Sign in to follow this  
Fector

Spawned at coast, lost all gear? You can still do a corpse run!

See topic.

As we all know, recently there is the phenomenon of players getting spawned at the coast after logging in only to discover that all their gear is lost. This may or may not be linked to a prior spawn in the debug plains after an alt+f4.

Annoying as it might be, you could still be able to recover your gear. The moment you spawn at the coast, a corpse of you will spawn at the location you logged off before. It is loaded with all your gear, including the backpack ofc.

Just throwing it out there, since so many threads about this problems are spawning left and right atm and I rarely see people mentioning the corpse run possibility.

Happy Recovery.

• Like 4

you dont lose your gear

any bad that says they spawned on the coast with no gear just means they thought they ALT+F4'd quick enough to live but didnt.

you dont lose your gear

any bad that says they spawned on the coast with no gear just means they thought they ALT+F4'd quick enough to live but didnt.

That's pure bullshit. I lost my stuff and I disconnected normally.

• Like 5

i spawned today in coast but with all my gear, there will be a corpse where i before disconected?

Don't think so, but not sure.

So far, I experienced 3 different variations of the coastal spawn bug:

1) Spawn at coast, gear still there

2) Spawn in debug plains, all gear gone, after relog either 1), 3) or normal spawn (all gear, same place as logout) occur

3) Spawn at coast, all gear gone

It's only with 3), that I can say for certainty you'll find a corpse, don't know about the other situations. Might very well be.

you dont lose your gear

You are either clueless or trolling, probably both.

If they had died, their stats would be resetted and they would have the starter equip (backpack, bandage, flashlight, painkillers) - this is clearly not the case. People spawn without ANY gear, but keep their kills, headshots, etc.. Also, it can definitely happen without a prior alt-f4.

Edited by Fector
  • Like 2

you dont lose your gear

That's an erroneous assumption my friend, one that I know not to be entirely accurate since it recently happened to me after executing a leisurely DC from a server due to a pending server restart; no ALT+F4 involved in any way. I can confirm that what the OP wrote was true in my case... I was able to return to my last logout location after server restart (a 14.5K run) to find my body and recover all of my gear.

That's an erroneous assumption my friend, one that I know not to be entirely accurate since it recently happened to me after executing a leisurely DC from a server due to a pending server restart; no ALT+F4 involved in any way. I can confirm that what the OP wrote was true in my case... I was able to return to my last logout location after server restart (a 14.5K run) to find my body and recover all of my gear.

ive been teleported around 10 times

each time because i had to close the game because it got stuck on loading

the reason why you get put on the coast is; when youre loading into the game youre at the debug plains. when you close the game the hive records your last known location at the debug plains. so with 1.7.2.5 it fixed the failed update "you get put on the coast if your last known location was at debug plains or water world". and thus since your DC'd at the debug plains and your last known position to the hive is debug plains; it puts you on the coast.

edit: didnt lose my gear once

Edited by Buffjesus

that is shit, i just loged out. And now l lost all my gear and i'm at the coast and because i did not know you could run to your corpse i tryed other servers...nice.

• Like 1

that is shit, i just loged out. And now l lost all my gear and i'm at the coast and because i did not know you could run to your corpse i tryed other servers...nice.

Sucks to hear that - but that's why I posted this topic - to spread the knowledge, so it doesn't happen to the others :)

Oh you...

ive been teleported around 10 times each time because i had to close the game because it got stuck on loading

the reason why you get put on the coast is; when youre loading into the game youre at the debug plains. when you close the game the hive records your last known location at the debug plains. so with 1.7.2.5 it fixed the failed update "you get put on the coast if your last known location was at debug plains or water world". and thus since your DC'd at the debug plains and your last known position to the hive is debug plains; it puts you on the coast.

You asserted that anyone who has experienced this particular bug would only experience this if they had ALT+F4'ed. I am simply informing you that this assertion is incorrect.

