Siggy (DayZ)

(Rocket) Why are we logging in on the coast

I have a feeling this bug has something to do with the ghillie suits again. Where any of you guys wearing ghillies before you got teleported on the beach?

Yes we both have !!

Not sure it is the ghille suits, i know a guy who died so lost his ghille suit, died again and after a while tried switching servers, still spawned on the coast in the regular skin.

Either way, annoying as shitballs.

Edited by burrocaralho

I have a feeling this bug has something to do with the ghillie suits again. Where any of you guys wearing ghillies before you got teleported on the beach?

Yes we both have !!

I had one on as well.

My first one I have ever acquired, actually.

Aye, I had on my ghillie suit. However, my friend had on normal civvies and was also teleported to the coastline upon entry to a server. We both hoofed it to Stary, got those huge graphical glitches. We both logged out of the server, thinking it was server-side, and rejoined another, only to wind up on the coastline.

And just a quick heads up for everybody: Join a low-population server when this is fixed, and minimize your chances of getting instant-sniped on higher-population servers. Don't feed the wolves ;)

happening to me. its happened to me 3 times in a row due to i cant find a decent low pop server

Happen to me today, tried to join a server that my friend was on but after 10 minutes of "loading" I restarted the game.

When i finally got onto a server i respawned at the coast outside Kamenka, my previous position was Solnichiny -.-

After finally getting to Solnichiny again my friend wanted to change server because of lag, he spawned fine but I was moved to Electro...

I was wearing a ghillie suit and I play on version 1.7.2.4

Edited by stoffe

No, though I do have camo on.

I had assumed this problem was just a bug, but if this is indeed intended, then I will be done playing this mod. There's already enough BS we have to put up with as it as. I shouldn't be penalized trying another server everytime I get stuck at a loading screen or I log onto a laggy server.

All of us had ghillie suits on.

yeah this is really getting just stupid been playing this game for weeks and have really only had these issuses of as late i understand its an alpha but isnt a game suppposed to get better each patch? isnt that the reason for testing in alpha so you can move to beta then down the line actually release a working version??? so what come before alpha because this shit goes backwards every fucking patch...

if its to stop server hopping then im fucked but they need to make the detection system better why one person server hops may be different than another . im using the same gear for ever on this guy so not farming the airfield,,, not hopping to avoid fights either i like the lil map dot, dont like to play at night cause my vid card is fried and in the dark i have red sparkling lights that cover the whole screen making it unplayable on dark maps.. the loaders dont tell you if the sever has the blue dot on the map so sometimes it takes a few tries to find one same with night and day doest seem to matter what i have my filter on or what the server says last one i joined said 1130 am and it was dark as night so i have to hop a few to find a day server.

so am i doomed to only play on the shore line if so maybe i should find a hill and sit with my as50 shooting unarmed fresh spawns guess thats what they want me to do since i can only play on the shore camp fresh spawns joy oh fucking joy ................... golf clap............

i dont get it really this is going backwards and it sucks

• Like 1

yeah this is really getting just stupid been playing this game for weeks and have really only had these issuses of as late i understand its an alpha but isnt a game suppposed to get better each patch? isnt that the reason for testing in alpha so you can move to beta then down the line actually release a working version??? so what come before alpha because this shit goes backwards every fucking patch...

if its to stop server hopping then im fucked but they need to make the detection system better why one person server hops may be different than another . im using the same gear for ever on this guy so not farming the airfield,,, not hopping to avoid fights either i like the lil map dot, dont like to play at night cause my vid card is fried and in the dark i have red sparkling lights that cover the whole screen making it unplayable on dark maps.. the loaders dont tell you if the sever has the blue dot on the map so sometimes it takes a few tries to find one same with night and day doest seem to matter what i have my filter on or what the server says last one i joined said 1130 am and it was dark as night so i have to hop a few to find a day server.

so am i doomed to only play on the shore line if so maybe i should find a hill and sit with my as50 shooting unarmed fresh spawns guess thats what they want me to do since i can only play on the shore camp fresh spawns joy oh fucking joy ................... golf clap............

i dont get it really this is going backwards and it sucks

Pretty much all i am doing, killing people around cherno and elektro, no way in fucking hell am i walking inland to get teleported back to the coast.

