TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

no one forced you to update it says in the patch topic that it won't be on six launcher till rockets satisfied so if you downloaded it manually or through dayz commander its your issue. next time use the search or just read the title of other goddamn threads on the first page.

It seems like different people have different issues, which might arise from all the different patch/version combinations that are possible. The standalone will most likely fix a lot of that.

What do you think we're doing?

Testing. Totally.

But on the other hand I could squat on the floor and crap out a better patch then this and tell all of you to "test it" for me.

Testing. Totally.

But on the other hand I could squat on the floor and crap out a better patch then this and tell all of you to "test it" for me.

I'm sitting at my computer eagerly awaiting your patch to be released.

Testing. Totally.

Put your money where your mouth is. You have 8 hours, deliver to the forum when you are done.

They can do whatever the fuck they want. Rocket was an officer in the army he doesn't need to take orders from any stranger on the internet.

• Like 2

I agree with OP. 99% of the rest of you are simply spoiled brats and/or rocket fanboys.

OP is right... this was never even tested, not even for 2 seconds. Reminding me of another Notch here... The mod is done and dusted, and standalone has started. Fix the mod and stop adding more dumb shit to it.

~Sol

• Like 1

Can we get one competent coder on the DayZ dev team or at least one person who tests patches before they're released?

Seriously, I'll do it myself, it'll take me 1 hour max to walk around and see if dead military zombies or barb wire is still causing glitches.

I'm up for it.

Does the 'dayz forum team' do anything except post sarcastic remarks on threads that criticise rocket?

Well, they also at least close admitted hacker threa- o wait

I agree with OP. 99% of the rest of you are simply spoiled brats and/or rocket fanboys.

OP is right... this was never even tested, not even for 2 seconds. Reminding me of another Notch here... The mod is done and dusted, and standalone has started. Fix the mod and stop adding more dumb shit to it.

~Sol

Yay, more people who dont know what an alpha is, so I can keep writing the word aplha.

Its an alpha. Learn what an alpha is.

Yeah, the usual 'its alpha replies', which I'm sure we'll hear when the standalone is released.

Why even roll out a patch that isn't tested in the slightest?

I'd bet money he adds dogs into the game before fixing the graphical glitches, wait and see.

He's trolling us.

What don't you get about the Alpha process?

WE as players are the testers for these patches.. If you'd pay attention rocket himself asks in the posts how to Hotfixes worked. We test them so he will know what needs to be redone...

Since everyone seems to love stating the obvious...

An alpha is a stage where the game is still being actively developed and changed and likely has unoptimized code and serious bugs. Sounds about right...

A hotfix is a patch that's supposed to fix an issue. Hey, wait a minute...

If only Rocket had enough semen to feed all the braindead fangirls in this thread.

Yeah, the usual 'its alpha replies', which I'm sure we'll hear when the standalone is released.

I'd bet money he adds dogs into the game before fixing the graphical glitches, wait and see.

He's trolling us.

Last I checked the patch hasn't been officially released? And the reason it hasn't been officially released is because testing (ours...we are in alpha testing after all) has shown that the issues that it was supposed to address have not been entirely resolved.

I mean...you're blaming him for releasing a patch, which has been stated not to be an official patch yet, in order to test to see if things were fixed was not properly tested. Do you not see how absolutely idiotic that sounds?

Lets also not forget you complaining about things not being fixed in a patch in which they weren't listed as fixed in...

I'd say haters gonna hate...but in this case its more of a case of Idiots are gonna post idiotic crap which doesn't even make any god damn sense when looked at for 5 god damn seconds.

Can we get either a monkey or double Picard face palm up in here? I'm tired.

You know . ermmm .. you can just well . avoid these threads? Brilliant idea eh?

Edited by Batuhan87

Can we get one competent coder on the DayZ dev team or at least one person who tests patches before they're released?

Seriously, I'll do it myself, it'll take me 1 hour max to walk around and see if dead military zombies or barb wire is still causing glitches.

I'm up for it.

Does the 'dayz forum team' do anything except post sarcastic remarks on threads that criticise rocket?

So, all the alpha talk, I know... you don't want to hear it.

Here is the point... Alpha means WE ARE THE TESTERS. That's the whole point! They patch and -we test-. That is what 'alpha testing' is.

We. are. all. the. testers.

If you're an experienced programmer then you'd know that when introducing a patch, first you test it to see if there are any game breaking/major problems with it.

Pay/lack of team members does not excuse a chitty patch.

late but stable patch >>>> early release of a unstable patch

Hey smart guy, what do you think an ALPHA test is? DEVELOPMENT TESTING. We are the testers, you retarded asshole. I'm sure his changes worked for HIM and the computers he tested on.

