TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

Oh look it's you again OP, making another thread about how shitty and horrible Rocket and CO are, glad to see you put some thought into this one.

And you state you know its an alpha but yet you complain, can you not comprehend what one is and yes I will fucking use its an alpha as that's what it IS, but people like you can't grasp that very simple concept.

• Like 1

Its an alpha. Learn what an alpha is.

Being an alpha mod doesn't constitute the fact that it's OK for patches to be of sub-par quality and make things worse for some individuals.

Being an alpha mod doesn't constitute the fact that it's OK for patches to be of sub-par quality and make things worse for some individuals.

Yes it does. Its an alpha. You obviously dont understand what that means.

Edit: especially when the patch was rushed, because people kept whining about it.

Edited by Carebear Baddie
  • Like 2

So wait, you are freely TESTING an alpha state game, and you found out that a patch doesn't fix what it was intended to fix? why aren't you reporting the issues instead of whining about them here... seems like you just want to play a finished game, so come back in a year or two when everything is pollished and done for ... sorry but you can say you know it's alpha a 1000x but if your post doesn't show you actually knowing what it means, perhaps it's better to come back at a later moment in time ...

so just to not make you all sad, and to not make everybody reading this thread pull the hairs out of his/her head:

YummyPancakePlushbr12inch_large_image1_12694.jpg

Edited by L0G!N

Fun fact: the word "alpha" has now been used 26 times in this thread.

Edited by XOLiD
  • Like 2

I know it's an alpha

Ah, perfect. My rule holds true. Anyone who starts their thread with "I know it's Alpha" is absolutely 100%, without question, guaranteed to spend the rest of their post demonstrating all the ways in which they actually have no fucking idea what Alpha actually means.

Thanks, TheMachine, for adding further weight to my theory that anyone who uses this phrase is ignorant of the true meaning of Alpha.

Sorry it had to come at the expense of your dignity and integrity.

I've seen you make one or two respectable posts, but most are drivel and tripe, this most of all.

I won't put you on ignore, but I'll certainly watch for more asinine bullshit to come pouring out of that foul chute you call a mouth sometime soon.

• Like 11

And again, its a free mod, that is developed for free, on someones personal time, and not only is rocket working on this with others, but also now his standalone. Still havent understood this self entitlement on the forums...

• Like 6

Totally agree and I'm pretty frustrated with the last 2 patches myself but I try to be understanding. It's a small mod team with a small amount of testers, there's no way to predict how an update will go for a million people. Perhaps a solution would be to release patches to something like 20 servers not connected to the main hive and letting players test the patch for a weekend before trying it out on the whole system?

Can we get one competent coder on the DayZ dev team or at least one person who tests patches before they're released?

Seriously, I'll do it myself, it'll take me 1 hour max to walk around and see if dead military zombies or barb wire is still causing glitches.

I'm up for it.

Does the 'dayz forum team' do anything except post sarcastic remarks on threads that criticise rocket?

Get your head out of your ass. Do you know the first thing about how game/mod development goes?

They test their patches. Things get through. Rocket is one guy, there may be more that help him but it is almost solely him for this mod.

Seriously, I'll do it myself, it'll take me 1 hour max to walk around and see if dead military zombies or barb wire is still causing glitches.

That would not happen and you know it. They do test these things. They have reasons for fixing certain things and not others. There is a reason for everything in this mod.

I sincerely hope you are not serious with this thread and all your posts in this thread… if so you are just sad. I don't know how anyone could seriously be so impossible and plain stupid.

Edited by CaptainIcy

If you're an experienced programmer then you'd know that when introducing a patch, first you test it to see if there are any game breaking/major problems with it.

We are testing it though.

Can we get one competent coder on the DayZ dev team or at least one person who tests patches before they're released?

I'm up for it.

Does the 'dayz forum team' do anything except post sarcastic remarks on threads that criticise rocket?

This guy has the right idea, all competent devs have a vast assortment of hardware that they are able to use for personal testing at their leisure. How dare they even consider having us test a patch.

You'd think this game was in Alpha or something

Hang on, I still don't think I'm doing this right...

• Like 4

Actually that's exactly what being an Alpha fucking means. What else would it mean?

That's basically the fucking definition. Holy motherfuck.

• Like 5

And again, its a free mod, that is developed for free, on someones personal time, and not only is rocket working on this with others, but also now his standalone. Still havent understood this self entitlement on the forums...

Completely, 100% agree. It's the Internet, though. There are thousands of people like that.

This should answer why the mod is like this at the moment...

