Getting murdered every day! This game is devolving and needs some help.

Players don't ask if your friendly. In the early game there was a humanity index - players somewhat worked together. There was cooperation...

Players communicated and did not kill onsite or just hunt the weak running through Cherno or Eleckro looking for their first gun.

Might start looking for the next good game if it continues to devolve into MURDERERZ - the game where humans hunt humans while avoiding the zombies ...

Edited by Lok0

its the sad truth of a open world every man for himself game :/

i have been having allot of luck playing on low pop servers, try that before giving up on the game itself

It's mostly because a lot of people are complete dicks.

• Like 2

It was all fine and dandy in DayZ a few months ago back in late April. Community was nice, small and friendly.

I kid you not I walked through Elektro without a care in the world at one point.

Then PC Gamer got wind of this mod and began attracting the wrong sort of crowd.

What a time it was.

Respawn -->> Go west -->> Go North -->> Get shotgun from barn -->> Head north -->> Get supplies --> Head NE -- Find Heli Crash site -->> Head NW get good weapown in the airfield -->> Head East -- more supplies at Berezino.

Simple! :lol:

Lack of communication or delayed communication cause people to become anxious.

Anxiety from stress makes people reaction to gut instincts. This means they have three options to consider.

1. Shot you.

2. Do nothing.

3. Get closer, attempt to declare friendly status.

Well, 2 and 3 require the person to be willing to get shot, and if you have a gun you are probably not worth risking their life, so they go with 1.

By "lack" of communication, I mean no way to communicate effectively over distances. By "Delayed" I mean texting. Typing takes longer than speaking, obviously, and puts you at a disadvantage if you try to say, "Friendly!" in a text, only to be blown away before you hit ENTER.

So, the first instinct quickly becomes, "Shoot or Die", much like Fight or Flight. But remember, people are likely to stand their ground. They know the ground, they trust the ground, and moving to a new area can be lethal. If cornered, even if you have no weapons, they may still react with violence.

And some people kill for the hell of it.

EDIT: As an example, I watched a sniper and his LMG buddy light up a red house. I watched 1 person come out and die in the street. I waited, then when the coast was clear I entered the house to find 3 people dead by a wall, and another almost dead player inside by a rear wall.

With only 1 round left in his enfield, and no ammo elsewhere in the house or on the bodies, he fired his last round at me. A guy with a pack of bloodbags and no weapon. So I ducked behind the wall, pulled out my axe, raced in and bludgeoned him to death.

His loss. But he reacted to try to stay alive. I could have just as easily been one of the guys that killed all his friends.

Edited by Zeromentor

I believe the main contributing factor to this problem is that beyond the initial learning curve of figuring out exactly how to survive in this world, there's really not that much for players to do (I believe rocket has even stated this in a few interviews iirc)

Once a player gets the basics down, survival against the environment becomes almost trivial, the real challenge comes from PvP, so naturally people flock to it. Don't get me wrong, I don't run around KoSing everything that moves, I follow a strict "Don't fire unless fired upon" policy (well, everywhere except in the NW airfield, that's a free-fire zone for obvious reasons). The fact remains though, that once your basic needs are met, there's really no incentive to NOT shoot players. Aside from blood bags and epi-pens, you can pretty much lone wolf to your hearts content.

Perhaps once we get some more of the world-shaping tools that Rocket has hinted at (Digging underground bases, sorts of farming, player specific skills?) then we may see a recession of the current KoS style gameplay. Until then, if playing SniperCon 2012 becomes too much of a burden, it'd probably be best to just take a break for your own sanity

For weeks humanity hasn't had any value in the game, humanity is slowly being reintroduced in the newest build, but KOS culture is firmly established as the only way of playing, this will take a long time to change.

Whenever you enter a city, whenever you encounter a player, keep moving and keep putting solid obstacles between you and others.

• Like 1

Everything will get a bit better once the kids are back at school in Sept.

And will improve even more when the next popular, brain-dead FPS is released at xmas.

Happy to hear humanity will return to being a game factor. If DayZ is to remain successfull it needs more depth - as is, it is SoS because that's the easiest choice for most players and there is no game penalty besides the noise and what it might attract. Although, my last few deaths have been "ftht" tfht" by someone with a silencer. lol

It's because it's only an alpha and there isn't a great deal to do yet. So people are forced in to creating their own conflicts.. Some of them just lack imagination..