domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

1.0 is crashing every time i try to start. 0.92 is fine. Any ideas?

Using Win8Pro64. Error message:

DaRT.exe
51c9b62a
SQLite.Interop.dll
4fc28e84
c0000005
18f4
01ce71cdeb4055ce
C:\Users\Polli\Documents\DaRT\DaRT\DaRT.exe
C:\Users\Polli\Documents\DaRT\DaRT\data\lib\SQLite.Interop.dll
3c4d20bf-ddc1-11e2-bee4-bc5ff4389237

and

Anwendung: DaRT.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException Stapel:
bei System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_reset_interop(IntPtr)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
bei DaRT.GUI.GetLocation(System.String)
bei DaRT.GUI.startThreadPlayer()
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edited by Polli
  • Like 1

1.0 is crashing every time i try to start. 0.92 is fine. Any ideas?

Using Win8Pro64. Error message:

DaRT.exe
51c9b62a
SQLite.Interop.dll
4fc28e84
c0000005
18f4
01ce71cdeb4055ce
C:\Users\Polli\Documents\DaRT\DaRT\DaRT.exe
C:\Users\Polli\Documents\DaRT\DaRT\data\lib\SQLite.Interop.dll
3c4d20bf-ddc1-11e2-bee4-bc5ff4389237

and

Anwendung: DaRT.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException Stapel:
bei System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_reset_interop(IntPtr)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand, System.Data.CommandBehavior)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
bei DaRT.GUI.GetLocation(System.String)
bei DaRT.GUI.startThreadPlayer()
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Investigating now, thanks for the report.

• Like 1

Dart keeps crashing to much, it been locking out admins, and it seems to fail to carry out bans from time to time. its is just seems to be unreliable on the server

id love to figure out how to fix the issues im having hoping someone could help.

Edited by dachurchill

First of all, thanks a lot for v1.0, we downloaded it right when it was available and I'm looking forward to using the comment feature which will help greatly in keeping players apart. The moment I tried it, I wanted the database to be able to merge on an external server so I can read all the other admins' comments but that's a bit more daring, so it'll be something for the next big version. :)

Issues

We have been facing issues with DaRT as well though, not only with the newest version. It did not crash at all but

seems to fail to carry out bans from time to time
This is indeed something that has been happening quite a lot to an extent where we had to run RCon GUI as backup when we wanted complete panel administration. In particular:

- Sometimes players do not get logged.

This means we get a kick request for someone who doesn't show up in the playerlist when evidence shows he is on the server. Or another time there was someone changing his name and doing shite; DaRT logged 2 names for the same GUID' date=' GUI logged 3, notably in the same time frame. In another instance, DaRT logged a player in the database but the last date he appeared was older than the one GUI showed. I have no idea what causes this but it would be very appreciated if this could somehow get fixed. It's as if DaRT stopped logging from time to time.

- Sometimes bans do not get into effect.

This is exactly what dachurchill mentioned. Sometimes a ban gets initiated from the player list and the player is still online with no sign of him having been kicked or banned. A second attempt usually settles the deal and works properly.

- RCon admin messages sometimes do not get transmitted.

I have no idea why. You type a message, you send it, it does not show up, so you'll have to type it again.

There is another issue about messages being sent and showing up in the log but not arriving in the game which has been the same with GUI when I used it as backup. So sent messages not being seen by players seems to be a BattlEye issue, not a DaRT specific one. For the record, I tested it myself by being on the server and reading or not reading my messages in addition to other times when players seemed to not see the admin chat messages either.

- Playerlist sometimes does not refresh at all, especially when Auto-Refresh is in effect.

On auto-refreshes, the playerlist tends to just show up empty in some cases and no amount of clicking Refresh changes it. Manual refreshing seems to work most of the time.

- Deactivating Auto-Scroll sometimes still scrolls to the bottom when new chat messages come in.

I cannot say why this is happening exactly. It appears to me that holding the scroll indicator in a certain place with the mouse works well against the view automatically scrolling down but simply moving up the chat log line by line always lands the view at the bottom when a new line comes in.

Regardless of these issues, DaRT has been a great asset to us in many ways so far. I especially appreciate the coloured and filterable chat and the admin notifications. And I have to say, adding a short name indicator to each line is a perfect idea. It allows us to identify ourselves instead of having to refer to admin #2 and such.

[b']Feature Requests

• Is it possible to show coloured chat in the "all messages" tab, too?

• GUI shows player scores. I would want DaRT to be able to show scores as well. Is that possible?

• Please have DaRT create a config file so the column order and sizes will be persistent after a restart. For instance, I want player nationality, name and latency before IP or GUID, so I sort the columns my way. On each restart they will have the old format though.

