Yshido

Fix the f****** graphic issues! FFS!

FFS. I cannot believe the developers are so f****** feckless! People are reporting massive graphical issues for over 2 weeks now and the devs are getting nothing done! This is truely rediculous.

Let me speak up for the community here:

We like the mod!

We are willing to test this alpha, but atm we cannot test due to the graphical bugs!

We are paying to test this alpha!

So get your f****** ass in gear and get it done, so we will be able to test further! It could not be a big deal to just remove the items causing these problem until you have a clou how to fix this crap! FFS just remove the barb wire, dead bodies or whatever and make a hotfix actually working! I bet nobody will care if there are less or even none dead bodies.

For those those who are going to cry now: It is an alpha, or learn how things are woking, or how to develop a freggin software... well... here is a little how to:

Software developement for dummies:

1) Get the idea.

2) Make a plan

3) Start programming

4) Get out an alpha version

5) Get hand on all the reported bugs. DO NOT IMPLEMENT NEW FEATURES WHILE BIGGER PROBLEMS STILL EXIST!

6) Go to the next version. Repeat 4) and 5) until ALL bugs are fixed!

7) Get out a beta version.

8) Implement a new feature. YES, only one!

9) Get hands on all reported bugs.

10) Go to the next version. Repeat 8) and 9) until all features are implemented properly!

11) Go for a release candidate (usually public beta)

12) Get hands on all reported bugs until everything runs smooth and tasty.

13) Release the software!

I guess the list isnt hard to understand.....

• Like 1

This is trolling, right?

If not, I got an idea!

With your superior methodology, you should be able to leap light years ahead of this mod in no time.

Anyone at all can make an Arma mod. I suggest you show us what you got. I will keep an eye on this thread for a link to your new mod.

• Like 2

Please, don't speak for anyone but yourself because I don't want you representing me with your foul and unnecessary language. You KNOW this is an alpha version but you are swearing at the developers. You seem to know a lot about programming and making a video game/mod so here's an idea for you: GO DO IT YOUR FUCKING SELF ASSHOLE

• Like 1

Not sure how you could complain about this patch/hotfix. I mean....did you even see the sweet towel your character wraps around his face now?

A)The bug is not barbed wire, it is those soldier bodies you see lying on the ground. -_-

B)He attempted to fix them, some people got it working, some didn't I myself seem to have improvements with it, so if you can't see, HE IS WORKING ON IT!

C)This is an alpha, where the developer focuses on adding/removing/changing features in the game, and testing this on testers like us.

Actually the last fixed did not fix the problem, but it should have fixed it. And I will not calm down at all!

we are paying to test this alpha??? No we're not!! You should be lucky you can even be in an alpha. Developers never give you the chance. They are experimenting and trying out new things. And once again... it's free... rocket isn't getting any money from you. And YEEES you bough arma 2 just for dayz blah blah blah. I bought a new internet service just to use google chrome that doesn't mean I'm paying for google chrome. And please be a bit more polite to people.

A)The bug is not barbed wire, it is those soldier bodies you see lying on the ground. -_-

B)He attempted to fix them, some people got it working, some didn't I myself seem to have improvements with it, so if you can't see, HE IS WORKING ON IT!

C)This is an alpha, where the developer focuses on adding/removing/changing features in the game, and testing this on testers like us.

A) Read my initial post carefully. I said wire or bodies

B) The attempt was nice to see.... the result not! Tbh there should have been an immediat remove of those items and the fix should be done within a closed testing system and not on the thousands of servers, ppl paying for.

C) Read the list again and try to undestand it!

we are paying to test this alpha??? No we're not!! You should be lucky you can even be in an alpha. Developers never give you the chance. They are experimenting and trying out new things. And once again... it's free... rocket isn't getting any money from you. And YEEES you bough arma 2 just for dayz blah blah blah. I bought a new internet service just to use google chrome that doesn't mean I'm paying for google chrome. And please be a bit more polite to people.

Let me ask you a question:

Who the fuck is paying for over 4300 running server?! Got an idea? Good!

I paid to test this alpha and I'm having some fun. Just because some meshes fuck up on my screen doesn't mean I'm going to make a thread telling the Dev's how to do their job.

I paid to test this alpha and I'm having some fun. Just because some meshes fuck up on my screen doesn't mean I'm going to make a thread telling the Dev's how to do their job.

At some point a tester has to tell a dev how to do his job .... thats what the tester is for!

press escape>abort>disconnect>exit>close the game.

load again and it seems to sort itself, not always but most times for me.

(completely exit game/shutdown don't just drop to player pool)

A) Read my initial post carefully. I said wire or bodies

B) The attempt was nice to see.... the result not! Tbh there should have been an immediat remove of those items and the fix should be done within a closed testing system and not on the thousands of servers, ppl paying for.

