random_stuff

Stuck at loading

I think, although may be wrong, this happens when are you using a different patch than the server,

What do you do use to run the game?

• Like 1

It's happening to many people, sometimes you load in fine, sometimes you get stuck forever, regardless of the versions, it seems to happen randomly even if you are on the same version as the server. ie both running latest version or both running old version or you on new version and server on old, sometimes I get in immediately and then an hour later get stuck on the loading screen on the same server.

Is the hive being DDoSd, dayz website is also slow over the last few days?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I can't connect to any server it worked fine in 1.7.2.4 but 1.7.2.5 does not work i can't even play.

I'm almost certain it's related to the server having a different version (even an old one) than client's. Beta versions are said to be backwards-compatible but it doesn't seem so with DayZ.

I have found, do not use six launcher with the new patch, as six wasn't updating the new dayz patch only the arma II patch.

When I manually installed the dayz patch, and loaded up six, it said I was still on the old version......

When I installed dayz commander, and installed the new dayz patch it was fine, dayz commander said it was fully up to date.

When I then opened six to check, six either reverts the changes OR doesn't recognise the new patch, as a result servers must get confused or something, as six says you Dont have the same dayz patch as the server,thus causing you to get stuck on loading. I assume this is because Rocket hasnt uploaded the new dayz patch to six, and everyone wants the new patch, but as many of us use six as its "recommended" its causing issues with the dayz patch.

So install the patch manually, then use dayz commander to check if its up to date, and Do not open six launcher as its this mess it all up, and you will have to make the file changes again

This is just my findings, it may not be 100% correct, and may change if/when rocket adds the new patch to six.

No i can't play on 1.7.2.5 servers and i have that patch is it a six launcher problem?

Yep I have the same problem, I have yet to find a solution.

I haven't been able to connec tsince the update either, can anyone provide step by step instructions for manually updating?

This worked for me:

Download this torrent: TORRENT LINK

Put all the files into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

(Make a copy of the @DayZ folder on your desktop before overwriting the files!)

Run six launcher, but join a game without verifying.

• Like 1

But how do i install it manually it's so complicated...

You literally download the files from the link on the homepage and replace them in your dayz folder....

I've been using commander the entire time though and also manually updated so that isn't the issue for me

Well this is what the .rpt file reads when I try to load in to the server. maby one of the divs could use this to fix the problem.

"LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:282 (]NWM[ Ev!|_) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"

19:27:33 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0,[0,0]],[0,0,0,0],["","amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_zevl",100],[114,[-18668,0.00146484]],6112]"

19:27:33 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-2-A:1 (]NWM[ Ev!|_) REMOTE Type: Survivor2_DZ"

19:27:35 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1952268354, users.card=12

19:27:35 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1952268354

19:27:35 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1952268354 (]NWM[ Ev!|_)

19:27:35 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1952268354, users.card=12

19:27:35 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1952268354

19:27:35 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1952268354 (]NWM[ Ev!|_)

19:27:35 "DISCONNECT START (i): ]NWM[ Ev!|_ ("2634566") Object: B 1-2-A:1 (]NWM[ Ev!|_) REMOTE"

Edited by Evil_

With 1.7.2.5, I tried like 10 servers this morning, all with Ping < 100, stuck at "Loading". My patience goes until maybe 3 Minutes, then I have to kill the Arma process.

This worked for me:

Download this torrent: TORRENT LINK

Put all the files into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

(Make a copy of the @DayZ folder on your desktop before overwriting the files!)

Run six launcher, but join a game without verifying.

After my erlier post I used the link provided and did a manual uninstall and reinstall of DayZ useing the files from this torrent. Worked like a charm.

Thanks Mate!!

Now to just recover all my kit I lost from the damn scirpt kitty "ie. HACK" killer that got me before the update......AGAIN!!!