tbird9412

New Hotfix Stopped Artifacting... and caused even more problems.

Updated to 1.7.2.5. Was at the NWAF and ended up on the coast with all my gear. I was fortunate. Ive heard some people spawn with nothing but the new character gear.

A few hours ago I got back on after raiding a heli crash site pretty far into the map and getting some good gear.

Spawned on the coast. >.>

Disconnected from server because of framerate issues and lag, and now I cannot connect to any servers now. I become stuck on the Setup Completed screen and since I know my character is just standing there out for everyone to see, I disconnect. The game is unplayable right now for a lot of people.

Anyone else?

I've heard there are more issues but these are the ones I have experienced.

EDIT: Some users on 1.7.2.5 are still experiencing artifacts from hell.

Edited by Naked_Snake

you downloaded this patch before rocket said it was good to go... lol what do you expect?

The patch unfortunately isn't ready yet and for some people they are experiencing errors. Some people, like myself are not. This was something that rocket did warn against however.

• Like 1

Was at Balota and the artifacting was the worst I've ever had. Tried flushing but it didn't work. Got killed as a result in the control tower, even though I didn't have any weapons and wasn't a threat. Respawned near Elecktro with no artifacting but Zeds now like to run full pelt thru solid walls.

Rocket said that it wouldnt be released on 6updater until it was ready.

Also, this isnt really a rant, just trying to get some words out. I mean technically we are all testers.

Edited by Naked_Snake

I'm still artifacting in places, namely the Berezino tents. I too initially spawned on the coast (with all my gear) then ran north. After a server restart, I again respawned on the coast (this time with my buddy) with all of my gear. Haven't tried flushing since this patch, but before it didn't do any good. Until DayZ is a standalone game, I expect this kind of thing to happen. Kudos still go to Rocket for creating an awesome mod! :D

• Like 1

I can confirm what OP posted. I was at NWAF and I logged out. After logging back in, I spawned in Kamenka but I luckily still had all of my gear. This also happened to 2 buddies I was playing with, but they were in Stary before logging out and their respawn was Cherno - they also had all their gear.

More of an annoying side effect of the patch than anything. I can live with it, but for chrissakes fix the artifacting once and for all. :/

• Like 1

dat feel when server is night and ur too scared to run around

LOL.

And yes I think artfiacting is one of the biggest threats to this game. I have yet to encounter any serious hacking. Artifacting while in pvp is ridiculous and suicidal.

servers need to update hive to 0.7.3, perhaps this is the reason for the random spawns?

I had issues last night with a 4x4 that kept disappearing and stuff in a tent that disappeared (although we did log out of ran hour so possible the tent was looted, but they took everything and there was some rubbish in there).

Welcome to Alpha.

Enjoy you're stay.

Yes, please be aware that as an alpha tester, that you are not allowed to post any observations of any kind and should you choose to do so, you will be met with derision and scorn from the "community"...

• Like 1

Yes, please be aware that as an alpha tester, that you are not allowed to post any observations of any kind and should you choose to do so, you will be met with derision and scorn from the "community"...

This.

Seriously though, since updating to this new patch my FPS has shot down to nothing.

Used to be great but now... jeez man

he shouldn't of even released it early. Just sayin'. I wish he would have stuck to the "won't even update to 1.7.2.5, skip to 1.7.3" shit he said earlier. #has yet to play since patch, can't connect

I have found that it varies from server to server. I was having a difficult time connecting a few hours ago and I finally gave up. I'll try tomorrow night haha.

• Like 1

he shouldn't of even released it early. Just sayin'. I wish he would have stuck to the "won't even update to 1.7.2.5, skip to 1.7.3" shit he said earlier. #has yet to play since patch, can't connect

Everyone was getting hella impatient though

Everyone was getting hella impatient though

And everyone has nothing to do but wait :) No instead of playing tonight I am waiting for this shit to be "ready" for sixlauncer.

Not really looking forward to playing anyway because I heard they wiped tents :( All I do is scavenge and save items. Punch a player like me in the guts. At least I can go loot more lol.

• Like 1

You know you can just downgrade, right?

Updated to 1.7.2.5. Was at the NWAF and ended up on the coast with all my gear. I was fortunate. Ive heard some people spawn with nothing but the new character gear.

A few hours ago I got back on after raiding a heli crash site pretty far into the map and getting some good gear.

Spawned on the coast. >.>

Disconnected from server because of framerate issues and lag, and now I cannot connect to any servers now. I become stuck on the Setup Completed screen and since I know my character is just standing there out for everyone to see, I disconnect. The game is unplayable right now for a lot of people.

Anyone else?

I've heard there are more issues but these are the ones I have experienced.

EDIT: Some users on 1.7.2.5 are still experiencing artifacts from hell.

Q-Q, L2Read what rocket said about this patch and warn us about installing this patch.