So, i have searched and searched and searched the forum. And still I cannot find the answer to this question. What is the solution to the script kids in DayZ?

You spend hours getting high end gear, then the whole server is instakilled.

Hm... Rocket isnt part of Battleye team it seems, so he can't seem to do anything and Battleye are clearly incompetent in not fixing this and seem to have no clue how to.

Hm no.2.... this is an Alpha, so it should be put up with! Well maybe, but if the Alpha is no fun, because of the hackers, what is the point in playing it? So why not stop? Because I like DayZ and want it to be a fair game.

Which makes me wonder how to achieve this.

Should Rocket each evening just ban everybody who has used a script like he did before? Every evening, ban hundreds of people, as he has a list of those who have used illegal scripts. Im for this. But it seems he doesn't want to.

Should, if Rocket doesnt use this, everybody get hacks? Only way to get back high end gear quickly is to script it in yourself. Would this be immoral wrong to do? After all you lost the gear to the server killing hacker illegitimately, so why shouldnt you get it back illegitimately?

Makes me wonder, the more I play this.

My main concern is not this though. It's that DayZ will become known as the "Hacked Game" and WarZ will become the choice of open world zombie survival. I don't want this, but everytime I read a post on the forum about somebody complaining about hacks and the next poster writing STFU MORON, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, I know this game is screwed. This forum should be flooded with posts about hacks, every person here who has been hacked has a right to write about it here, and I would imagine nearly everybody who plays the game legitimately for more than 10hours or so has encountered some sort of hacking.

Food for thought, although I doubt the children who seem to patrol this forum now will see this post as such.

• Like 3

Arma was designed to support cient side scripting.

It's a huge hurdle to overcome, presumably.

Overcoming it is the job of the people developing battleye, Arma and Dayz.

I'm not one of those people. Are you?

• Like 1

I don't know much about hacking or scripts, but from what I do know it seems the best defence against hacking is having fraps always running, a good server admin and a server with nametags and sidechat.

How did I know when I clicked on this I wouldn't actually see a solution to hacking? Your thread title is wrong Sir.

Also, if you've been playing recently you'll have noticed that Battleye have been making some progress recently. Last night I was playing and a message came up "several players are using the AS50 with thermal sight, you have 5 minutes to put them down or you will be banned". Also, over 11,000 people have been banned so far.

Yes hacking is a problem, you just need to be patient in waiting for the solution. It's because DayZ has grown so quickly that this has become such an issue. Battleye, BI and so on just need time to catch up, which they will.

With regards to DayZ becoming the "hacked game" and WarZ becoming the game of choice I highly doubt it. WarZ as it stands have promised everything and delivered nothing. DayZ have promised nothing, asked for nothing and delivered one of the most unique gaming experiences I've yet had. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what happens when the inevitable comparisons between Dayz (standalone) and WarZ (if it ever makes it past fairyland concept stage) happens. I have no doubt in my mind which game will win hands down.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

The main solution that I see for cheating and such is going standalone. Honestly right now Rocket and the people he has to help fight hackers can't do much because they themselves can't change the Arma 2 engine in a significant way. When they get standalone they will have an engine all for themselves, allowing them to combat hacking, duping, cheating(Alt-F4ing and such) and other things like such.

• Like 1

I have more luck on low population servers. Larger server tend to attract hackers. Ive noticed one thing about hackers in this game that attracts them is this game isn't really for them, they want a game that is fast paced PvP, so they hack gear and go straight into the PvP and don't want anything to do with the Survival part of the game. Thats not every hacker, but from what Ive seen its a large proportion of them. Because they want PvP straight up, they go for servers that are almost full.

Unfortunately fraps doesn't get you your gear back.

It doesn't. I found it frustrating for a while as well. But Im no expert at this game so I use the fresh start as a chance to learn the game a bit better. If I don't feel like working through the early game again, I have a few tents on various servers to head straight to so I can get geared up quickly again.

Edited by sostronk

@FRANKIEonPCin1080p

First as has been stated ARMA2 was not designed with any sort of admin/user permissions and controls, to decide who can and can not control a server from client side, this leads to the reason its overrun with script kiddies including all other other issues that are present at the moment.

The Release of a standalone game should resolve these problems, but for the time being DayZ is still a mod in ALPHA, thus we should be prepared for issues, sadly most kids these days want instant access to earlier and earlier versions of games and moan like little s.o.b's when its not perfect and there is a issue.

So until the release of standalone, you'll have to grit your teeth and just try to have some fun with friends best you can, its still a fun game regardless. as for being allowed to make billion and one posts about hackers etc.. simply put NO. im all for posts that purpose well thought out arguments and solutions to the issues at present, but 99.999% are not.

• Like 1

Here's the lifecycle of a hack. Creation > Use > Detection > Reoptimization > Redeployment > Repeat Cycle

As soon as they ban a script on BattleEye, the coders behind the scripts and hacks get straight back to work making one that isn't detected. Name one game where the hacking protection service completely ridded a game of hackers, it's the same as piracy, it will never go away.

Edited by WintersWolf

there are 2 solutions in the post. but only one which you can achieve yourself.

And what's your response to my other points?

Edited by Fraggle

The best way to avoid hackers is to get rid of hackers.

These hackers should be IP banned, machine banned and account banned. This cannot be undone, and it is a lifetime ban.

Overcoming it is the job of the people developing battleye, Arma and Dayz.

I'm not one of those people. Are you?

This is why I love the forum mods here. I'm severely tempted to put this in my forum signature...

I find it ironic that you are a script kiddy yourself and you are making this thread.

I find it ironic that you are a script kiddy yourself and you are making this thread.

This thread had its time [unfortunately]...no need to ressurect it.

Locked.

Please don't bump three month old threads.