---

Cheers. We appreciate how much you're facilitating our work and the effort put into v1.0 as well as the very fast responses. Looking forward to using and abusing v1.0 now. Very good job.

Edited by irrelevantaccounthere

1.0 working great here!

BRS tool working like magic cheers!

LOVE the connect on start up!!!

Nice to hear you like it.

Dart keeps crashing to much, it been locking out admins, and it seems to fail to carry out bans from time to time. its is just seems to be unreliable on the server

id love to figure out how to fix the issues im having hoping someone could help.

You will need to go into some detail about all the problems you are experiencing if you want help.

Crash logs?

What did you do to crash DaRT?

How does it lock out admins?

Which server hoster are you using?

- Sometimes players do not get logged.

This means we get a kick request for someone who doesn't show up in the playerlist when evidence shows he is on the server. Or another time there was someone changing his name and doing shite; DaRT logged 2 names for the same GUID, GUI logged 3, notably in the same time frame. In another instance, DaRT logged a player in the database but the last date he appeared was older than the one GUI showed. I have no idea what causes this but it would be very appreciated if this could somehow get fixed. It's as if DaRT stopped logging from time to time.

It's actually on purpose that DaRT logs GUIDs multiple times with every name this GUID used + date.

This helps to see which names this player previously used.

There will be an option to turn this off in the next version.

DaRT will only log players if there is a valid GUD available via RCon.

This won't happen if the player is still initializing or the BE master server is down.

Do you have by any chance the refresh on player join enabled?

This sometimes causes problems because the refresh will occur while the player is initializing, which results in the player not getting logged till the next refresh.

- Sometimes bans do not get into effect.

This is exactly what dachurchill mentioned. Sometimes a ban gets initiated from the player list and the player is still online with no sign of him having been kicked or banned. A second attempt usually settles the deal and works properly.

This is a problem with how banning with BE works.

Because it uses the player id and not the GUID + RCon works over UDP it occurs quite often that the bans are unreliable.

The only thing I can do on my side is to execute the ban multiple times and check if it failed.

Will probably check on that for the next version.

You can also look in using BRS incase the request itself is unreliable too.

Will probably add a ban via BRS in the next version which will be alot more reliable.

- RCon admin messages sometimes do not get transmitted.

I have no idea why. You type a message, you send it, it does not show up, so you'll have to type it again.

There is another issue about messages being sent and showing up in the log but not arriving in the game which has been the same with GUI when I used it as backup. So sent messages not being seen by players seems to be a BattlEye issue, not a DaRT specific one. For the record, I tested it myself by being on the server and reading or not reading my messages in addition to other times when players seemed to not see the admin chat messages either.

Same as above.

BattlEye uses the unreliable UDP protocol.

If your connection or the connection of the server is bad the effects of this get even worse.

Only thing I can do is to wait for the messages a little bit and resend it if necessary.

Will take a look at that for the next version too.

- Playerlist sometimes does not refresh at all, especially when Auto-Refresh is in effect.

On auto-refreshes, the playerlist tends to just show up empty in some cases and no amount of clicking Refresh changes it. Manual refreshing seems to work most of the time.

This should be fixed with v1.0.

Tell me if not.

- Deactivating Auto-Scroll sometimes still scrolls to the bottom when new chat messages come in.

I cannot say why this is happening exactly. It appears to me that holding the scroll indicator in a certain place with the mouse works well against the view automatically scrolling down but simply moving up the chat log line by line always lands the view at the bottom when a new line comes in.

This is an issue with the WINAPI that never got resolved.

The only way to fix this on my side would be to leave the console alone till auto scroll is enabled again and then add all the new messages at once.

Edited by DomiStyle

Regardless of these issues, DaRT has been a great asset to us in many ways so far. I especially appreciate the coloured and filterable chat and the admin notifications. And I have to say, adding a short name indicator to each line is a perfect idea. It allows us to identify ourselves instead of having to refer to admin #2 and such.

Good to hear.

• Is it possible to show coloured chat in the "all messages" tab, too?

That is possible.

Will be in the next version.

• GUI shows player scores. I would want DaRT to be able to show scores as well. Is that possible?

This can only be done with a GameSpy integration.

I may do one for the final version of DaRT but I can't guarantee it.

• Please have DaRT create a config file so the column order and sizes will be persistent after a restart. For instance, I want player nationality, name and latency before IP or GUID, so I sort the columns my way. On each restart they will have the old format though.

Already planned for the next version.

Edited by DomiStyle

Hey Domi,

Myself and my Admin Staff have been DaRT users for quite some time. Running into tons of issues with v1.0 as far as getting/remaining connected--and evidently issuing bans isn't working either. Last night my Admin were reporting that they could connect via DaRT; however, that was all they could do.