All of you whiny bastards need to shut up. If you can't handle testing a game, and waiting weeks or months for fixes, go away and play a completed game. It's that simple. Jesus Christ. All of you feel so entitled as if you're someone special, or know something more profound than the rest of us. You're some ungrateful little brats. I'm going to presume most of you are 12 and have no idea what an ALPHA test is. This is an unfunded small team of developers, they don't have all the computers in the world to test the many many many different configurations out there. They have no idea it's broken for you, until your dumb ass plays it and says something. If you were mature enough to report a bug properly, instead of whining like little girls, perhaps they'd get fixed faster. No one wants to read through endless posts of cry baby rants to find one key bit of information.

Bugs or not, this game is awesome, and I look forward to playing it for sometime. Fixing bugs, specifically in game design, is not an easy task. You rushing him to fix shit by TOMORROW or NEXT WEEK is unrealistic, as it may take him that long to find the culprit code, and then that long to even come up with a fix. If you're all so bad ass and have so many great ideas and think you can write bug free code, go pick up a programming language and get to work. Otherwise, act mature, post positively and properly, and help the game get made. YOU ARE AN ALPHA TESTER, NOT AN ENTITLED CUSTOMER. Grow up.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Well get over it, its Alpha.

Someone really needs to make a short youtube video we can all just link to when 'It's just an Alpha' requires saying.

Just a scene where one guy is raging on the DayZ forums at home in a swivel chair, and Rocket just walks in, puts his hand on the guy's shoulder, turns him away from the screen and says: "Forget it, dude. It's an Alpha", and they just walk out. Cut to a wide exterior shot of Elektro from the game, and you hear two shots. In the corner of the screen it says 'Raging Internet Guy was killed' and 'Rocket disconnected'

• Like 1

He's trolling us.

Are you really this stupid? I think YOU are the one trolling, sir.

However, in case you aren't, here's what I want to respond to: "Why even roll out a patch that isn't tested in the slightest?"

Um, excuse me? This is an alpha; ALPHA IS FOR TESTING YOU UNEVOLVED CHIMP.

Ok, now that I got that out of the way, here's my evolved response:

Alpha is for testing. This means that patches will be rolled out so that things CAN be tested. Not everything can be tested in-house. Not every setup/ operating system/ whatever can be tested by Rocket and his team.

I could totally understand your point if this game was actually in release. In a release game, you need to have a test version and a release version. The test version is where you roll out patches so that people who want to test the newest stuff can help you, and then when everything is fixed you can roll it out to the release version. It would be ridiculously redundant to have a test version for the testing stage of a game. Get it now?

Edited by LameSaint
  • Like 3

I sincerely hope this is a troll post. If not then GTFO now. Don't make any remarks about the it's alpha replies. Because that's the truth, IT IS AN ALPHA. Do you understand why most companies only have closed betas? Because most of the time even THEY have ridiculous amounts of bugs.

Alphas are used as a form of rapid prototyping. Most of the systems are jury rigged in an effort to see how things play out. That is why we get such random gameplay changes, because doing this stuff in a beta, while bug testing would result in the product never going gold.

Beta test's are usually used to root out bugs and quash them underfoot. The recent trend in the industry of releasing an almost complete game with minor bugs as a "beta" is nothing more than a publicity stunt to generate hype. Essentially you are not truely in a beta.

So if your complaining about stability degrading in an ALPHA whether it is standalone or mod, then quite frankly... You are doing it WRONG. You are allowed to post your feedback, but if your feedback amounts to any derivation of "WTF U DO ROCKET TEH GAME SUXORS" then kindly click the X button at the top right of your screen and go outside or something for a few hours to calm down.

/vent

Now the fact that the standalone has been announced will probably mean the loss of continued development of this mod. This is true. But the way I see it that probably won't be for a while, since they will have to code the mechanics and systems again for the new engine. As well as any elements that were taken from ARMA 2. And while I imagine that the team has started by now on this it will still take time for them to achieve this point of "completion again". In the mean time they will probably devote a few hours here and there to creating new mechanics and testing how they work on the mod, then importing them to the standalone.

I've said my piece now. Barring any profound questions I return you to your thread.

Remember. Three choices.

Endure, enjoy, walk.

Good day, sir.

in Dayz I do all three.... although i do walk the most... alot of walking.... damn lot

Being an alpha mod doesn't constitute the fact that it's OK for patches to be of sub-par quality and make things worse for some individuals.

For some individuals. That means this patch/hotfix also has the potential to make things better for others which, in case you forgot, is a good thing. Just because it might not have been you that it helped doesn't mean the patch was a.) not tested in the slightest, b.) sub-par or c.) not worth releasing to anyone.

Edited by Hotdog
  • Like 2

Testing. Totally.

Looks like we have a new bill gates!!!