KField86

Stuck at loading? Try this.

Ok, people. Most of you who are stuck at loading are updating their game via six launcher or DayZ commander. This is not the right way to go about it as the new patch/beta hasn't even been seeded to Six Launcher yet by rocket & crew. So here is what you need to do.

First thing you want to do, is actually run six launcher. Let it update and verify. Once it is finished and you're at the point where you can select a server and join, manually apply the files into your @DayZ/Addons folder for the 1.7.2.5 patch. Copy & Overwrite everything. Once that is finished, download the 95883 beta and install those files. Now, next step is important. Goto battleye's website and download the latest BEClient.DLL file. Once that is finished, place that DLL file in the steamapps/common/arma 2 oa/expansion/battleye folder. Overwrite the file here. Do this same thing in your USER/APPDATA(This is a hidden folder, so you're going to need to make sure you're not hiding any files/folders) folder. You will find a battleye folder there as well. Overwrite the file inside with the beclient.dll you just downloaded.

Now, go back to sixlauncher, find a server and try connecting. Come back and tell me if you're still stuck on loading.

Me and my squad (7 guys) all just went through this process exactly, and not a single one of us is experiencing the stuck at loading that everyone is experiencing. We're getting into multiple 1.7.2.5/95883 servers, including our own, very quickly. If not quicker than before. By doing this, you're overwriting what six-launching is updating with the PROPER files. This should fix the problem for you. From that point on, I'd recommend launching thru steam or using dayz commander and avoiding any updating.

Feel free to test this out on my server running 1.7.2.5/95883 if you'd like. US 1313.

Also, here's another link to a thread with the same exact instructions as me, although maybe it's broken down a bit better lol. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68463-attention-fix-for-six-launcher-users-regarding-new-patch/#entry659564

Edited by KField86
  • Like 8

Do i need to patch to 1.7.2.5? or can i stay with 1.7.2.4?

Edit* oh and when this will solve the problem ill kiss your feet.

Edited by GuS Mr.Miyagi

can you be a little more specific please for us old timers who have not messed with files since the days of windiws 95? You said to manually apply the files into my @Dayz/Addon folder for the 1.7.2.5 patch. Do i need to find those files from six launcher?

• Like 1

can you be a little more specific please for us old timers who have not messed with files since the days of windiws 95? You said to manually apply the files into my @Dayz/Addon folder for the 1.7.2.5 patch. Do i need to find those files from six launcher?

No. Arma II Beta is found here... http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

DayZ 1.7.2.5 is here:

http://dayzmod.com/f...rolling-update/

Of course you'll need a bit-torrent program to grab that .rar file of the new build. I recommend bit-comet or u-torrent. There are other links scattered around the forums as well, if you look for them.

Basically I'm saying, update as you normally would through six-launcher first. Then install these files you download, as to overwrite the wrong files six-launcher has installed, with the CORRECT ones that the servers are running. This is, to my knowledge, why people are getting hung up in the loading screens. Six launcher is not hosting the new files because 1.7.2.5 hasn't been seeded to it yet since the development team are still unsure of it's "worthyness" so to speak. Overwrite the files with six launcher runnning and all set to "launch" into a game. When you join a server it should connect you and you should have no trouble joining it.

Also, to the person asking if he can stay with 1.7.2.4. I'm unsure myself as I haven't rolled back. This is more for people who are trying to play the latest version of DayZ. More and more servers are updating now as well. I believe the reason Rocket has not given six launcher the go ahead to host the latest files is because the graphical issue is still present in the latest build, unfortunately. Although people are saying the flush command is working now.

Edited by KField86

I myself after trying this. Am still stuck at loading. I have rinse and repeated the whole process twice over now and still came up with the same results.

It could be just me. Dunno not trying to downplay the OPs suggestion.

But i'm still stuck at the loading bar with loading below it.

I myself after trying this. Am still stuck at loading. I have rinse and repeated the whole process twice over now and still came up with the same results.

It could be just me. Dunno not trying to downplay the OPs suggestion.

But i'm still stuck at the loading bar with loading below it.

You tried updating the beclient.dll right? I truly don't know why people are experiencing this problem. Like I said, me and my squad all updated this way after originally suffering from loading problems, and we all got into my server that's running 95883 and 1.7.2.5 within 30 seconds of launching. Sorry it didn't work for you. To be honest I truly think this is a six launcher related issue. Try cutting it out of the picture completely if you haven't, and just manually update and launch through steam if you haven't.

