gstyle1988@gmail.com

Respawn at the beach and gear loss

Same here, exept for the deathmessage and the broken leg (might just missed it?)

also i still have my camosuit.

Do we have any idea yet as to why this is happening (or what causes it)?

Well i read a lot of "still have my camo/ghillie" maybe that is the reason.

Wheren´t the suits disabled once because of causing gear-bugs?

It just happened to me again today!

I know DayZ is in alpha so horrible bugs like this will happen but this is the 3rd time now. While playing, the game randomly froze so I closed the game and rejoined. Then I died on log in and had to sprint back to my body.

This time however my body wasn't there so I've literally lost everything. Now I'm stuck up north, starving and thirsty with no bandages or backpack with only a hatchet (I picked up on the way) to my name.

Well i read a lot of "still have my camo/ghillie" maybe that is the reason.

Wheren´t the suits disabled once because of causing gear-bugs?

I don't think this is the case. In the three times this has happened to me, I've been wearing Camo, a Ghillie and the default Survival clothes.

Edited by Guest

I've had this happen twice now. One time I didn't get my gear back. The other I was off the coast in between some cities. It was pitch black and I had to find my body with a flash light. Which the body didn't have any sound of flies near it. I just happened to find it right was I was going to log out. This does make the game unplayable.

I wonder, what stance are all of you when you log out?

I personally know that I was proning, I've stopped doing that lately (logging off whilst in prone) and I haven't had any problems since.

If that is a fix... weird......

Bump bump bump bump. This has happened to me upwards of 15 times now, and I've tried to be patient but I can't deal with this anymore.

- It's happened on multiple servers (even after triple-checking that everything is up to date).

- I have tried doing a clean install of ARMA to ensure it's not a corrupt file issue

- I have tried logging out, while standing, in a flat, open field. Still happened.

- I don't alt-F4, but I have noticed this bug seems to happen if I get stuck at the "loading" screen and have to force-quit.

- The above being said, it has also happened even upon successful log-ins.

I'm wondering if the bug is related to some sort of hiccup in communication between the user's PC, the Hosted Server, and the Central Server? /shrug

The worst is that I have been playing for weeks, and have never been killed in DayZ from any sort of legitimate cause (except when I was learning the ropes the very first day). My only deaths have been from this bug happening repeatedly. And of course, that's on top of the usual nonsense like losing rifles inside your backpack, tents disappearing, ATVs flipping, etc. All of the rest I can ignore because I know this game is in alpha, but I am going to stop playing until this is fixed. Having my inventory deleted three times in a single day makes this game pointless.

*headdesk*

• Like 2

Hi yesterday i was joing a new server after dying. and it spawns instantly with broken legs and the timeglas apearing and bleeding, the timeglas Does not Go down i or move att all,

i Stop bleeding at 4350 exactly so i dont die, but since the timeglas is there i cant respawn. HELP!!! tried 10 diffrent servers always the same thing.

name: StefanS

Playerid: 17370758

Edited by JoannaDark1

Bump bump bump bump. This has happened to me upwards of 15 times now, and I've tried to be patient but I can't deal with this anymore.

- It's happened on multiple servers (even after triple-checking that everything is up to date).

- I have tried doing a clean install of ARMA to ensure it's not a corrupt file issue

- I have tried logging out, while standing, in a flat, open field. Still happened.

- I don't alt-F4, but I have noticed this bug seems to happen if I get stuck at the "loading" screen and have to force-quit.

- The above being said, it has also happened even upon successful log-ins.

I'm wondering if the bug is related to some sort of hiccup in communication between the user's PC, the Hosted Server, and the Central Server? /shrug

The worst is that I have been playing for weeks, and have never been killed in DayZ from any sort of legitimate cause (except when I was learning the ropes the very first day). My only deaths have been from this bug happening repeatedly. And of course, that's on top of the usual nonsense like losing rifles inside your backpack, tents disappearing, ATVs flipping, etc. All of the rest I can ignore because I know this game is in alpha, but I am going to stop playing until this is fixed. Having my inventory deleted three times in a single day makes this game pointless.

*headdesk*

Yeah it's unplayable. I'm pretty much waiting for the stand alone as clearly the mod has gone to the wayside.

Yeah it's unplayable. I'm pretty much waiting for the stand alone as clearly the mod has gone to the wayside.

Agreed.

/rant on

Arma has already gotten it's +500k sales due to this mod, and has now gobbled up Rocket for a standalone to pretty much double dip. Not that I'm really surprised, that's where the money is. I'm not even really upset about that, because I'm sure the standalone should be good. But honestly if any effort is going to continue to be put into the mod (as opposed to the standalone), it would sure be nice if some of the major game-breaking bugs were fixed before Rocket rolls out new content like...dogs. That's a nice idea, but it's also likely going to be an extremely complicated feature that is going to introduce even more problems. Just fix the game first. It's fun as-is. Now make it stable and playable.

