Sign in to follow this  
JNoworyta

Let my friend download ArmA 2 CO off of my steam to play DayZ. Our DayZ characters are now linked up with each other.

My friend had come over to my house to play DayZ. He had recently downloaded a torrent of ArmA CO and we were figuring out a way to make it work with DayZ. I got the brilliant idea for him to delete all his torrented ArmA 2 files and sign into my Steam account to download the game. I had realized I didn't need steam to run DayZ. So a few hours go by and he downloads the full game and we get DayZ to work like normal. We log in and we see he is logged into the same exact spot my character on a different computer logged out of and he also has all the same weapons I have. We than proceed to test if we move his character than log into mine if I will be in the spot his character moved to. Yes. I logged in and I was in the same spot where my friends character had moved and logged out of. He than makes a new character and spawns on the coast with all my guns and ammo again. We try going onto the same server but he ends up getting kicked. Does anyone know the reason why this is happening between our two characters? Its a totally clean ArmA 2 CO version and he downloaded DayZ off of this website so its not anything I sent him. The only thing I could think of is if we are using the same wifi it links our characters up. Thanks. I appreciate all the help.

it's because it's using the same cd key.

You can't just give your friend the game for free.

How about your friend, instead of stealing the game, actually spend money and by the damn thing.

• Like 1

Of course. If it's the same Steam account with the same Arma, than yes you have the same character no matter how many you create in the game.

Also you probably got kicked for leaving and joining the server again n' again as they thought you were duping items.

Edit: Tell him to get Arma II free and then buy the Arrowhead expansion for $20, than he can play DayZ. Also he has to have his own Steam account.

Edited by CerebralZombie
  • Like 1

Obviously, your using the same account (cd key)

• Like 1

And you expected to have what? Two copies while paying for one.

If my lil brudda comes at me with this after I got him combined ops for his birthday, he's getting a smack in a mouth. Have your boy get himself a new copy and then have him delete yours

Edited by Criminal