Points of fact regarding my (and likely others) experience with this bug:

1. I logged out normally from the server due to a pending server restart (5-minute warning).
  2. After server restart, I logged back in normally to see my own death notification and find myself in the debug plains; by "normal" I mean explicitly that I DID NOT "get stuck on loading"... the "normal" login process resulted in my being located in the debug plains.
  3. I did not die before logout; I was located under a comfy pine tree way out in the forest all by my lonesome. I know I did not die because when I logged back in, DC'ed from the debug plains, and relogged in a second time, my character stats remained unchanged from what they were prior to server restart.
  4. Now, the *only* way to resolve being spawned in the debug plains is to DC and then log back into the server, as you noted, and this does indeed result in a coastal spawn - which has been the case since the last DayZ update (1.7.2.4). However, when I did this it resulted in my inventory being completely empty -- no pack, no starter gear, no weapons, no tool belt items -- nothing at all.
  5. After relocating my last good location prior to the server restart, I found my dead body exactly where I had logged out - under the tree with all of my gear.

The simple fact is, just because *YOU* have never experienced this particular bug does not mean it does not exist nor does it mean that it is the result of an ALT+F4.

• Like 2

You asserted that anyone who has experienced this particular bug would only experience this if they had ALT+F4'ed. I am simply informing you that this assertion is incorrect.

1. I logged out normally from the server due to a pending server restart (5-minute warning).
  2. After server restart, I logged back in normally to see my own death notification and find myself in the debug plains; by "normal" I mean explicitly that I DID NOT "get stuck on loading"... the "normal" login process resulted in my being located in the debug plains.
  3. I did not die before logout; I was located under a comfy pine tree way out in the forest all by my lonesome. I know I did not die because when I logged back in, DC'ed from the debug plains, and relogged in a second time, my character stats remained unchanged from what they were prior to server restart.
  4. Now, the *only* way to resolve being spawned in the debug plains is to DC and then log back into the server, as you noted, and this does indeed result in a coastal spawn - which has been the case since the last DayZ update (1.7.2.4). However, when I did this it resulted in my inventory being completely empty -- no pack, no starter gear, no weapons, no tool belt items -- nothing at all.
  5. After relocating my last good location prior to the server restart, I found my dead body exactly where I had logged out - under the tree with all of my gear.

The simple fact is, just because *YOU* have never experienced this particular bug does not mean it does not exist nor does it mean that it is the result of an ALT+F4.

between 1 and 2

did you join the server while it was still briefing or pending

between 1 and 2

did you join the server while it was still briefing or pending

No. I learned weeks ago that attempting to join a server in either the "Waiting" or "Briefing" state nearly always results in the infinite "Loading" screen bug. I always wait until the ingame Multiplay listing shows "Playing" before I join a server.

great... 500m away from the NWA and i spawn on the coast... well at least i kept my gear and spawned in elektro.

Just had this happen to me to. went to the regular server i use, logged on. was spawned in the empty plains with nothing and a notice that i had been killed (and i know i hadnt before i logged off, was under a tree safe and sound). so i logged out, and logged back into the same server. now i was on the coast and had nothing. no starter gear, nothing, and low on food and water. my stuff is near the major airport, and it spawned me on the bottom right of the map. so running back to my body is TOUGH. oh, and its night time.

its def happening to some people.

Fuck me, spawned at the coast lost everything exexpt 2 stanag mags and a soda can. Weeks of work all gone and not because i screwed up but because of another bug. Im gonna stop playing until the stand alone is out, its just no more fun.

• Like 1

Fuck me, spawned at the coast lost everything exexpt 2 stanag mags and a soda can. Weeks of work all gone and not because i screwed up but because of another bug. Im gonna stop playing until the stand alone is out, its just no more fun.

Play in a team. If you need weeks to reach high tier, you're doing it wrong.

Simple solution:

Get a helicopter.

It might take some time and dedication, but i'm sure there are tutorials how to do it and what you need for it.

Its actually very easy if you have a team which knows what to do. Also need a good pilot, i'd suggest to

train flying skills in a mission before hopping on the pilot seat in dayz.

If you find, repair and secure one on a populated server,

you and your mates can scan the whole map for tents.

Check the tents, note down the locations and contents,

and when you ever need something you know where you can get loot for free.

I already have a list of about 20 locations where to get all kinds stuff i can think off.

