Sign in to follow this  
choppaholic26

I can't aim down sights anymore?

Played the game a few hours ago for the first time, nothing out of the ordinary. RMB as always made my guy ADS. Today I log on an find that it doesn't work anymore. I get fed up and hit default controls, and still NOTHING. I hold RMB and I zoom in feature works just fine but clicking for ADS is completely gone. Get out of server join new one, NOTHING. What the hell is going on?

ignore this. was a mis post.

apologies

Edited by orlok

Weird, are you sure you didn't mess with you key bindings? Might be worth double checking.

double tap left control to raise your weapon back to face. OR you can usually stand up and get aim back.

Edited by SyndicateFaction

Sometimes after you've been looking at your inventory you will lower your gun. Just tap left mouse and all will be fixed.

All keys are at default. Just started Arma II and the problem is in the regular game itself as well. What exactly is the binding for ADS called? Nothing I look at resembles anything like that at all. Is it raise weapon?

Tried the suggestions but it's not in issue with having the weapon at waist level. The weapon is raised it just can't be aimed.

I had this problem this morning, had to switch to my side arm and back to main weapon before i could get it to ADS again, hope this helps.

Ive had this as a temp issue before, but never a constant one.

I'd try the troubleshooting forums or arma 2 also.

Try googling it if you haven't already.

There ought to be a way to rise ones weapon once in crouching position, however the only way to do that is to press the left mouse button (same used to fire a shot). Else the hotkey will make the character stand upright before raising his weapon. No big issue, but I would rather use the hotkey in crouching mode than pressing the left mouse button.