C) Read the list again and try to undestand it!

You didn't seem to read my post carefully or don't notice some things, I said that SOME people have it working, SOME don't. One of my friends said that certain graphical setting affect if it works or not. Also you said in your initial post that "the devs are getting nothing done!" but he released a hotfix that seems to have worked for a number of people.

Also I was just confirming that it was bodies, I was completely aware that you also mentioned barbed wire.

I did read the list, you posted that Alpha is where developers fix bugs, when really it is for adding features and building the game and such, Beta is where the developers polish the game, make a few small changes here and there, and then finish off the product by a release.

You didn't seem to read my post carefully or don't notice some things, I said that SOME people have it working, SOME don't. One of my friends said that certain graphical setting affect if it works or not. Also you said in your initial post that "the devs are getting nothing done!" but he released a hotfix that seems to have worked for a number of people.

Also I was just confirming that it was bodies, I was completely aware that you also mentioned barbed wire.

I did read the list, you posted that Alpha is where developers fix bugs, when really it is for adding features and building the game and such, Beta is where the developers polish the game, make a few small changes here and there, and then finish off the product by a release.

I appologize! Sry, mate.

Haven't you even developed a video game before OP? Dumb noobs don't know, alpha is for testing minuscule changes while the game remains completely broken as a whole. And don't make me remind you again..."Thou shalt not question the developers priorities during alpha". So just shut up and do your job. Head down, power through. You are part of a privileged few who have the rare opportunity to test new and exciting mechanics like the bandit skin or the humanity debug monitor (I know it was there before but it back for christ's sake!). Be proud; tell your friends you are a video game tester! It's a job, it's not suppose to be fun yet! Cheers!

press escape>abort>disconnect>exit>close the game.

load again and it seems to sort itself, not always but most times for me.

(completely exit game/shutdown don't just drop to player pool)

Tried this countless times. Worked 1 out of 20 for about 15 min.... Yeah great work around, while it would take roughly 10-20 min for a dev to get rid of all the bodies. *sigh*

Please, don't speak for anyone but yourself because I don't want you representing me with your foul and unnecessary language. You KNOW this is an alpha version but you are swearing at the developers. You seem to know a lot about programming and making a video game/mod so here's an idea for you: GO DO IT YOUR FUCKING SELF ASSHOLE

So you decided to respond with "foul and unnecessary language" ??

you pay for these servers, well knowing it is in alpha stage, and there will be bugs. They are developing a mod, that is in alpha stage, that you for some reason feel entitled to playing. Rocket could easily demand money for this, but he doesn't. If you don't like it, then don't buy a server, other players and server owners are being patient while you are being an arsehole.

everyone has problems with something, and there are a shit load of bugs, everyone knows that, that is even told to you in most forum posts.

So unless you can fix it yourself; wait patiently, ask nicely how the progress is going, or leave.

*fixed again*

Edited by KasperBS

volunteers.

As in... they do not get anything in return for their efforts. Whether that be time, money, resources, and/or expertise. Any one of those server operators could shut down their server today. There is no obligation to support this mod.

1) Get the idea. (Dont talk about the game)

2) Make a plan (Dont talk about the game)

3) Get funding (Dont talk about the game)

4) Start programming (Dont talk about the game)

5) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

6) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

7) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

8) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

9) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

10) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

11) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

12) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

13) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

14) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

15) Talk about game at E3, 1 trailer, 10 minute gameplay for atendees

16) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

17) Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

18)Internal testing(alpha) (Dont talk about the game)

19)Do 1-3 weeks closed beta(if we feel nice, 99.9% of the time, we dont)

20) Release game with day 1 patch, game still buggy, so we patch after release.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

1) Get the idea.

2) Make a plan

3) Start programming

4) Get out an alpha version

5) Get hand on all the reported bugs. DO NOT IMPLEMENT NEW FEATURES WHILE BIGGER PROBLEMS STILL EXIST!

6) Go to the next version. Repeat 4) and 5) until ALL bugs are fixed!

7) Get out a beta version.

8) Implement a new feature. YES, only one!

9) Get hands on all reported bugs.

10) Go to the next version. Repeat 8) and 9) until all features are implemented properly!

11) Go for a release candidate (usually public beta)

12) Get hands on all reported bugs until everything runs smooth and tasty.

13) Release the software!

I guess the list isnt hard to understand.....

I am a professional software developer and you sir have absolutely no idea what SDLC is and how engineers approach development...

I am a professional software developer and you sir have absolutely no idea what SDLC is and how engineers approach development...

Are you actually telling this guy he is wrong? How dare you! This man obviously has everything figured out.

You're right suspenselol, it was remiss of me to deny the knowledge of this man/woman/child/internet nobody.