interceptor

Melee weapons/ hand-to-hand

Hello guys,

I know this has been suggested alot of time and I guess it always has been declined (Perhaps now too :D). I mean they've already added a melee combat system for zombies, wouldn't it be possible for survivors to hit someone with a knife?

I mean in real life (even though it's not supposed to be 100% RL) if you've a knife, you won't use it only to cut some meat from animals :rolleyes:. But again I'm the biggest noob what matters the modding, I've no idea how hard it would be to add this feature.

I'm looking towards for some good arguments for it or against it.

EDIT : I forgot to mention it clearly that you need to have a knife in your inventory in order to defend yourself, otherwise it would be stupid.

If you know it's been suggested then Don't duplicate the thread, bump an existing one.

Equip hunting knife in inventory, sneak up behind any player and use scroll wheel and select "backstab" shouldnt be too hard to make. It doesnt need any fancy animations, just use the grenade toss ani or something. I think people would find use of it when sneaking around in towns and stalking other players.

Guess what if been posting to players just like this I have this script and am working on big video look out for it be on to morrow

Equip hunting knife in inventory' date=' sneak up behind any player and use scroll wheel and select "backstab" shouldnt be too hard to make. It doesnt need any fancy animations, just use the grenade toss ani or something. I think people would find use of it when sneaking around in towns and stalking other players.

[/quote']

That's exactly what I though

There should be some kind of survival melee weapons to be had, even if its just a pocket knife that is very very weak against zeds. If you have no ammo, you should be able to at least bludgeon with an empty pistol while being eaten alive, rather than run and run with no discernible end in sight. Should be able to go down fighting.

An upgrade or rare/better item to get could be a hatchet, only marginally better than the 3" swiss army knife. It would add a bit of depth to the game, and a last resort if ammo runs out.

Dude don´t be a tourist, read the damn forum and use the search function. We are full of repeated topics of the same opinions again and again.

Thanks!

Hi,

Maybe someone else made this suggestion before but what habout hand to hand weapons such as axes, hunting knife or even fists?

Does the game support it?

If so it could add some last recourse solution when out of ammo.

Game doesn't support it, would need some major modifications to do so. Not viable.

/endthread.

i was thinkin about melee weapon, you should be able to find diffrent melee weapons, like in the forest you could finde branches and in a fire station you could finde a fire axe, which of course does more damage.

but the melee weapons should altso have "ammo", do when the "ammo" is depleted the weapon will brake. so you have to finde a new one or repear it.

for example a brance whould prahaps have 5 "ammo" and take a few hits to kill a zobmie, or one head "shot"

and a fire axe could have much more "ammo" and one hit kill.

of course ther could be much more than just branches and fire axes ;)

any suggestion for more weapons? or any ideas? :) btw sorry for bad english :p i'm norwegian/swedish :p ;)

Arma 2's engine doesn't support Melee, the Zombie attacks are actually AoE damage. There are no Melee weapons in Arma, and honestly if something gets that close to you, you weren't paying attention enough, it should have already been shot.

I think this should be developed some how.Mabye change a weapon model and make it have a small AOE effect with a very short range.

Search the forums, please. Already had to explain how this is not possible once today, just 3 hours ago.

Hello guys' date='

I know this has been suggested alot of time

[/quote']

Well there you go, read the rules. Don't duplicate old threads, bump existing ones.

Game doesn't support it' date=' would need some major modifications to do so. Not viable.

/endthread.

[/quote']

Wrong. Dead dead wrong. Many other ARMA mods already have melee implemented.

There is already a huge melee weapon discussion, and it has almost certainly been seen by Rocket. If it will be implemented, we'll likely see it soon. Find it, and add your vote. There is a suggestion, and a petition thread.