the limits of battleye you might not even know the kind of things that dont work without scripts and in the meantime people lose all access to online play for a game because of this mod.

I had one legitimate ban like i said fine i bought a new key, but you can fuck off if you think im paying again now after i did nothing... i dont mind admitting what i did, but maybe you should at least release updates that fucking work if you are going to be so strict with the controll, off map hoarding fixed its just bullshit youve done nothing and your newest patch is a joke, none of the features listed in the update work by the sounds of it.

heh, im done now too got a global ban (legitimately - used a map hack to destroy off map camps knowing the risk) bought a new key not too bothered, havnt played with it apart from to spawn didnt like my spawn so logged.... come on 3 days later global ban....

Not paying again for a key so ye fuck it im done i guess, good luck. has been fun, shame you cant fix the exploits etc in this version of the mod, you provide no proper tools to test your mod yet apparently its in the testing alpha stage, and because it so popular seem to have so much sway over battleye development despite the fact the things people do in your MOD are the same kind of scripting you applied to the BASE GAME quite funny but that's life.

If it really was an alpha you would be able to test things galore, pick up any weapon you wanted go where you wanted and do anything you wanted with the aim of reporting back at alpha its not really about playing it by set rules and any deviation leads to a ban, if you had not done this you would never have found the limits of battleye you might not even know the kind of things that dont work without scripts and in the meantime people lose all access to online play for a game because of this mod.

I had one legitimate ban like i said fine i bought a new key, but you can fuck off if you think im paying again now after i did nothing... i dont mind admitting what i did, but maybe you should at least release updates that fucking work if you are going to be so strict with the controll, off map hoarding fixed its just bullshit youve done nothing and your newest patch is a joke, none of the features listed in the update work by the sounds of it.

Please don't come back. Also, go die.

• Like 1

Play Lingor Island, totally revitalized the game mode for me.

I know Rocket frowns upon it, but they should really get on board with it IMO.

Days in the week = week

Not strong = weak

I can not take your post seriously until you spend "some weaks" in English class.

ahahha make a random posting in a forum and 2 out of 16 ppl are grammar teachers who cannot add anything but complaining about a typo. xD i recognized the week/weak mistake right after i started the thread, but you cannot change the heading after you've posted it. and iam sure you didnt read the rest of my post because there shouldnt be too many mistakes in that. besides of I/i and missing apostrophes.

i was at day 9,finaly found decent gear,survived campers and and psychos with hatchets,dropped to 300 blood and back at 12000 again,see 2 of my clanmates die,i decided to go north to my clan.i traveled and traveled from cherno to the top area of the map,on foot,looting every place cause i needed food.I walked for more tham 30 minutes,went at the northern area of the map,and after some minutes we were heading back south when 3 of us accidentaly decided to drop dead(hacker).I didn't quit the game,i didn't even rage.It's just how the game goes.if you dont like it,dont play it,its your choice.but we all know bout the bugs and glitched,so just get used to it until they fix it.

i got used to the bugs and glitches, lags, hackers and what have you for the last 3 monts, i think iam, at least in this current thread, one of those who played this mod for the longest time. and i played it a lot. i dont know how often i wandered from south coast to the north (on foot) and back and from there agian to the north and so on. I've just, as someone said, reached a breaking point, after i experienced 5 or 6 wierd happenings within an hour of playing and you cant explain them without "cheaters, hackers, bugs, glitches, wierd servers" coming to your mind. i've had many other weird experiences on other days but yesterday too many strange things added up in a too short period of time.

i just felt the need to write that story down to get some ideas from other people about that. the interesting part is that about half of the answers here has nothing to do with my posting or is just trolling. i think thats quite representative of the current dayz community. there are alot of kind people but also too many super cool badasses adding nothing but annoynce.

Edited by CommanderBoiled

I find with games like DayZ that have such a unique feel that it's very easy to play too much and get burnout. Having a break for a few weeks and then returning to see what's new is a great way to avoid becoming a jaded whiner. There's plenty of other great games out at the moment that i'm enjoying the chance to catch up on (thank you graphics glitch, I wouldn't have found the time without you!)

Yeah I’m pretty much done with the game too. I had a good time with it at first but there aren’t enough gameplay features to make this a long lasting and entertaining game.

I though Day Z was the game I’ve always wanted but really, it turns out that it is just “Battle Royal” with zombies... And the zombies might as well not be there.

In the day z I really want, zombies would be the real threat not players. They would be such a big threat that survivors are almost force to work together if they want to survive.

Secondly, the survivors need something to work like base building and skilling up their persistent character.

All this would make the game feel like a true zombie apocalypse survival game for me.

Edited by Rek Seven

I had the same problems with Minecraft. Fact is, games in active development just don't have all the meaty structure a completed game does, you'll get bored quickly if you try to play with the consistency of a finished game.

Take a break for a while, maybe a few patches. Hopefully now that the whole standalone hubbub is over Rocket can really crack down on development and we'll see an increase in either quality or pacing.

Edited by MoronToTheKore

these are some wise hints. i think the sandbox game concept with no rules (at least superficially) and no goals is new and interesting but it gets more and more boring after 3 months of playing this after you did everything and saw everything. especially when you have to deal more with server problems, hackers and cheaters than with testing and finding bugs. e.g. your tents or vehicles are on servers which dont save them, or which are up and running well one day but then are down the next day and stay down forever. or when 90% of the players you encounter alt+f4 after the first shot was fired or when you get constantly teleported to elektro or into the thunderdome, start to dance mysteriously or your camps never stay longer than 24 hours because there must be ALOT of people who use these ESP hacks.

ill wait untill battleye gets more powerful, i think thats currently the biggest problem. graphics glitches, teleports to the coast and the like is all avoidable but you cannot avoid cheaters, alt+f4ers or ghosters.

Edited by CommanderBoiled

Hi. im the admin of lu385. im sorry about your problems.

our server is currently very buggy since the patch.

Vehicles does not save or get turned into others, buses becomes bikes and things like that.

I am trying to figure out what is going on atm thats why the server restarts so often.

Ulfhedjinn likes this.

No Mars killed it for me. Get your arse to Mars.

3 hours ago - Like

OP: One of the game requirements is "balls", don't get attached to your stuff. This is also an alpha of a mod, did you really expect a bug/hack-free gaming experience?

Edited by Ulfhedjinn