vendaar

We want different skins back :/ (before 1.60)

this is now whining thread, so stop trolling please.. -.-

The worst you could do with 1.60:

No special skins for bandits??

The game has become an free for all deathmatch..

everyone is shooting at anyone without asking.

joined many servers.. everythings the same.

I am no carebare, i'm bandit but I think the game lost its essence ;/

Playing together and finding teammates is impossible now...

EDIT: Please note: I did not said, all the changes should be redone. Bugfixes and looting skins is great but i think bandits should be more different to survivors.. for example blood textures at their clothes or different looks for every skin for survivors and bandits :/

Dont want this game get more broken by DM-only.. :)

and i'm not the only one.

I haven't met anyone who wants 1.5.8 back.

I love that bandit skins are gone, it makes meeting new players so much more tense, and so much more rewarding when you team up with them.

No we don't, shut up. If you met a complete stranger in the woods, how would you know if they have murdered?

Come on, repeat with me:

This is an Alpha.

This. Is. An. Alpha.

THIS IS AN ALPHA FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Changes are made, things are tried or are being fixed or thought about (this is the case of the humanity system).

But stop wanting a previous build for testing a mod.

EDIT: oh yeah, nice editing (the title was " WE WANT 1.58 BACK" before just in case)

No we don't' date=' shut up. If you met a complete stranger in the woods, how would you know if they have murdered?

[/quote']

thanks for you post.

To give a possible answer to your question:

maybe blood on his hands/clothes, etc?

Come on' date=' repeat with me:

This is an Alpha.

This. Is. An. Alpha.

THIS IS AN ALPHA FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Changes are made, things are tried or are being fixed or thought about (this is the case of the humanity system).

But stop wanting a previous build for testing a mod.

[/quote']

thanks for your answer.

but i think you did not understand me.

I did not wanted an older build, i just suggested something to be different which was presented in the latest patch.

my Thread is no alphawhining.

dont know if you are trolling or not..

thanks for your answer.

but i think you did not understand me.

I did not wanted an older build' date=' i just suggested something to be different which was presented in the latest patch.

my Thread is no alphawhining.

dont know if you are trolling or not..

[/quote']

What a nice troll.

In case you are serious, it is exactly alphawhining.

Like i said, in an alpha, changes are done to see which fits the game better. You can give your opinion about changes but not like that, not by saying "We want that back". Just say your opinion in already existing threads so that dev can see what the majority think.

In all cases, whether we like it or not, our opinion doesn't matter. Rocket already stated that he had his own idea of the mod and wont cave to popular requests if he believe they are uncalled for.

I liked the bandit skins too, but it's way too early to tell what effect the removal has had on the gameplay, if DayZ has completely collapsed in three weeks time, then we can begin talking about adjustments.

In all cases' date=' whether we like it or not, our opinion doesn't matter. Rocket already stated that he had his own idea of the mod and wont cave to popular requests if he believe they are uncalled for.

[/quote']

thx 4 reply.

thats sad.

but sure, i understand it somehow :)

not every stupid meaning can be considered.

NOTE: my thread should be a "YOU-HAVE-TO-CHANGE-WHAT-I-SAY!!11oneoneelfeven"-Thread. I just made a suggestion and stated my opnion.

sorry for bad english

goodnight :)

The deal is that DayZ didn't USED to have bandit skins, they were tried (it IS an Alpha) because many players felt that uncontrolled PVP was a problem. That's why they were there, as a possible solution to a perceived problem. They might have been an improvement but they weren't the perfect solution so now they are removed again. We are back at square one.

Instead of bitching about what's wrong with the system (bandit skins and no bandit skins) why don't people try suggesting something that *hasn't* been tried before instead?

Majority opinion doesn't necessarily matter, but serious discussion definitely does. I have a direct line with tens of thousands of players, that gives me a pretty awesome resource of ideas. Obviously, rolling back an update isn't a good idea. I was nervous about dropping bandits but the data just doesn't support the skin transitions having an effect. I want to see if the data is right, so what would be good to hear is people's experiences and feelings over the next few days. That is really valuable to the development. Incredibly so. There is no dollar value you can put on that.

- Who are you dressed as?

- Serial killer. They look just like ordinary people.

Sorry, never seen the english version.

Regarding the skins there could be a bit more camo versions. I really want the bandana spetsnaz one.

Then teams would want to wear the same type of camo, just like IRL.

I've actually had my most successful and fun random people group up ever today, since 1.6 came out.

It's not all 'shoot on sight' now, though I can see why many people might shift that way.

Good luck out there :)

Majority opinion doesn't necessarily matter' date=' but serious discussion definitely does. I have a direct line with tens of thousands of players, that gives me a pretty awesome resource of ideas. Obviously, rolling back an update isn't a good idea. I was nervous about dropping bandits but the data just doesn't support the skin transitions having an effect. I want to see if the data is right, so what would be good to hear is people's experiences and feelings over the next few days. That is really valuable to the development. Incredibly so. There is no dollar value you can put on that.

[/quote']

rocket, as I'm sure you already are, I've begun tracking the amount of bandits in the game as a percentage of total alive players as well as murders per player.

Please see my post here;

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8297

Personally I want to see you keep bandit skins out of the game, and I'm curious to see how it turns out.

I wish I began recording the data well before the skin change so I would have something to compare it to though.

Bandit skins meant nothing before, it was far too easy to get one for no real reason, and just as easy to lose it again. A pair of bandits with bloodpacks could just heal each other back to survivorhood. At best it was an illusion to comfort carebears, at worst it gave people a license to kill.

How can you tell who has murdered? You can't. Not in real life, not in any system in DayZ. You can perhaps tell if they've killed, but I think making that information is probably more harmful than useful. Besides which, the assumption that the chance I will shoot any given person is the same is false. The noob fresh off the beach with the makarov does not have the same chance of being shot by me as the two guys with fancy military gear, or the asshats refusing to bandage me and waiting for me to bleed to death. Also, if you've shot me in the past I'm far more likely to shoot you than if I've never seen you before.

This is like the EVE Forum. However, this time its the Bandits (gankers/griefers) and not the proper Warfare guys going all "Grab a tissue, carebear"

Im tired of the "SHOOT ON SIGHT" shit. Before the stupid "STEP TWO SHOOT BANDIT" was added to frontpage, people didnt relaly care as much about it, people were more friendly.. Rocket ruined it.

EVE

proper Warfare guys

Ho-ho-ho.

How long have you been playing that steaming heap of fail, exactly?

Clarification: started in 06, took a break after dominion. Tried to get back in several times, pvp just was not the same.

The problem with bandits/survivors isnt the skin. Its, as someone else put it, a dominated strategy to trust someone. You will always win if you shoot first. This leads me to believe that there should be more incentives to grouping with others to help tip the scales.

Something like this knowledge idea put forth would be a good start, but anything to incentivize grouping would be good.

Also more skins would be fantastic. As someone else said, people would actively seek out the same skins like uniforms.

Rockets idea for damaging or destroying loot of people killed would also help. You might just break that awesome gun of his by shooting him. Makes sense for the game, makes sense irl

You will always win if you shoot first.

This leads me to believe that there should be more incentives to grouping with others to help tip the scales.

Grouping is supposed to repel smaller groups, what more incentive do you need?

God damn.

What do you mean repel smaller groups? A group of three keeps away a group of two? Thats definitely not the case as a friend of mine commonly takes on groups of 3 or 4 by himself