omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Your body should disappear after death

'' You are missing out on a HUGE part of DayZ''

You would also miss a ''HUGE'' part of DayZ if you couldent kill people for loot. Would make the game 50% more boring. With noone trying to kill you becuse you have good resources.

EDIT: Let people have opinions.

Edited by xChronicles

That's why I think if you die you should be banned from a server for 24 hours. That gives the whole rest of the world time to loot your corpse and tents.

If you have friend, then yes they can exploit that. (he loots and swaps with you) but it's still better than nothing. And your buddy can only hold oh so much so he would HAVE to leave plenty behind.

That's why I think if you die you should be banned from a server for 24 hours. That gives the whole rest of the world time to loot your corpse and tents.

If you have friend, then yes they can exploit that. (he loots and swaps with you) but it's still better than nothing. And your buddy can only hold oh so much so he would HAVE to leave plenty behind.

War Z lol?

I read both the OR!!'s Clearly you did not read my statement. I covered both of them quite well. Sorry if I went over your head by using chain kills to try to get my point across.

Okay, now explain how with all the gun/gear duping happening, how is it possible for that person to get the exact same gear again? Even if it does happen, it's such a small chance that it's worth overlooking.

Okay, now explain how with all the gun/gear duping happening, how is it possible for that person to get the exact same gear again? Even if it does happen, it's such a small chance that it's worth overlooking.

If you do run into gear dupers, a duped weapon is generally identical to the original, in id and everything, so you could have 1 duped weapon, die, then find another, and not be able to use it because it was duped from the same weapon. If they did a system, it would be a lot of wasted effort making each weapon have its own blacklist specifically and probably just add an id blacklist that cycles every so often. Dont sweat the small stuff. Its an alpha, shit happens. Duping will end eventually. Gear makes the world go round, and chances will increase dramatically of getting the same stuff again when duping does end.

Can someone tell me how A or C are "realistic"?

Since when the hell is DayZ realistic? It's authentic, not realistic.

I see what you did there!

Sorry OP but this is a very bad idea.

Edited by Cysquatch

this is not cod, nor battlefield. when someone dies their body stays there until server restart, or until someone hides it.

I think the other thread where your corpse would turn into a zombie would eliminate this problem. by the time you got to it, it would have moved on its own.

• Like 1

In some regards i agree.

Being able to get fully geared up again after 30mins from Respawn takes away the Perma death experience. Death is merely an annoyance and not a real problem. Being the fucking hero that i am i can say that i have never gone back to claim my other body. But then again, i have no friends to grab the stuff for me either!

Having the body disappear isnt really the answer though, i dont think, as this could penalise someone who shot you and is 'entitled' to loot your body. The idea of equipment getting possibly damaged upon death could be implemented, but if you got shot through the head why would there be a chance your weapon got damaged?

Leave is i say. I prefer to start from scratch as i quite like the experience of starting agin with nothing, but others obviously dont. To each his own.

The best solution, I believe, for the permadeath is to stop players from looting their old tents and bodies and have the tents fade away after a couple of hours. That way its hard to save the gear. Its still a limited solution as a friend can loot your body and give everything back... but many of the bandits i see are these idiots camping with as50's so this would hit those kids hard... horrible aim too haha

Tell me more about how in real life, you can die, then go to where you died, and get your stuff back.

Tell me how in real life, dead people disappear the instant they die.

There's a reason the game isn't absolutely realistic. Because if it was, you'd have one shot and if you died, the game would be over, forever. I honestly doubt anyone would pay 30 dollars for that.

The OP was complaining about people running back to where they died, have you played the recent update? Pretty sure respawn button has been disabled so getting back to where you were isn't going to be as easy as spamming the respawn button.

Oh and by the way, the pathetic two little sentences that you gave as alternatives were obviously just ways to dodge negative criticism. If you really wanted those two ideas as equally as disappearing bodies, you would have dedicated more writing to them.

Edited by Bukethead

Tell me how in real life, dead people disappear the instant they die.

There's a reason the game isn't absolutely realistic. Because if it was, you'd have one shot and if you died, the game would be over, forever. I honestly doubt anyone would pay 30 dollars for that.

The OP was complaining about people running back to where they died, have you played the recent update? Pretty sure respawn button has been disabled so getting back to where you were isn't going to be as easy as spamming the respawn button.

Oh and by the way, the pathetic two little sentences that you gave as alternatives were obviously just ways to dodge negative criticism. If you really wanted those two ideas as equally as disappearing bodies, you would have dedicated more writing to them.

No. Nothing more is needed.

yeah bitches please noobs wtf omG noobs, I am always acting zombie when I die and respawn xuz like in real zombie apocalyPse you become zombie unless brain is damaged.

I would probably stopped playing if I was to be unable to use tents/vehicles/bodies. Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.