deckerr

Stuck at loading screen

Date/Time: August 11 2012

What happened: Game freezes at loading screen when trying to load a server.

Where you were: Joining servers

What you were doing: Nothing

*Current installed version: 1..7.2.4 / 95883

*Server(s) you were on: Dozens of them with different versions and timezones

*Your system specs: Q9550 / 8gb Memory / HD6850 / 120gb SSD - 1TB HDD / Windows 7 64bit

*Timeline of events before/after error: Was playing just two days ago fine. I get artifacts around the military corpses but that is a common bug, and is unrelated I believe. I went to log in today and every server I try stops at the loading screen just after recieving. I'll even get just a split second of game sounds or a glimpse of the UI before the loading screen pops up and that's it.

Ya same here and it just started happening on the 11th and it never happened before. Most of the servers I joined loaded up in less then 5 minutes and now they take so long it gets to the point where I just give up. Everything is working,up to date, good ping on server, and I even have my quality to very low and still nothing. I hope the staff can help us out or hopefully tomorrow it will be back to normal.

Edited by spirit1507

All the servers I used to connect to in a matter of seconds now freeze up on loading screen me and friends can't connect I am running 1.7.2.5 / 95883

It's kind of getting annoying now the fact that when I finally get unbanned I can't even connect to a fucking game?

It's rediculus.

All the servers I used to connect to in a matter of seconds now freeze up on loading screen me and friends can't connect I am running 1.7.2.5 / 95883

It's kind of getting annoying now the fact that when I finally get unbanned I can't even connect to a fucking game?

It's rediculus.

Hey hey hey, what's with the picture? There is only room for 1 sir around here and that's me.

Same here, both my laptop and desktop have this problem. Seems like update error :(

EDIT:

Manual update to version 5 (via torrent on dayzmod.com)

(Search for @Dayz map --> addons, overwrite all files from the map with the files from the torrent)

Download Dayz Commander and filter for versions

Play ! :D

Edited by HaydenNL

It's rediculus.

you got unbanned? They never even replied to my emails, and I had to rebuy and still can't play. Be happy you didn't just waste 60$

Happens all the time.-. Sometimes takes me 15 minutes to get into a game.

yup, same here..haven't been playing for some time now tho..(like 4-5 days) I've been trying to connect to 6-7 servers, and getting stuck on "Loading" or "Waiting for Character to create" =/ kinda lame!

Same here, gonna try HaydenNL tip

Will post if working

Edited by dotzek

I have had similar issues where it appear to be impossible to log into most servers.

What is weird is that I did find a few servers that allowed me to log in, in a matter of seconds, where the loading screen only appeared for about 5 seconds or so.

The server I got in on this evening was a German server v. 1.7.2.4 with beta v. 95417

My DayZ v. is 1.7.2.4 with beta v. 95885.

Windows 7 pro with updates, 64bit, 8GB ram, Radeon 5850 with Catalyst 12.4 drivers.

Download Dayz Commander.. in the top right select version.. update all that is not green..

Got into a server today but got kicked after about 10 seconds. The game said session lost and kicked me out...

Weird thing is that I had half of my gear and was bleeding at a spawn point... Lost my Bizon SD, FAL, etc...

What the fuck...

yup i have the same problem. Using DayZ Commander doesn't seem to fix it.

Same happens to me, after hopping to another server to join up friends Dayz stucks on loading screen after restart it

may work again but sooner or later reboot will fix it for one load, after being stuck on screen it spawns some where on the coast.

Pretty much annoying when it happens.

Trying out to reinstall BattlEye after next buggy spawn to see if updating it before joining any server could solve the issue... still restarting comp and reinstalling solves connection but still spawns on random location

v1.7.2.5

* [NEW] Additional optimizations to login process

:lol:

Edited by Youri

EXACT same problem here. Haven't played for a few days, patched everything up manually, and am now unable to load into any server.

Have you guys tried updating the beta build to 95913? After I patch that up, I don't experience stuck loading since. :D

I've still got the same problem and I'm fully updated through dayzcommander would it make a difference if I had six laughter and dayzcommander both downloaded on my computer because thats what I have. all of this started right after this last update. I also got the problem werer I keep spawning at the coast with all my stuff. If anyone knows how to help my out with this that would awesome because right now dayz is unplayable for me and if you need to know anything to help me out I can post that up too.

How long do you stay in the loading screen? I got in the game after about 7-8 minutes. Not completly stuck but extremly slow....

Same problem, but only since today. yesterday i updated beta to 95913 and today stuck at loading screen.

dont use sixupdater, dayz commander, steam, all manual. rollback will help in every case i suppose at least to 1.7.1.5 / 93965. Still some servers left for this...

How long do you stay in the loading screen? I got in the game after about 7-8 minutes. Not completly stuck but extremly slow....

well after 35 minutes i decided to be stuck ;)

Edited by Perolo