The mod is running on ArmA 2 with the ArmA 2 engine, it's using most of that games props, code and scripting capabilities to make the mod, soon it will go stand alone on the Real Virtuality 4 engine which is running ArmA 3. Most bugs will be fixed on that and if there are any problems, Rocket will be able to fix them on the fly. Scripting is an issue with the engines trust, it trusts the client as much as the server therefore the player can pretty much do anything they want or can think of in DayZ.

I can't stress anymore how the mod is restricted to the capabilities of Real Virtuality 3 the engine running ArmA 2, many problems will be fixed and many more new features, mechanics, equipment and other assorted items + new AI will be added in the game when it becomes standalone with the ArmA 3 engine. There's so much more later on. I bet content will increase ten fold when it becomes stand alone and server administrators will have a little more freedom and tools to help prevent cheating and exploiting (if there is any exploiting up until then).

I hope Rocket keeps the state of mind that he can keep on testing new things while it's and beta and not be worried about negative opinions, more or less he wants feedback but not so much the feedback that isn't helping or stating something serious/game or mod breaking. Oh, I didn't mention the standalone will be developed by Rocket with BI Studios. :)

Hope this summed it all up, Venzire.

Edited by Venzire

I'm up for it.

Maybe.

• Like 2

Yes it does. Its an alpha. You obviously dont understand what that means.

Edit: especially when the patch was rushed, because people kept whining about it.

Sigh. You keep coming back to your little argument, 'you don't know what alpha means. When World of Warcraft first came to it's alpha stages, you know what happened? The dev team made changes and patches to the game that made it more stable, more balanced. If a patch was sub-par and not obviously ready for the alpha testers, they would go back to the drawing board and fix what had to be done. You obviously don't understand a thing about initiative and desire for a mod/patch to be fully ready to be played, bug free.it doesn't matter if the devs don't get paid for what they do, they chose to do it anyways, and were aware they weren't going to be paid. Sure they may not put in as much effort as a dev who would be paid for their efforts, but they obviously want to be proud of their work. As do i.

Obviously this could have saved a lot of trouble if the devs hadn't caved into the demands of their massive player base.

Fun fact: the word "alpha" has now been used 26 times in this thread.

If we keep it up, this can be a drinking game. In an alpha.

Sigh. You keep coming back to your little argument, 'you don't know what alpha means. When World of Warcraft first came to it's alpha stages, you know what happened? The dev team made changes and patches to the game that made it more stable, more balanced. If a patch was sub-par and not obviously ready for the alpha testers, they would go back to the drawing board and fix what had to be done. You obviously don't understand a thing about initiative and desire for a mod/patch to be fully ready to be played, bug free.it doesn't matter if the devs don't get paid for what they do, they chose to do it anyways, and were aware they weren't going to be paid. Sure they may not put in as much effort as a dev who would be paid for their efforts, but they obviously want to be proud of their work. As do i.

Obviously this could have saved a lot of trouble if the devs hadn't caved into the demands of their massive player base.

And the team was paid and not doing it on their own time, while holding another job.

• Like 3

And the team was paid and not doing it on their own time, while holding another job.

I'm not upset about how the patch went, okay maybe a little. But i am eager for everything to be fixed so i can play again. Patiently waiting here :)

^This.

For the sake of the drinking game: Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha

You're welcome.

I think you're right about your message that currently, progress isn't made that fast. I think there are some flaws in your logic though:

1) We don't know what Rocket currently does, how much of his time is spend on the standalone vs the mod itself. So it may be there is actual progress made, just not regarding our mod.

2) We know Rocket will lead the whole standalone thing and won't have to work alone anymore (thats what it sounds like) so this should make us somewhat optimistic regarding the future.

3) Rocket can't work on the engine level(?) concerning the mod, so fixing things here is likely much harder.

4) No one knows what Rockets plans on the mod really are, will he use it to test new features for the standalone or use it to fix bugs in a mod that will later be obselete anyway.

Your message is correct, Rocket should work on improving some of the basic things first. But is it really necessary to make that same statement every day? I'm sure its been heard and repeating it over and over again won't change a thing if he doesn't even have in mind to fix some of the things.

If I were Rocket I wouldn't care about the whole hacker stuff, I wouldn't care about some strange glitches (as long as enough people can play) if I knew the standalone version that can solve these bugs far easier is on the way.

Edited by DieBrotmafia

> The dev team made changes and patches to the game that made it more stable, more balanced. If a patch was sub-par and not obviously ready for the alpha testers, they would go back to the drawing board and fix what had to be done.

> The dev team made changes and patches to the game that made it more stable, more balanced.

> The dev team made changes and patches

> The dev team

> team

Surely you see the fallacy of your logic?

• Like 2

^This.

For the sake of the drinking game: Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha

You're welcome.

Someone drive me to the store, I need to make a Booze run