Sign in to follow this  
miragexl

Any admins combat hackers?

I've started to get a influx of hackers a group of 10 came on and spawned with huey's over my head.

Thats right 5 huey's in total.

Now I've started to think about bringing matters

Anyone else do anything like that?

Some of us do. Illegally.

I keep them out using ESP to monitor but it only helps while I am on.

What are you guys talking about?

I combat hackers by finding their shit in the log files and banning their ass. Or, if they spawn helicopters/teleport/thunderdome, I just bounce the server. They usually go away to another server.

Me and Sqth are using Dayz_radar , a software who read / parse the logs for us , and give quickly and easily all the informations we need to find hacked weapons etc etc .

Sadly the dev team tell that this software is an admin cheats...because it give too much informations...too bad for them...this software give no more information than the logs...it just give them more quickly.

So if you read the logs even without a software...I think the dev team will tell you that you are an admin cheater.

Hello there

A properly set up server, knowledge of how to examine and read logs and a human admin presence atm are the best defence.

There may be other ways. Using the same scripts to find cheats is not on IMHO.

rgds

LoK

What are you guys talking about?

I combat hackers by finding their shit in the log files and banning their ass. Or, if they spawn helicopters/teleport/thunderdome, I just bounce the server. They usually go away to another server.

This.

Me and Sqth are using Dayz_radar , a software who read / parse the logs for us , and give quickly and easily all the informations we need to find hacked weapons etc etc .

Sadly the dev team tell that this software is an admin cheats...because it give too much informations...too bad for them...this software give no more information than the logs...it just give them more quickly.

So if you read the logs even without a software...I think the dev team will tell you that you are an admin cheater.

lolwut? Really? So they say that using a software that is parsing the logs is cheating? :D Oh my god...

I've started to get a influx of hackers a group of 10 came on and spawned with huey's over my head.

Thats right 5 huey's in total.

Now I've started to think about bringing matters

Anyone else do anything like that?

we do ban people, but we have access to our logs in which we always look at the to find people. Heres our list http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63412-uk-22-ban-entries/