Is this a common problem? Sorry for the bug report via forums, didn't know a better way.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Hey Domi,

Myself and my Admin Staff have been DaRT users for quite some time. Running into tons of issues with v1.0 as far as getting/remaining connected--and evidently issuing bans isn't working either. Last night my Admin were reporting that they could connect via DaRT; however, that was all they could do.

Is this a common problem? Sorry for the bug report via forums, didn't know a better way.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Would you be able to provide me with the RCon details for your server via PM so I can take a look at it?

Would you be able to provide me with the RCon details for your server via PM so I can take a look at it?

Believe your inbox is full, Sir.

I just uploaded v1.0.1 which contains a hotfix for the crash on startup.

Do you have by any chance the refresh on player join enabled?

This sometimes causes problems because the refresh will occur while the player is initializing' date=' which results in the player not getting logged till the next refresh.[/quote']

I see. I don't know if I had it enabled. I will keep it unchecked in the future. :thumbsup:

The only thing I can do on my side is to execute the ban multiple times and check if it failed.

Will probably check on that for the next version.

Very good' date=' thank you. As with all the other bans by the way, sometimes QuickBan behaves in the same way. However, just tested it on myself though and I was gone in an instant. So when it works, it works. Nothing to worry about but I'd appreciate if you looked into it in a later version. :thumbsup:

BattlEye uses the unreliable UDP protocol.

If your connection or the connection of the server is bad the effects of this get even worse.

Only thing I can do is to wait for the messages a little bit and resend it if necessary.

I knew it. BattlEye seems to fail me a lot recently. Request What would be good instead would be a simple means of repeating sent messages by clicking Ctrl + ArrowUp or something and being able to skip through the last 3 or so sent messages to modify or resend them like most messengers do. This allows the user to simply select it up again and resend it until it works without having to either copy the line in advance or type off the whole thing again. So logging lines in a temporary space, Ctrl + Arrows pasting them back into the chat / console text field.

Playerlist

This should be fixed with v1.0.

Then I think I made a mistake here. Nevermind. :thumbsup:

Auto-Scroll

This is an issue with the WINAPI that never got resolved.

Alright' date=' no priority then. :thumbsup:

Scores

This can only be done with a GameSpy integration.

Oh. No, not a priority at all. :thumbsup:

Layout

Already planned for the next version.

Ace. :thumbsup:

-----

Question

- "Sync Database" blocks access to the tool's functions for minutes while still logging chat and causing "i am working" noise in my computer. What does it do?

-----

More Requests

• Option to "Add Ban".

This is basically a function I would want you to copy from GUI. It should work the same way as selecting an entry for ban from the playerlist or database, only without having to actually look for somebody when you already have the GUID. This could be part of the Bans tab and be a context option like "Add Ban", then coming up with a prompt where you'd have to paste the GUID, reason and ban time with buttons "Ban" and "Abort". The point being that you don't need to have a player in your probably incomplete database to add a ban.

• Optimized Search field

> Allow Search on pressing Enter.

That means I don't want to press the Search button, I'd want to just type a name and hit the Return key like in a search engine and when the text field is highlighted, it activates the search.

> Automatically "Clear" list if something is typed in search text field.

Right now, you type something, search for it, then you'll have to clear it before typing anew. If you type something over the old search, you'll have to clear what you typed and type it again, then search. I want the tool to refresh the list when I change the search subject. The perfect way would be automatically filtering for what I type the second I type it but that's not mandatory. The main aspect is that I simply want to type in "abc", hit Enter, then select all and type in "xyz" and hit Enter again for a second search without having to reset something. Also, clearing the field with Backspace should clear the search and show the full list like pressing the "Clear" button would.

----

Besides, very good job in enabling a comment search as I can see the potential it brings. You don't know who that guy was who was griefing the server two weeks ago and changed names but it was something with numbers and all you know is he teamkilled and you noted it down. You simply search for TK and have all the bad guys listed. Perfect.

I am generally very content with how you're constantly improving the utility as that is something outstanding. I value the effort you put into the project as it helps me and plenty of other admins ensure a better environment for players. Thank you.

Very good, thank you. As with all the other bans by the way, sometimes QuickBan behaves in the same way. However, just tested it on myself though and I was gone in an instant. So when it works, it works. Nothing to worry about but I'd appreciate if you looked into it in a later version. :thumbsup:

Quick ban works just the same way, but I will add a ban resend + ban verification in the next version for all bans.