But honestly, if you play like that for a few weeks, it will get boring fast.

edit:

this just happened to me yesterday and it was not really a problem at all.

i had no gun, no flashlight, no backpack and half an hour later i have a lee enfield and enough food to survive for a while,

deerstand / residental loot only, without any respawn tricks.

just for the giggles to see if i can. didn't get back to my corpse in time due to server restart, but hey.

today i will get my gear back. or maybe not, being a scrub again is so much fun!

learn to play!!!

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

Play in a team. If you need weeks to reach high tier, you're doing it wrong.

Simple solution:

Get a helicopter.

It might take some time and dedication, but i'm sure there are tutorials how to do it and what you need for it.

Its actually very easy if you have a team which knows what to do. Also need a good pilot, i'd suggest to

train flying skills in a mission before hopping on the pilot seat in dayz.

If you find, repair and secure one on a populated server,

you and your mates can scan the whole map for tents.

Check the tents, note down the locations and contents,

and when you ever need something you know where you can get loot for free.

I already have a list of about 20 locations where to get all kinds stuff i can think off.

But honestly, if you play like that for a few weeks, it will get boring fast.

edit:

this just happened to me yesterday and it was not really a problem at all.

i had no gun, no flashlight, no backpack and half an hour later i have a lee enfield and enough food to survive for a while,

deerstand / residental loot only, without any respawn tricks.

just for the giggles to see if i can. didn't get back to my corpse in time due to server restart, but hey.

today i will get my gear back. or maybe not, being a scrub again is so much fun!

learn to play!!!

Guess you are right, the game is like herion, i just started playing again lol

This just happened to me. I'll miss you as50, ngv's, gps, silenced m9, rangefinger, and m4ccoSD... ):

• Like 1

This just happened to me. I'll miss you as50, ngv's, gps, silenced m9, rangefinger, and m4ccoSD... ):

get over it.

i've lost more.

I've logged back in on two occasions recently where I found myself at debug plains and then re-logged to the beach. Both times I had all my gear at the beach spawn and was able to run back to my body (at my tent) which also had all my gear on it.

I logged out last night way up north of the North East Airfield and today I logged back in at Kamenka. Fucking hell that's a long way to run, guess I'll rebuild down south for now until this all gets sorted out.

I can confirm that bodies are left as OP describes.

Logged out of a server at the edge of some woods east of Grishino. Logged into another server the next day, the screen started fading in and I noticed I had a broken leg that wasn't broken when I logged out. Suddenly I'm in the debug plains. I disconnect, try another couple of servers, and in both I'm now on the coast with no gear. Searched forums, found this thread, logged back into the debug plain server, made the hour long run from my coast spawn at Otmel back to Grishino and sure enough there was my body, complete with L85A2 AWS and ALICE pack. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Then I roamed south a bit and on hearing AS50 shots, went to investigate. Popped up for a look around to see the ghillie shaped thermal signature only 25m away, aiming straight at me. We both fired, we both died.

I've never had a love/hate relationship with a game to this extent before, and for that in itself it must be loved.

yep, I logged into a server in debug plains, broken legs, one death, so I aborted, relogged and was on the coast with nothing.

wish this post was up a week ago lol.

if you guys are getting stuck at the loading screen, then this is a different case (although the bugs could be related). by quitting that game and relogging into a new server you will almost certainly be put on the coast.

never once was I put on the coast when quickly hopping servers as long as it loaded (I hopped like a dozen within minutes the other day trying to find a daylight server).

my suggestion is to get dayz cmdr so you can at least favorite servers easily. then, when you get stuck loading, alt tab out, run another game by logging on a server that you know is loadable. then when that loads, start task manager and delete the dayz that's taking up less memory. alt tab back in and play on!

don't know if this will work if the second instance is stuck at loading. maybe make a third and then delete the two lowest?

• Like 1

get dayz cmdr so you can at least favorite servers easily. then, when you get stuck loading, alt tab out, run another game by logging on a server that you know is loadable. then when that loads, start task manager and delete the dayz that's taking up less memory. alt tab back in and play on!

Great tip