Sign in to follow this  
ButtHat

Occupations

Let me start by saying my intent with this suggestion is not to make MMO style classes.

But maybe from the start you pick from a few occupations, instead of just gender? Cop, mechanic, athelete, or Cook. (or whatever ideas)

Based on your occupation it assists you in your start. Cook maybe starts with a few cans of food, cop a pistol, mechanic can fix a broken vehicle from the get go, athelete has a small bonus to speed. Something like that. Might make those first few moments of the game a little more interesting :) nothing that dictates the long term game play, just getting off the shore.

Oh look, its this thread again.

Try searching sometime. Its been uggested a billion times and every time the answer is the same

NO

It would be nerfed and EVERYONE would start as cop/soldier

• Like 2

Let me start by saying my intent with this suggestion is not to make MMO style classes.

But maybe from the start you pick from a few occupations, instead of just gender? Cop, mechanic, athelete, or Cook. (or whatever ideas)

Based on your occupation it assists you in your start. Cook maybe starts with a few cans of food, cop a pistol, mechanic can fix a broken vehicle from the get go, athelete has a small bonus to speed. Something like that. Might make those first few moments of the game a little more interesting :) nothing that dictates the long term game play, just getting off the shore.

That could be a good idea,but not the way you said it,cause people can just abuse it,put a tent next to the coast,spawn as a cook,put food in tent,let zombies eat you,spawn as a cook again,like 2 more times,then spawn and respawn as a cop to get gun and ammo,and then respawn as a athlete to be quicker,take the equipment you stored and start playing..It'd take the fun out of it.But you can do something similar if you play with a group.Some of you can be cooks and carry/loot for food,some could be medics,some could be soldiers,so everyone of you has somthing specific to loot,carry and share with the rest

Was just a thought. I guess i'm the only one who gets tired of the initial 30 minutes trying to find a quick bite to eat and a pistol to run up north. *Shrug*. It's fun the first few times, but after a while, i'm just ready to try and get back north.

This has already been suggested before. Shoulda searched before posting.

If you seriously want this go play Garry's Mod RP and experience what it's like when people take on job roles.

I thought this was the Suggestions thread. Not the post and get recommended to play another game by all the fanboys.

Dont worry. They just become very afraid when they see a new idea...

(Even if it isnt actually that new :P )

Edited by DieVirulenz

There are planty of Arma 2 mods that are similar to what your looking for.

Oh, there are? They have an Arma mod that gives me a choice to start with a makarov, a can of food, or some other little perk from the shore, but is identical to DayZ in every other aspect? Great! What is it called? ;)

Edited by ButtHat