Sign in to follow this  
SmashT

Website slow?

Forums super slow today or is it just me?

Very slow.

Over the last 24 hours. On some occasions, I am unable to connect.

As far as I've seen, no information is yet available to 'splain it.

i was about to post this thread

its been like this for a few days it seems actually.

i was about to post this thread

its been like this for a few days it seems actually.

Since the standalone announcement it seems. We must have gained a lot of traffic from somewhere.

Possible fail DDOS? I honestly don't think the number of hits could have increased so exponentially that this amount of lag would occour

• Like 1

Their server is under high load, or Secured Servers is having problems again. I've had dedicated servers there before, and they have a lot of maintenance. DayZ their website is hosted on a dedi (or cloud) at Secured Servers as far as I'm aware.

Their server is under high load, or Secured Servers is having problems again. I've had dedicated servers there before, and they have a lot of maintenance. DayZ their website is hosted on a dedi (or cloud) at Secured Servers as far as I'm aware.

That's why I'm thinking it's a DDOS

Definitely been slower than usual. Half the time I can't even open threads, it won't even connect.

That's why I'm thinking it's a DDOS

Secured Servers is pretty good at blocking the incoming IP address of the attacker, if it is a denial of service attack. So then it's either a pretty good DDoS'er or the server is having some problems.

Secured Servers is pretty good at blocking the incoming IP address of the attacker, if it is a denial of service attack. So then it's either a pretty good DDoS'er or the server is having some problems.

Hmmm, yes true, but the site and forums have been DDOS'd before

High use? With the patch?

The patch is hosted on a Swedish node, so there is no load from the patch on the US server on which the website and forums are hosted.

The patch is hosted on a Swedish node, so there is no load from the patch on the US server on which the website and forums are hosted.

I mean people visiting because of it.

I mean people visiting because of it.

Could be, but I doubt it. Homepage / Download page aren't "big" pages and shouldn't use a lot of bandwidth, and Cloudflare should also speed up the site and save bandwidth by caching these pages.

More users = slower site.

Forum will be hurt more as it is a database lookup each time someone visits.

@Jackster correctly optimized service configs for MySQL / PHP / Webserver will allow caching (x-cache?) and that would speed up most site page loads, for the database lookups, a properly posistioned localhost MySQL with some features turned off, would run perfectly.