I knew it. BattlEye seems to fail me a lot recently. Request What would be good instead would be a simple means of repeating sent messages by clicking Ctrl + ArrowUp or something and being able to skip through the last 3 or so sent messages to modify or resend them like most messengers do. This allows the user to simply select it up again and resend it until it works without having to either copy the line in advance or type off the whole thing again. So logging lines in a temporary space, Ctrl + Arrows pasting them back into the chat / console text field.

That is a really good idea.

Will be in the next version.

- "Sync Database" blocks access to the tool's functions for minutes while still logging chat and causing "i am working" noise in my computer. What does it do?

Oh, it's not supposed to be enabled yet.

I disabled it server side now to prevent further problems.

I will enable it sometimes soon, doesn't need a new version, only the server side part isn't done yet.

It just syncs your database with the master server.

Which will send your list to the server and then retrieve the complete list.

Meaning if a few DaRT users do it you probably are going to have all active players in your list.

• Option to "Add Ban".

This is basically a function I would want you to copy from GUI. It should work the same way as selecting an entry for ban from the playerlist or database, only without having to actually look for somebody when you already have the GUID. This could be part of the Bans tab and be a context option like "Add Ban", then coming up with a prompt where you'd have to paste the GUID, reason and ban time with buttons "Ban" and "Abort". The point being that you don't need to have a player in your probably incomplete database to add a ban.

You should check out the Execute button in the lower left corner. ;)

Execute -> Manually add a ban

Execute -> Manually add multiple bans

> Allow Search on pressing Enter.

That means I don't want to press the Search button, I'd want to just type a name and hit the Return key like in a search engine and when the text field is highlighted, it activates the search.

Yep, a few more shortcuts will come in the next version for example ESC will close any dialog to make everything a little bit quicker.

> Automatically "Clear" list if something is typed in search text field.

Right now, you type something, search for it, then you'll have to clear it before typing anew. If you type something over the old search, you'll have to clear what you typed and type it again, then search. I want the tool to refresh the list when I change the search subject. The perfect way would be automatically filtering for what I type the second I type it but that's not mandatory. The main aspect is that I simply want to type in "abc", hit Enter, then select all and type in "xyz" and hit Enter again for a second search without having to reset something. Also, clearing the field with Backspace should clear the search and show the full list like pressing the "Clear" button would.

Yeah, will look into that for the next version.

The clear button i just a temporary solution.

I am generally very content with how you're constantly improving the utility as that is something outstanding. I value the effort you put into the project as it helps me and plenty of other admins ensure a better environment for players. Thank you.

You are welcome.

That's the reason why I am doing this after all.

Edited by DomiStyle

Still getting constant disconnects with DaRT 1.0.1. Gotcha, BattleWarden, and BERcon working fine.

[2013-06-27 | 23:08:42] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:64853) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:08:48] RemoteExec Log: #10 Lifeqt (******) - #85 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"
[2013-06-27 | 23:08:51] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)
[2013-06-27 | 23:08:56] RemoteExec Log: #10 Lifeqt (******) - #85 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"
[2013-06-27 | 23:09:36] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:64854) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:09:52] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)
[2013-06-27 | 23:10:42] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:63319) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:10:52] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)
[2013-06-27 | 23:10:54] RemoteExec Log: #25 [NwO] G.H.O.S.T (******) - #85 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:12] Player #8 John Strongcock disconnected
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:42] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:63320) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:46] (Direct) Bill Schuette: sorry
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:52] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)

Edited by TheSzerdi

Still getting constant disconnects with DaRT 1.0.1. Gotcha, BattleWarden, and BERcon working fine.

[2013-06-27 | 23:08:42] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:64853) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:08:48] RemoteExec Log: #10 Lifeqt (******) - #85 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"
[2013-06-27 | 23:08:51] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)
[2013-06-27 | 23:08:56] RemoteExec Log: #10 Lifeqt (******) - #85 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"
[2013-06-27 | 23:09:36] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:64854) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:09:52] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)
[2013-06-27 | 23:10:42] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:63319) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:10:52] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)
[2013-06-27 | 23:10:54] RemoteExec Log: #25 [NwO] G.H.O.S.T (******) - #85 "this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';"
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:12] Player #8 John Strongcock disconnected
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:42] RCon admin #1 (*.*.72.183:63320) logged in
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:46] (Direct) Bill Schuette: sorry
[2013-06-27 | 23:11:52] Player request timed out (Server didn't respond)

Would you be able to send me your RCon details via PM?

I can't recreate those issues on my servers and any other server I tried so far.

This is one of the major problems we have been having.

[2013-06-28 | 19:28:57] Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg and the server is running.

Edited by dachurchill

This is one of the major problems we have been having.

[2013-06-28 | 19:28:57] Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg and the server is running.

IP & Port?