deckerr

Stuck at loading screen

i have a problem related to that one: i am stuck at loading screen on some server (around 40-50%) and when i abort the loading screen and go on another server i respawn at the coast no matter where i was before. It is kind of gamebreaking, cause now i have to write down the servers i can play on... please fix both issues

• Like 1

Hey guys, I had this problem eariler this week, but me and my group found the solution. First open up Six Launcher,

Click Verify

Now Download the 1.7.2.5 Patch manually from the Dayz website, I used the torrent link.

Once downloaded Un RAR files if needed

Open C:

Go to where your Arma II dayz mod is located in the sys files.

mines

-C:Program x-86

-Steam-

-Steamapps-

-Common

-Arma II Operation Arrowhead

@dayz mod

-open folder "addons"

-Copy and Paste new 1.7.2.5 (the ones you just downloaded) files into "addons" folder (Files will look the same)

-Launch Game

-when the main window opens where you can see the single/multi/etc look at the version number (Should be 1.7.2.5)

-Join a 1.7.2.5. server,

-Destroy ZEDS!

Note: you have to manually patch it everytime you close the Six Launcher. When you verify, the Six Launcher rolls it back to 1.7.2.4./ So in turn you have to manually update it to 1.7.2.5.

Edited by sfcmike88
  • Like 4

Hey guys, I had this problem eariler this week, but me and my group found the solution. First open up Six Launcher,

Click Verify

Now Download the 1.7.2.5 Patch manually from the Dayz website, I used the torrent link.

Open C:

mines

-C:Program x-64

-Steam-

-Steamapps-

-Common

-Arma II-

@dayz mod

-open the folder where the files look like the same you downloaded(Forgot what its called)

-Copy and Paste new 1.7.2.5 files into that folder in your C:drive/dayZ mod folder that has the same looking files.

-Launch Game

-when the main window opens where you can see the single/multi/etc look at the version number (Should be 1.7.2.5)

-Join a 1.7.2.5. server,

-Destroy ZEDS!

Note: you have to manually patch it everytime you close the Six Launcher. When you verify, the Six Launcher rolls it back to 1.7.2.4./ So in turn you have to manually update it to 1.7.2.5.

Worked like charm! Have some beans!

Well an even easier solution is to update viz Day Z Commander.

Worked for me, can play on every server now. I seem to be getting spawned on the Beach in Cherno though, with all my gear...

Kind of annoying getting sniped on the beach in Cherno and losing AS50/M4SD...

v1.7.2.5

* [NEW] Additional optimizations to login process

:lol:

lol

Been sat here for about an hour or more trying many servers, all stopping at loading screen :(

Grrr iv been getting this for weeks now. No point in play if i just get reset to spawn all the time:(

Click Verify

Open C:

mines

-Steam-

-Steamapps-

-Common

@dayz mod

-open folder "addons"

-Copy and Paste new 1.7.2.5 (the ones you just downloaded) files into "addons" folder (Files will look the same)

-Launch Game

-Join a 1.7.2.5. server,

-Destroy ZEDS!

Works.

Well an even easier solution is to update viz Day Z Commander.

Worked for me, can play on every server now. I seem to be getting spawned on the Beach in Cherno though, with all my gear...

Kind of annoying getting sniped on the beach in Cherno and losing AS50/M4SD...

It seems you get spawned on the beach if your mod version is different from the server version. Not sure it is doing that.

Click Verify

Open C:

mines

-Steam-

-Steamapps-

-Common

@dayz mod

-open folder "addons"

-Launch Game

-Join a 1.7.2.5. server,

-Destroy ZEDS!

works!

