Sign in to follow this  
teh1337

Gender errors

Today i installed 1.6.0 update and then there was a windows where i should choose my gender. I choosen female but my character is male. What i did wrong?

Probably a server side error, sorry about that. If you could email dayzdevteam@gmail.com with your RPT file, I will see if I can reset you.

Probably a server side error' date=' sorry about that. If you could email dayzdevteam@gmail.com with your RPT file, I will see if I can reset you.

[/quote']

What is RPT file and where do i find it?

Could someone post a picture of the female character please? Since it's a one time change I don't want to try it then be infinitely stuck as a woman haha.

What do I do if I was never given the option when I joined a server?

Could someone post a picture of the female character please? Since it's a one time change I don't want to try it then be infinitely stuck as a woman haha.

Sure.

5CRpJ25LQ9Y.jpg

mD-GHY90a6Y.jpg

When I logged in it said nothing, it just joined like normal. I died almost instantly, either because I accidentally threw a frag or someone threw one at me. Was it supposed to ask me after I loaded?

:( I've joined 3 servers and still get nothing asking me about gender. I'm stuck as a man?

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

I'm not entirely sure what being new to arma 2 have to do with figuring out how to choose gender.

The random frag is kinda hilarious though.

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

I'm not entirely sure what being new to arma 2 have to do with figuring out how to choose gender.

What I mean is....

This isn't an MMO....you don't get to choose gender. Any more than you can choose gender on BF3 or COD.

Possibly the most realistic aspect of the mod. My suggestion is cross-dress at the weekend and never run in heels.

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

What I mean is....

This isn't an MMO....you don't get to choose gender. Any more than you can choose gender on BF3 or COD.

You really should read the patchnotes' date=' you know. Would make you look less stupid!

* [NEW'] Players can choose to be a female survivor (once only per CD-Key)

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

What I mean is....

.....wow.

Welcome to the new update.

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

What I mean is....

You really should read the patchnotes' date=' you know. Would make you look less stupid!

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

What I mean is....

.....wow.

Oh, well I stand corrected.

I don't always read the patchnotes.

You can't choose gender, this mod is in Alpha. That means that it's not even close to an official release, currently we are just testing it it. The majority of the updates currently are probably going to go towards code and not things like character models, because game stability is a lot higher priority right now than aesthetics. Maybe when it's in alpha we might see some more aesthetic options, and maybe a VSS Vintorez

its new in 1.6

everyone on the server I talked to said you choose male or female when you first join a server in 1.6

except I didn't get to choose.

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

What I mean is....

.....wow.

Welcome to Arma 2.

What I mean is....

.....wow.

Oh' date=' well I stand corrected.

[/quote']

Hopefully you learn from this to not be an asshole by default! :)

You can't choose gender' date=' this mod is in Alpha. That means that it's not even close to an official release, currently we are just testing it it. The majority of the updates currently are probably going to go towards code and not things like character models, because game stability is a lot higher priority right now than aesthetics. Maybe when it's in alpha we might see some more aesthetic options, and maybe a VSS Vintorez

[/quote']

Erm I don't mean to burst your bubble but maybe you should check the patch notes.

This is totally why you just have an Alpha with the option to pick both, and if it's really required at the end just stick with one or the other when it's out of Alpha.

Silly with people that get stuck with these problems out of game design choices that should be made much later on.

What I mean is....

What I mean is....

.....wow.

[/quote']

I wasn't trying to be an asshole lol

I was like "You can't be a chick in Arma" so I went off of that premise.

Now I know he added it in the mod, I stand corrected.

What I mean is....

What I mean is....

.....wow.

[/quote']

I wasn't trying to be an asshole lol

I was like "You can't be a chick in Arma" so I went off of that premise.

Now I know he added it in the mod, I stand corrected.

Okie dokie then! Well yay no more conflict. everyone is happy. Can I please be a woman now.