Edit: Still getting in quickly every time. It's a lower population server so that may be a reason for it. Try my server if you haven't. Otherwise I'm really stumped.

Edited by KField86

Thanks alot man, me and my buds got it working. I joined your server and seem to have spawned on the coast. Also, it seems that the latest arma patch changed the default player model around.

at the step where i cant find the user/appdata file. do you know where i find it at please and thaks again?

Hey THANKS ALOT!!! works great. i couldnt ever find the user/app folder to replace the battleye file but it works great anyway. loaded fast into your server and i like the performance of this server. I think this my new home server. im gonna hide a tent or two lol.

Crunchy, just incase you do need it, make sure you have your hidden folders set to show. Go into a folder, press "alt" and click on tools, click on folder options and then click on the "view" tab. Just look for something about hidden files and click show all. Then go to C:/Users/<your name>/appdata

So correct me if I'm wrong but if I just wait for Six Launcher to push out the correct files the new patch will work without going through your process?

Right now I'm manually patching 95417 "over" the files that Six Launcher verifies..... and then launching the game.

would be great if the fucking prog he tells people to use was updated with the current fucking file

Attempting for the last two hours to get into a goddamn server, 45 min after this attempted manual patch

Edited by Dirty Old Coot

would be great if the fucking prog he tells people to use was updated with the current fucking file

Attempting for the last two hours to get into a goddamn server, 45 min after this attempted manual patch

Exactly. He tells everyone to run via six launcher, but six launcher hasn't pushed the right patch. The problem people are having is that they are manually updating and then running six launcher which is rolling their files back to the previous version. Glad I could help some of you guys. CrunchyBacon, glad you like the server. Feel free to stay a while.

Although, my server is being transferred to NY right now. It was originally in Jacksonville, FL.. but I wanted it in NY because I think we'll get more of a local player-base that way. A lot of people tend to like NY servers. I also happen to live in NY as well, and I have people in my squad overseas in London & Sweden, so this will help them as well.

Ok, people. Most of you who are stuck at loading are updating their game via six launcher or DayZ commander. This is not the right way to go about it as the new patch/beta hasn't even been seeded to Six Launcher yet by rocket & crew. So here is what you need to do.

First thing you want to do, is actually run six launcher. Let it update and verify. Once it is finished and you're at the point where you can select a server and join, manually apply the files into your @DayZ/Addons folder for the 1.7.2.5 patch. Copy & Overwrite everything. Once that is finished, download the 95883 beta and install those files. Now, next step is important. Goto battleye's website and download the latest BEClient.DLL file. Once that is finished, place that DLL file in the steamapps/common/arma 2 oa/expansion/battleye folder. Overwrite the file here. Do this same thing in your USER/APPDATA(This is a hidden folder, so you're going to need to make sure you're not hiding any files/folders) folder. You will find a battleye folder there as well. Overwrite the file inside with the beclient.dll you just downloaded.

Now, go back to sixlauncher, find a server and try connecting. Come back and tell me if you're still stuck on loading.

Me and my squad (7 guys) all just went through this process exactly, and not a single one of us is experiencing the stuck at loading that everyone is experiencing. We're getting into multiple 1.7.2.5/95883 servers, including our own, very quickly. If not quicker than before. By doing this, you're overwriting what six-launching is updating with the PROPER files. This should fix the problem for you. From that point on, I'd recommend launching thru steam or using dayz commander and avoiding any updating.

Feel free to test this out on my server running 1.7.2.5/95883 if you'd like. US 1313.

Also, here's another link to a thread with the same exact instructions as me, although maybe it's broken down a bit better lol. http://dayzmod.com/f...ch/#entry659564

i did this and i still get stuck at the loading screen

i was stuck at loading screen too when using sixlauncher but sixlauncher said my game was updated :/

to fix it i downloaded dayzcommander and it said my version was 1.7.2.4 so i updated the 95mb and it now works, unfortunatly i spawned at the coast from berezino but atleast its working :)

ok please clue me in on dayzcommander, was loading through steam libary, but then followed a tutorial to fix another problem which has now got me launching from a short cut on the desktop to the arma 2 beta patch exe, I did have the worm dayz updater but that gave me the shits, couldn't work out what to do with sixlauncher so now I just update the beta from the arma 2 site and the day z update from the dayz site so love this game but hate it too for all the hassle but yep it is an alpha so I'll shut up , can't wait for the full game, Go Rocket !!