gstyle1988@gmail.com

Respawn at the beach and gear loss

Ugh, 7 pages that I can't be bothered reading.

I am *fairly* certain this is related to one of the Beta patches.

same proble two or three times but always was so funny to scravenge stuff while starving or nighttime without flashlight! that was surviving!

I got the same bug yesterday but a little bit different.

I died and try to start new game. I came back with all my gear at the same point I died before. So I thought its a bug or something like this. So I keep playing. After a break I reloged and spawned at the beach with nothing exepting my Guilie.

I walked to the next City and let me slaying by some zombies, after that I start a new game and anything works normal.

I had this problem 3 times in the past week....

On lots of different servers

This bug is still happening to me too,had the exact same experience as the OP

Same as everyone else. This bug should be right at the top of the list of "Things that need fixed A.S.A.P"

This time I played as a squirrel and started storing my stuff in a 2 seater truck that has 50 slots for gear. If my gear is gone out of the truck the game will be nuked off my harddrive for good.

Played for 2 months and had no problems till the last couple of patches. Graphics fucking up and now this "Insta death" shit.

• Like 3

Just had this issue now, spawned in the middle of nowhere with like 12 people around me, but none were moving, they were like mannequins although some moved theyre heads, kinda freaky! Left the server and joined another to find myself at the beach in elek with 0 gear, no flashlight backpack or anything.

Confirming this. Tried to login near the big rock at Gvozdno, saw the "Me was killed" message and spawned in the debug plains without gear. Alt-F4-ed and logged in again, spawned at beach without gear but with camo on. I've been running for 35 minutes but found my bike at the last third of the way which I thought had despawned due to the .2.5 vehicle not saving issues. Now I'm regeared and alive with my old stats and survival period but I'd love to not have to do this again! :rolleyes:

Edit: 1.7.2.6/96751beta on a 1.7.2.6/96585beta server

Edited by MullahAkullah

Ok, fourth time here. And I tried some things that have been said in this thread.

1) I didn't wear a ghillie

2) I didn't disconnect/reconnect on a short time period. I've really been cautionnous with that and waited ~15min.

3) I didn't go on the edges of the map.

4) I didn't disconnect near a tree.

I really don't know how to avoid this issue.

Edit: And I had my game + beta up-to-date. I've only played on appropriate servers too (very easy with DayZCommander).

Edited by Mouchoirsky
  • Like 1

I stopped playing on hive servers, because of this annoying bug. Thought to avoid this by playing only on a private hive - but I was wrong. It happened to me again today (twice), so it seems not only to be a hive problem :/

Happened to me a few times. Last time I was prone right next to a tree. I could see it trying to spawn me in at an invalid location, causing all this.

This is getting out of hand. I spend hours to ger up, get to a location, ready for the next day of ops I have planned. Log in the next day and have to do hours of regearing, starting with nothing. No backpack, nothing.

It has happened to me 3 times today alone. These aren't quick relogs or server switching issues either. I play on 3 servers, 1 on the main hive, 1 private chenarus and 1 private lingor. Sometimes it'll be a few days before I log back into the other, depending on my mood, and I have to completely start all over. The point of me playing on the 3 servers as I do is so that I have a character semi equipped and ready to go, yet I'm having to restart every time I login, ridiculous.

I have zero problems dying to players, but dying the moment I login to a bug is worse then anything a hacker can do.

Edited by Phantasm

Isn't this problem also caused by the new 1.62 of Arma conflicting with the latest beta of Arma AND Dayz 726?

The new 162 patch stops the world autoloading and just gives u the ocean.

DRH's and BIS QA testing seems very sloppy.

A friend of mine, who's unable to register, had the problem as well:

Dead On Arrival when joining a server:

2 days ago something strange happened when I was playing DayZ with two friends of mine.

Upon joining a server through DayZ Commander, one of us was instantly killed and sent into some sort of purgatory (or the fabled Elysium) in an unknown location that didn't seem to be in Chernarus. When he attempted to respawn, he spawned at the beach with no gear at all (no backpack or flashlight).

My friend and I looted his body, and we all decided to join a different server, since I kept getting kicked from this one.

And then it happened again. When we joined a new server, my other friend was instantly killed in front of me. This put us all in a sour mood, and we decided to play a different game altogether.

Yesterday, another friend of mine asked me if I wanted to play some DayZ. So we found a server together.

And it happened... AGAIN!

I died, was sent to purgatory and respawned at the beach with no gear at all.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it an error that is more prone to happen because of version 1.7.2.6 of DayZ? Does it have something to do with my Arma II (96751/54) version? Is it liable to happen the next time I play?

My theory is that it might have something to do with a one-time server wipe brought on by 1.7.2.6, in an attempt to stop hackers, and if that's the case, then I'm fine with it (even though I'm not aware of us having ever picked up a hacked weapon before), as I understand the need to take drastic measueres when dealing with cheating.

But if this is likely to happen everytime I join a server, then it's pretty much a game-breaker for us.

I could use some help or reassurance please.

As a sidenote, I feel I should mention that we were all equipped with high tier backpacks and M16/M4 assault rifles. If this was some kind of server wipe aimed at hackers armed with high-grade military gear, then I'm fine with taking one for the team. I just want to be sure it doesn't happen again in the near future :)

ask yourself... did you carry any hacked stuff when this happen? This happened me 2 times and both times i looted some hacked stuff from dead bodys.. 1st radio (i assume hacked) and 2th some weird gun id never seen.. after that i touch only listed stuff and never happened to me again.

This doesn't have anything to do with carrying hacked weapons. It has happened to me numerous times and I don't pickup stuff from other players that's out of the ordinary.

Also isn't related to server hopping, as this happens to me regularly on a few private hive servers. I'm really trying to figure out what causes this.

Edited by Phantasm

This doesn't have anything to do with carrying hacked weapons. It has happened to me numerous times and I don't pickup stuff from other players that's out of the ordinary.

Also isn't related to server hopping, as this happens to me regularly on a few private hive servers. I'm really trying to figure out what causes this.

Maybe multiple causes?

Just happened to me, fuck sake, i basically prepped everything for going into wilderness to get ass raped by this horse shit. DMR, GPS, NV, AK, Ghille.

Spawned in Lala Land with a broken leg and just my fucking ghille, relog onto another server and im sunbathing as the coast with an umbrella up my ass and a cocktail in my hand.

Such a huge waste of time and i really cba even logging in to collect anything again, this is my 2nd time with this, but the biggest loss, from these bugs not being fixed and no replys on this post i wont be giving a penny to the makers of the mod, i think ill be going with WarZ.

• Like 1