JuniorD

What does the female gender model look like? (mhm)

Just wondering. I currently have a group sausagefest going on, so I probably will never see it.

shes blond, tall, with huge boobs. Shes wears Eve's dress. ;)

I will find it hard to shoot girls :(

Just don't lead them so much.

I actually really like the look of the new female skin :'d i'm gonna make the switch it will be nice to stare at while im running up north

I'll tell you this right now. If I go up to any female player and they sound like a man on direct chat they get shot right there.

I really dont understand the whole playing as the opposite sex thing. To me it is very creepy.

So they do have the advantage of a smaller hitbox....great...as if shootout wouldn't be flawed enough already through lagging player models, clunky animations and delayed damage.....now we've got players with half the body size too

I think the female model has the same hitbox, and from a distance you can't REALLY tell who's who. Rocket went the practical route by making them just as well done as the male models. So yeah, there's females now, not a big deal.

So they do have the advantage of a smaller hitbox....great...as if shootout wouldn't be flawed enough already through lagging player models' date=' clunky animations and delayed damage.....now we've got players with half the body size too

[/quote']That is the exact reason I expressed my concerns about it in the initial female skin thread. Smaller body, smaller hitbox, harder to be seen, it's a total advantage for those who choose to use it. This is why a lot of serious online shooting games refrain from using female models because of these exact issues.

Politically correctness and aesthetics while playing an online shooter are the absolute least of my concerns. This took what was completely balanced shooting mechanics across all players and unbalanced them all for the sake of pleasing a group of people who do not really understand the ramifications and issues female models present.

Now me choosing to remain as a male model puts me at a natural disadvantage across all fronts against those who choose to switch. I don't see this change as well thought out but more as just "hey let's just do this".

Another problem this presents now is if rocket did decide to remove it due to problems a massive group of people would be freaking out because it had been actually put in the game. These same people who would be freaking out would not be if he never did it and simply said "female models will not be in the game", I absolutely hate when changes like this take place, they put a huge rift in the game.

What about bandit?

The bandit system was removed, now there are skins you can pick up (I'm assuming its like finding a loot pile).

From what I've heard, there's no support for the females alt skins as of yet. (unverified)

iam a french girl and this skin doesn't look like me!! I am brown and pulpier !! lol

I am a bandit girl and if you see me it's because you already died ;)

So they do have the advantage of a smaller hitbox....great...as if shootout wouldn't be flawed enough already through lagging player models' date=' clunky animations and delayed damage.....now we've got players with half the body size too

[/quote']That is the exact reason I expressed my concerns about it in the initial female skin thread. Smaller body, smaller hitbox, harder to be seen, it's a total advantage for those who choose to use it. This is why a lot of serious online shooting games refrain from using female models because of these exact issues.

Politically correctness and aesthetics while playing an online shooter are the absolute least of my concerns. This took what was completely balanced shooting mechanics across all players and unbalanced them all for the sake of pleasing a group of people who do not really understand the ramifications and issues female models present.

Now me choosing to remain as a male model puts me at a natural disadvantage across all fronts against those who choose to switch. I don't see this change as well thought out but more as just "hey let's just do this".

Another problem this presents now is if rocket did decide to remove it due to problems a massive group of people would be freaking out because it had been actually put in the game. These same people who would be freaking out would not be if he never did it and simply said "female models will not be in the game", I absolutely hate when changes like this take place, they put a huge rift in the game.

You should be playing this game long enough to realize nothing is made or tweaked with the benefit of "player balance" in mind. Why should this be any different?

You should be playing this game long enough to realize nothing is made or tweaked with the benefit of "player balance" in mind. Why should this be any different?

Because this issue solely affects the Player vs Player balance

Through the click of a single button I can cut my characters body size in half, making me less detectable and harder to hit

That's bullshit

Female characters NEVER work in a First Person Shooter style game

Only random japano-F2P-FPS have female characters, and they look like dudes with makeup

Why? Because you CAN'T put in proper female character models without giving them an inherent hitbox advantage over male characters

Sure, you can leave the hitbox just as big, but this creates further issues

1) Players choosing to be a G.I.R.L. think they are in cover, yet they aren't

2) Other players will still only shoot parts of the body they can actually see

Nobody likes to shoot thin air because he might hit the invisible male hitbox floating on top of the female character