I could'nt join servers since days - after doing like written above it works everytime now. I lost everything in my precious inventory, but can join servers again. Thx, m8!

so time to write something...

setup my server yesterday after ours of hart work i get it finaly working.

server versions:

DayZ: 1.7.2.4

beta: 95883

my versions:

DayZ: 1.7.2.4

beta: 95948

do some restarts of the server and my game to setup and test my new restart and crashscript.

after that... stuck on loading screen and server logs while im on loading screen: "battleye: signature timeout" and "Player ... disconected"

so server is nearly full it can't really ba a serversied problem

tryed to reinstall battleeye on some ways

tryed to downgrade beta to server beta (95883)

tryed to use six updater

tryed the things posted here

nothing worked still exactly the same problem.

btw can join on some other servers. but why should i? i have my own! :)

if someone has an solution help us!!!

greez

Edited by SiSi

Click Verify

Open C:

mines

-Steam-

-Steamapps-

-Common

@dayz mod

-open folder "addons"

-Launch Game

-Join a 1.7.2.5. server,

-Destroy ZEDS!

To much work, this game is a fucking headache this will be the last I play DayZ till the full game comes out. Its good but not that good to have to jump through the hoops everyday just to find out your items are lost to a bug.

Fuck it.

• Like 1

What fixed it for me was DAYZ Commander. Update both you Arma 2 and DAYZ version to the latest one, then filter for server that host the version of Arma 2 that you are running. Then match that with the version of DAYZ that you are running and "voila!" you should have no more stuck at loading screen bugs.

It seems that with this waiting at the loading screen bug, another bug respawns you on the coast if you quit the game previously while stuck on the loading screen. I'm simply not playing until this all gets patched as it seems 60-70% of servers I join are stuck at the loading screen.

EDIT: Turns out the bug with respawning has to do with client/server versions, but still doesn't make the loading screen bug any less annoying

Edited by CombatWombat

Okay. This seems to be the main issues for many people so let's troubleshoot this. Check your mod version on the lower right screen of the DayZ title screen. If your mod is 1.7.2.4 or lower, you will get loading screen if you enter server with mod version higher than your current one because the server is loading codes you do not have and you get stuck. If you are currently on mod version 1.7.2.5 and you enter server with mod version 1.7.2.4 or lower, there is a high chance you will spawn on the beach because the server can't read your current mod's last save location.

If you manually update your mod to 1.7.2.5 but the title screen still says 1.7.2.4, make sure the method of entering the mod isn't effecting the change. For example: If you are using Six Launcher and on the client it says 1.7.2.4, during verfication, it will rollback. Currently, people are recommending DayZ Commander. Please check that client out.

It will also be more helpful if you screenshot or explain the method you are using to enter DayZ (Six Launcher, DayZ Commander, Steam, modified cmd file in ArmA II Operation Arrowhead folder, and etc) and then screenshot the DayZ title screen, the server you are about to enter, and then the issue at hand. More information, the quicker for a fix. :)

All the servers I used to connect to in a matter of seconds now freeze up on loading screen me and friends can't connect I am running 1.7.2.5 / 95883

It's kind of getting annoying now the fact that when I finally get unbanned I can't even connect to a fucking game?

It's rediculus.

Same for me. I was never banned, but this loading thing is annoying.

Okay. This seems to be the main issues for many people so let's troubleshoot this. Check your mod version on the lower right screen of the DayZ title screen. If your mod is 1.7.2.4 or lower, you will get loading screen if you enter server with mod version higher than your current one because the server is loading codes you do not have and you get stuck. If you are currently on mod version 1.7.2.5 and you enter server with mod version 1.7.2.4 or lower, there is a high chance you will spawn on the beach because the server can't read your current mod's last save location.

If you manually update your mod to 1.7.2.5 but the title screen still says 1.7.2.4, make sure the method of entering the mod isn't effecting the change. For example: If you are using Six Launcher and on the client it says 1.7.2.4, during verfication, it will rollback. Currently, people are recommending DayZ Commander. Please check that client out.

It will also be more helpful if you screenshot or explain the method you are using to enter DayZ (Six Launcher, DayZ Commander, Steam, modified cmd file in ArmA II Operation Arrowhead folder, and etc) and then screenshot the DayZ title screen, the server you are about to enter, and then the issue at hand. More information, the quicker for a fix. :)

Loading screen times have nothing to do with DayZ version or the latest Arma beta patch. Servers who don't restart frequently or never restart at all are dog, and should be avoided. The point is, servers who don't restart, get over capacitated with items and gear, means it will take forever for you to load up.

