Sign in to follow this  
knawx

How long have I been alive?

So I was wondering if there is a way to tell how long you have been alive? I noticed that if you hold down the "i" key in game, it shows a list with players and some stats? Is the number on the far right how long you have been alive?

Sometimes my name is on the list and sometimes it isn't. Anyway, if anyone has any info on that I would greatly appreaciate it. I'm just trying to find a way to measure my success for each character I play. haha

• Like 1

So I was wondering if there is a way to tell how long you have been alive? I noticed that if you hold down the "i" key in game, it shows a list with players and some stats? Is the number on the far right how long you have been alive?

Sometimes my name is on the list and sometimes it isn't. Anyway, if anyone has any info on that I would greatly appreaciate it. I'm just trying to find a way to measure my success for each character I play. haha

If you log out and log back in it tells you days survived , thats all i know.

When you log in on a server in the bottom right it will say how long you've been alive for. :)

by logging in to a server, like once it gives you control of your guy, it will say in the bottom left hand corner where your at, how many days you had that character, and the continent

Okay, so I realized the number that I thought was the day count is actually my zombie kill count. (I was wondering why it was so high). However, when I log into servers it still says "Day 1" even though I've been using the same character for a few days now without dying. Not a big deal, just thought I would get to the bottom of it. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I think 'day 1' means you have played for 0 - 24 hours. Once you pass 24 hours of actual time playing your character you will go up a day.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though ^^

• Like 1

I think 'day 1' means you have played for 0 - 24 hours. Once you pass 24 hours of actual time playing your character you will go up a day.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though ^^

Okay, that would definitely make sense! I'll keep an eye on my Day count and see if it rolls over soon as I should be approaching 24 actual gameplay hours with this character.

i dont think its actual real time in the game.. im on 7 days now and i have not played over 100 hours on this character let alone 168... but then again i might have fucked if i know lol

I'm on day 14 and I've only played 4 hours top on that char. It goes by when the character was saved to the hive.

I've heard of people reaching over 30-60 days, but of course they didn't actually play over 720 hours to get there. They would start the character and not play for a while, which lengthened their survivor time even though they weren't actually playing.

You start on day 0 and then the next day will be day 1, etc.

Also, I think only days where you actually played count towards the number, but I'm not 100% sure.

So it seems I was wrong about that ^^.. It would have made alot of sense though. You know, just like the 'time played' on any world of warcraft character. I'll check it out on my own char as well.

Someone who can actually verify how it works speak up now!! Hehe.

99% sure it's just the number of days passed since the character was made. The count will usually reset once you swap out to a different skin though.