Mkay so i have heard tell of skins coming back, now you get some kind of dirty towel wrapped around your head if you become a bandit, which is befitting seeing as how some people act like they deserve such a thing, but i also heard rumors of a hero skin, what does the hero skin look like and how do you obtain it?

how do you raise your humanity? what does that even mean?

Humanity is how morally human you are. Don't kill people/kill "bandits" = high humanity. Kill everything for some reason = low humanity

High humanity = hero skin

Low humanity = "bandit" skin

I still think burying(hiding) zombies and dead survivors should give a small amount of humanity. Even though it could be abused by bandits, it just feels right. I'd even like to see a little mound over the dead survivor's grave. That way players could dig up bodies for gear, for a hit to their humanity.

• Like 21

I haven't killed anyone since I started playing. I wonder if I have a high enough humanity...I'll post here if I have it.

I still think burying(hiding) zombies and dead survivors should give a small amount of humanity. Even though it could be abused by bandits, it just feels right. I'd even like to see a little mound over the dead survivor's grave. That way players could dig up bodies for gear, for a hit to their humanity.

haha you sir remind me of the good time I had digging out the whole graveyards in fallout 1+2.

Edited by Knollte
  • Like 4

Might work like fallout where if you kill someone with negative karma (bandits) then you raise you're humanity.

You see the obvious problem? Alright, cool.

I'll wear that scarf with pride.

Rather be alive and a dick, than a dead hero.

Translate that into dead dummy.

Edited by nicraM

Might work like fallout where if you kill someone with negative karma (bandits) then you raise you're humanity.

You see the obvious problem? Alright, cool.

Ha Ha! Time for Chernarus: TDM!

Thats a pretty crappy Hero Skin if its real. I was hoping for cowboy hat at the least.

• Like 3

So is my humanity going to account for everything I've done since I started playing or is it a clean slate? I hope it's the former, interested to see what it is.

Edited by peyote

I like how people seem to think the return of these skins will lessen the KOS.

Nope. It will make it worse. Because often times you can have people who might be listed as a "bandit" who might decide to help a bunch of people one day. Or for a week. Or two. That's not going to happen if they're easily recognized as a bandit, because now they won't bother helping at all to ensure some trigger happy survivor doesn't shoot them.

Might be a rare case, but I see it all the time.

• Like 3

it probably a clean slate every death.

I like how people seem to think the return of these skins will lessen the KOS.

Nope. It will make it worse. Because often times you can have people who might be listed as a "bandit" who might decide to help a bunch of people one day. Or for a week. Or two. That's not going to happen if they're easily recognized as a bandit, because now they won't bother helping at all to ensure some trigger happy survivor doesn't shoot them.

Might be a rare case, but I see it all the time.

spoken like a true bandit.

Edited by internetTAB
  • Like 2

often times you can have people who might be listed as a "bandit" who might decide to help a bunch of people one day

Just means they'll have to work that much harder to gain people's trust, should have thought of that before you ended up with -16,000 humanity. There are consequences for your actions, if you don't like it then raise your humanity. ;)

• Like 3

Let the bandit hunting season begin!

• Like 5

Bring it on hereos. I, the bandit lord await!

Maybe this'll actually create a difference. I'd probably let someone with a hero skin run along if I see him in the woods, but I'd kill bandits.

how do you raise your humanity? what does that even mean?

You must be very, very new here.

You raise your humanity most effectively by killing unarmed freshspawns at the coast!