However, respawning at shore by joining 2 different servers with 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 is true.

P.s It doesn't matter if you run game from Steam, Six Launcher or DayZ Commander. You'll still run into servers that are completely dog. Also, if you are too impatient to wait on the loading screens, you will get respawned back at the shore, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Inqharsh

thanks for your post but if servers are not restartet it took a looong time to connect. but its totally different to our problem game freezing.

i see the serverlog on my server and it kick player for battleye signature timeout from server witch let the game freeze in loding screen for ever. the problem have only a view people includes me. other can play without a problem on the server. and i can play on other servers without a problem.

dayz version and beta is the same as on server and battleye also the same and newest.

maybe after some serverrestarts i can connect after another i cant again. server is restarting every 4 hours atm and some extra restarts for settings and conig-testing/changings.

Loading screen times have nothing to do with DayZ version or the latest Arma beta patch. Servers who don't restart frequently or never restart at all are dog, and should be avoided. The point is, servers who don't restart, get over capacitated with items and gear, means it will take forever for you to load up.

However, respawning at shore by joining 2 different servers with 1.7.2.4 and 1.7.2.5 is true.

P.s It doesn't matter if you run game from Steam, Six Launcher or DayZ Commander. You'll still run into servers that are completely dog. Also, if you are too impatient to wait on the loading screens, you will get respawned back at the shore, if you know what I mean.

Hmmm... That is actually pretty weird. I had some people that are having the same trouble and they also thought it was the server hardly restarting. But when I enter that same server, I enter it without issue. When I recommend the same thing to them, they were able to enter it as well. Either the server issue is an isolated incident or the server finally restarted when I test it. Let's see how things goes.

SOLVED!

Its a serverside problem with the -maxmem 2048 command. Serveradmins: remove it and all will be fine!

alter a week of trying everything. i solved it (for me and my server)! seems that some people have problems with the bigger package size. remove the -maxmem 2048 command from server start parameters and set it in the arma2.cfg back to 1400 and your server will be run fine. way less battleye client not responding kicks and the signature check timed out is completly gone.

if u are not the admin of the server try to contact him. link him this threat. if they have questions contact me.

have fun with Dayz again!

• Like 1

Dear Rocket,

I bought Arma 2, like maaany other, to PLAY DayZ.

Although the mod is in the Alpha, It should be possible to release a version, to run the server properly.

I cannot play DayZ for a week now.

Time for an update!

Royal Flush

BTW: I can join server sometimes when ich reinstall the mod manually ;)

Edited by Royal Flush

SOLVED!

Its a serverside problem with the -maxmem 2048 command. Serveradmins: remove it and all will be fine!

alter a week of trying everything. i solved it (for me and my server)! seems that some people have problems with the bigger package size. remove the -maxmem 2048 command from server start parameters and set it in the arma2.cfg back to 1400 and your server will be run fine. way less battleye client not responding kicks and the signature check timed out is completly gone.

if u are not the admin of the server try to contact him. link him this threat. if they have questions contact me.

have fun with Dayz again!

thanks for finding a solution hopefully it works but right now i havent been able to join any server yet and i dont know any host but thanks anyways, thinks its really bad for rocket not to take this problem in hand because it can be pretty serious in matter of speaking if he now as he have said decided to create a totall game. thanks anyways bro for helping, hopefully the other host will see your post instead of just saying that people have installed it wrong or wrong update which it obviously not is.

I have encountered a whole new bug, hopefully no one else has to share in my dissapointment. Everytime I join a server I get through the loading screen perfectly fine, but when it gets to the "Setup Complete, Please wait....." screen, the game just stays there and won't let me join in. I have been playing Day Z perfectly fine for over a month and nothing has ever happened until now. I can join private hive servers fine for the most part but I am unable to join normal servers and play with friends. I hope this is just a minor bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch. However if anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.