TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

Sigh. You keep coming back to your little argument, 'you don't know what alpha means. When World of Warcraft first came to it's alpha stages, you know what happened? The dev team made changes and patches to the game that made it more stable, more balanced. If a patch was sub-par and not obviously ready for the alpha testers, they would go back to the drawing board and fix what had to be done. You obviously don't understand a thing about initiative and desire for a mod/patch to be fully ready to be played, bug free.it doesn't matter if the devs don't get paid for what they do, they chose to do it anyways, and were aware they weren't going to be paid. Sure they may not put in as much effort as a dev who would be paid for their efforts, but they obviously want to be proud of their work. As do i.

Obviously this could have saved a lot of trouble if the devs hadn't caved into the demands of their massive player base.

I am sorry but comparing the alpha stage of WoW to DayZ's - a mod btw. is nicely put just far fetched. WoW was a huge project with a large financial backing and the devs who were working on it were also getting paid unlike the DayZ staff.

So, again this is alpha. And if you can't take it then come back when it's final. You'll have more fun.

• Like 1

Apparently alpha testing has gone from - Finding bugs - fixing those bugs - checking they're fixed and releasing a patch to

Finding bugs - making them worse - not checking how much worse they are and THEN AND ONLY THEN to releasing the patch.

A new direction for game development - backwards.

Surely you see the fallacy of your logic?

Rocket took us this far. Turned it into a great mod. All he needed was more time, to polish this patch. But he caved into the demands of the player base

Rocket took us this far. Turned it into a great mod. All he needed was more time, to polish this patch. But he caved into the demands of the player base

Go back to the last patch, then. 1.7.2.5 is just optional, most servers run 1.7.2.4 anyway.

Apparently alpha testing has gone from - Finding bugs - fixing those bugs - checking they're fixed and releasing a patch to

Finding bugs - making them worse - not checking how much worse they are and THEN AND ONLY THEN to releasing the patch.

A new direction for game development - backwards.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea what alpha means.

• Like 1

Rocket didn't allow it for SU to update this to all the users 'cause isn't finished. You did it manually under the known risks of it..

And all the people that downloaded it are testing it to get all the issues get sorted out... If I remember correctly, there was a way to run both versions, rollback!

tl;dr: patience is a virtue

• Like 1

Rocket didn't allow it for SU to update this to all the users 'cause isn't finished. You did it manually under the known risks of it..

And all the people that downloaded it are testing it to get all the issues get sorted out... If I remember correctly, there was a way to run both versions, rollback!

tl;dr: patience is a virtue

Me personally i had no idea there was a new patch available until my friend said it was, so we both downloaded it. Little did i know i'd be here discussing these things instead of playing dayz

-_-

Me personally i had no idea there was a new patch available until my friend said it was, so we both downloaded it. Little did i know i'd be here discussing these things instead of playing dayz

-_-

You need to come more often ;)

-_-

Well if you wanna test out an alpha then you should stay updated.

Well if you wanna test out an alpha then you should stay updated.

Or at least read up to the second sentence on the thread that announced the patch

SixUpdater will only host the update once we have confirmed we are satisfied with the update

Okay i got it. Lol. Admins/Devs, do we have an ETA yet of when the major issues regarding this patch will be fixed? More notable the coastal spawning, among other minor things. I understand that it is still being worked upon.

Or at least read up to the second sentence on the thread that announced the patch

Yea that's what I meant.

You should read what effects the new patch has on your game before installing it and then cry about it.

• Like 1

I know it's an alpha, lets get that out of the way first so that canned reply is spewed out of some idiots gullet.

But come on, first the patch is 2 weeks late, then it's broken as hell.

Every single patch thus far has made issues worse and not done anything to fix previous bugs.

And this one is no different.

The graphical glitches are still there (and worse).

Login times are far far worse... that's if you can login at all and don't get stuck on the loading screen forever.

Bear traps still aren't fixed since the last patch?

I spawned invisible with a thermal scoped gun in my backpack, the hell?

I suicided to get rid of it, since I like to play fair.

Just the graphical glitches alone are game breaking, why wasn't this fixed?

Why was it listed as fixed if it wasn't?

Was ANY testing done on the patch, or was some code just splurged into the editor then the patch fired out?

I hope the 'team' rocket is overseeing on the development of the standalone are more competent at coding and he's just giving them ideas, since he seems to have sort of the right ones for this game.

You said it yourself, alpha is alpha. There's nothing more to it.

Many issues are inherent in the ARMA 2 engine as well. You can expect it to get a lot better now that Day-Z is going stand-alone.

Okay i got it. Lol. Admins/Devs, do we have an ETA yet of when the major issues regarding this patch will be fixed? More notable the coastal spawning, among other minor things. I understand that it is still being worked upon.

You don't seem to understand what it takes to fix software. You can't put an ETA on it.

Just get used to spawning on the coast. Imagine that it is their way to prevent server hopping and ghosting.

Not for the mod. The game is a seperate project.

so what you are sayin is they have NEW people working on the mod now? pretty sure its still rocket -_-

so what you are sayin is they have NEW people working on the mod now? pretty sure its still rocket -_-

Of course it is rocket. He is the lead designer and will work with a real team on the the game whereas the mod was just his baby. But they are still seperate projects. They are starting from scratch.

Yeah, the usual 'its alpha replies', which I'm sure we'll hear when the standalone is released.

Why even roll out a patch that isn't tested in the slightest?

I'd bet money he adds dogs into the game before fixing the graphical glitches, wait and see.

He's trolling us.

What do you think we're doing?

Edited by deathrowxi15