ikon

Remove Thermal Scopes

I don't understand why they are in dayz.

Completely takes away the point of clothing.

Spotters are pointless since you can see everything up to a mile away yourself.

It seems like sniping would actually be fun, if you had to work for it.....

• Like 7

I agree. I've been toting around the L85 for a couple days now, and it's completely overpowered with the thermal scope. You can't hide from it. Needs to go.

It wouldn't be an issue if the duping didn't make them so common. If they were extremely rare as they are suppose to be then I can't see an issue with them being in game.

yes remove it

Edited by Northyy

Hello there

The Thermal scopes are rare though. Many folk have to make do with a hunting rifle if they are lucky.

If they have become too available then simply editing the "loot tables" to decrease their chance of appearing would solve the issue.

Also increasing the viewdistance would be advantagous as the standard is far too low for decent sniping.

Rgds

LoK

Again Just because it's a zed apocalypse doesn't mean that all military hardware would disappear.

Once Duping and ect aren't a big issue then they will be as rare as before.

My two cents.

The L85 isn't the problem.

The duping and hacking in of AS50 with Thermal Scopes are.

The L85 AWS by itself is actually a really crappy weapon. Damage like any other western assault rifle and only 300m effective range with a ridiculous bullet spray that makes a Mk48 machine gun look like a precision rifle. If it were to be as rare as it's supposed to it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Edited by Kythia
  • Like 4

not rare when hacker spawn them out their ass, yeah dumb items like that should go

Why are people acting like there is more than one type of thermal in Day Z? L85 is only good for spotting people, its a pretty crappy gun to actually shoot at someone. Majority of whiners are mad they cannot hid in a tree and snipe noobs without being spotted by a bandit hunter with an L85

Again Just because it's a zed apocalypse doesn't mean that all military hardware would disappear.

Once Duping and ect aren't a big issue then they will be as rare as before.

My two cents.

I agree. Once duping is taken care of perhaps they will once again be rare. In almost every single fight with other groups I have had they are equipped with L85s. Everyone are duping and hacking. :(

even if duping didn't exist.

i still think thermal removes all the skill in sniping.

That's the entire point of it. It's a rare item that gives you an advantage over other players who don't have it. You could say the same about any other weapon or equipment- like ghillie suits remove all the skill in concealing yourself from other players

Its a zed apocalypse, not a FPS ACTION GAME, this gun is way overpowered, a lot of people uses it with AS50 when sniping Major Towns, the worst is that it can "detect" heat from 2km away, and it becomes overpowered, if a tweak is made in its thermal I think would be to have it, but if its not able to that, just remove the gun. This gun dont benefit the game anyway, only for PVP, which is already a problem

Yes, it's a zombie apocalypse and the military have been everywhere. It's likely they would have left behind some high-end military equipment

I wouldn't mind if they were left in, just give them limited batteries.

I don't like that other people have vehicles, lets remove those too!

Edited by Golgo82
  • Like 2

good way to find and kill camping noobs

i came to realise weapons that are in can't be removed e.g. thats your only weapon you got the update removing l85, the game then says screw you, you have no primary, if they remove one gun they have to reset evryones load out

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK

thermal = imba. period.

and i am not saying this because i cant get any. i had L85s.

Edited by gobacktogo

not rare when hacker spawn them out their ass, yeah dumb items like that should go

hackers can spawn guns that arnt in dayz, so it wouldent make a difference, smart one.

L85 AWS ain't really an issue, atleast when duping gets fixed. I have 200+ hours in DayZ and just yesterday I found my first L85 from heli crash and believe me, I've seen those in my time. Infact L85 is propably the only good way to counter those camping snipers novadays (been that sniper, got shot by someone with L85 AWS). When duping gets fixed, snipers get more rare and when there is less snipers there will be less people hunting them so if you manage to become one of those rare snipers, you will have less opponents.

It wouldn't be an issue if the duping didn't make them so common. If they were extremely rare as they are suppose to be then I can't see an issue with them being in game.

I agree. If they fix all the different ways u can dupe stuff it wouldn't be an issue. Personally I've never been killed by one but I killed a cheater in a heli with a as50 thermal :)

you don't see 2 km with the thermal scope, it's more like 600-800 meters. Plus you can't see through bushes, some trees and high gras. So as long as you stay prone on the floor you should be fine. The thermal guns are only a danger when they are backed up by snipers.

I had the l85 for maybe 7 days, and i gotta say carrying it is a burden. On close ranges the scope is useless, you've gotta zero for shoots inbetween 200 and 300 meters. So any other assault rifle is easier to use and better pvp and vs zeds. So carrying the l85 is basicly having a fancy pair of binos with you.