Yeah, it would seem Rocket's patches do more harm then good IF this is a bug. I personally don't like Rocket and his views about Lingor Island (Off topic a bit). However I give him some credit for trying. Its just best to stick to 1.7.2.4, most servers are still running it just because launcher hasent updated it just yet. Least you still get ammo resets and a few other exploits you can still take advantage of on 1.7.2.4 along with not being sent to the coast every damn log out. ;D

Edited by Resausk

Last night (pre-update) I logged off on the server I normally play on (let's call it "server-X" for simplicity). When I logged in after updating (as server-X had updated already), I was placed back on the coast, nowhere near where I had logged off at. Actually, I was placed right next to a house of a small town on the coast, and by the time I had control of my character zombies were already aware of and chasing me.

Clearly no server hopping was involved there. A bug's a bug.

Lame, Same here. I log out patch up and get back on...I'm in Kamenka so I leave join another server (sometimes switching servers does the trick) I'm now in Elektro.I don't think its worth it to even play till this gets fixed.Running back to your last location every time is kinda asking to just get picked off, Esp with the ridic load times .And yes I was in a ghillie, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

This happend to me & a friend last night. We logged out in Solnichniy because the server was getting dark. On the next server I was in Krustoy Cap and he was all the way over in fucking Kamenka. Where we spent the next 2 hours trying to meet up :/

I just remembered because of your post that this is happening. Last thing that happened to me was a lost connection to a server after I had found a tractor...gosh damnit it!!!!!! This weekend is really trying my patience to get back into this mod...Maybe if I can tough it out it's meant to be.

I just remembered because of your post that this is happening. Last thing that happened to me was a lost connection to a server after I had found a tractor...gosh damnit it!!!!!! This weekend is really trying my patience to get back into this mod...Maybe if I can tough it out it's meant to be.

I've not applied any patch as of yet and this has happened to me whilst not wearing a ghillie suit.

I was running across a field when I suddenly went down with a broken leg and about 30 player models appeared around me all facing in different directions?? I don't know what the hell happened but it was as if it had crashed. When I tried to reconnect it sat at 'loading' for ages so i gave up and I've not been able to connect to that server (along with others) since. I eventually connected to another server only to find myself teleported near the coast... its very frustrating as I just have a feeling I'm going to be killed now after spending hours trying to keep away from trouble.

• Like 1

If that's true - fantastic. Saves me the PITA of finding vehicles if I want to go south.

It's the DayZ public transit system!

I was teleported by hacker in the off-map fields and 50m above ground along with everybody else. Quickly ESC+F4 before hitting the ground saved me. Joined next server immediately and found myself on the coast. I thought it was some counter measure for hack teleporting. But maybe hive thought I was server hopping and moved me to coast?

Did everyone experience this when quitting one server and joining another right away? It's interpreted as hopping? Not a bad feature but players should be made aware of it. Everyone must take a 10min break before logging in again?

I havent played since last night and i "server-hop" a lot due to the fact that my group of guys we play with live around the US and 1 of us lives in britian so we try to find servers that are not laggy for all of us. It takes time and if this is going to happen Fu*k this. I will quit if it is not fixed.

• Like 1

Hold on a second, so this new update introduces yet another annoying and crippling feature to the game? One that Bandits will now openly exploit? Well, I for one am in shock that the devs haven't put time into fixing graphic issues, hacking, wonky gameplay, the worst engine of all time and carnivorous backpacks. That was sarcasm, I think it's hilarious that they just keep introducing more gamebreaking elements instead of fixing the monstrous problems that exist.

• Like 4

This has to be a bug. Who in there right mind would see this as a solution?

Read the patch notes and your head may explode.

You know what the best part of this is? I have to cycle through a few severs before finding one that isn't running like literal garbage. The greatest response I've seen on this forum from someone about abysmally slow load times and horrid ping was "it's an alpha, power through it", this mod is a god damn landmine marathon.

• Like 1