/rant off

On a side note, has anyone had this bug happen while using 1.7.2.4? I'm just going to roll back if it's stable and find an old-version server to play on.

Edited by vcmedic
  • Like 1

I wonder, what stance are all of you when you log out?

I personally know that I was proning, I've stopped doing that lately (logging off whilst in prone) and I haven't had any problems since.

If that is a fix... weird......

doesn't matter for me. it's happened to me in a ghillie, it's happened to me in default survivor skin, i think it even happened to me in hero skin. it's happened if i log next to a tree, it's happened if i deliberately avoid trees. it's happened if i prone, it's happened if i crouch, it's happened if i stand. it's happened on at least two different servers.

Put me in the camp that is finished with the game until this is confirmed as fixed for good.

I cannot spend hours finding all the loot I need then lose it all across the entire distance of the map and have to run to my body (which was never killed) just to keep playing on every log-in.

That's not fun for me.

As already mentioned, it happens if you get stuck on loading and have to force close the game.

I can usually get away with it a couple times, but it seems the more fail load servers I encounter the higher my chances of a free trip to the coast.

Best thing to do is keep a note of a few servers that work all the time/most of the time and if you do get stuck on loading, log onto a "safe" server to force your location to save properly.

• Like 1

As already mentioned, it happens if you get stuck on loading and have to force close the game.

I can usually get away with it a couple times, but it seems the more fail load servers I encounter the higher my chances of a free trip to the coast.

Best thing to do is keep a note of a few servers that work all the time/most of the time and if you do get stuck on loading, log onto a "safe" server to force your location to save properly.

I also tried this, leaving the game open stuck on loading and joining another server at the same time.

Edited by Encrypted

Just happened to me on Norway 47, died was in the debug area, reloaded and was on the beach with nothing but myself. My friend was already logged in, he mentioned it said I had died and bam there I was!

Not really annoyed about being at the coast, hell it would take me less than half an hour to get back up north. What doe frustrate me, is losing my AS50 (with 4 clips), GPS, NVG's and my back-up primary weapon - M4A3.

I know it's alpha and all, but this is some random happening going on.

Name: Ev0lut10n

Player ID:54029574

The *Exact* same thing happened to me on US 1220. Spawn in remote location, immediate broken leg/death message. Teleported to empty plains. Disconnect/reconnect and I am stripped of everything and at the beach.

Same here, lost all my stuff. talking about legit nv goggles good guns plenty of ammo, cayote backpack (the best one). All gone and im clearly not dead...got 11 days on my name and 70 humanity till becoming a hero, this is bs

Events like this make me want to play other games... i bet War z wont have this problem, jks but still. right now this game is a waste of time

the server this happened to me , did take a bit longer to join but then it did. before that i hadnt closed much failed loading attempts at all

Same here... about 5 times within 2 days - thats really annoying. For clarification: It is not the "stuck on loading screen" bug followed by just spawning at the beach with all your stuff. It happens right after login without any delayed login procedure or forced closing of the game. Any ideas how to avoid this?

Hello fellows survivors. Weird thing happend to me today. I've logged off this morning somewhere in the north. Then, like a hour or two ago i was trying to log on again for some time due to loading screen freez issue. Finally i menaged to log on to server called:

DE 103# (1.7.2.5/95417) (CH:ON|3D:ON) (DAYTIME) Hosted by [GDS] and dayzforum.net.

How surprised I was when I saw starting screen asking me if I want to create male or female character :o Did I mentioned i megaed to survive 17 days so far ? minding my own business, collecting gear, hunting, sneaking, not murdering a single player even though i had a few perfect sniping opportunities.

22222o.jpg

my gear

So instead of choosing gender i smashed my esc a few times in panic hoping to leave this damn server which instead resulted in me spawning as fresh male with starting gear only, somewhere on the beach. Then i alt+ctrl+del and closed game. Logged back again on some other server and all my gear was back :D

I do not know what caused this werid bug, was that this server or just DayZ being DayZ.....

Edited by STRYK3R

Seriously wtf. I just logged in for the first time today. I've lost everything as if i have been killed. On log in it never told me to choose female/male.

Ive still got my zombie kill stats from yesterday night and my camo outfit. But have absolutely nothing in my invent, not even the standard stuff you have after u die.

I should'nt be dead tho, when i logged out yesterday at about 10:30pm uk time i believe in server uk121 i was very much alive and kicking..

I hope this gets resets back to my original stuff took me a while to save that stuff. think my 3rd or 4th successive day alive. I was on quite a big tour of the map aswell at the time. Can some1 explain to me wtf?