rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

How do you install updates? I'm getting tired of stupid glitches. Anyone tell me how too? I can't open the torrent anyways PLEASE HELP :(

why dont you use the search engine, or go 2 posts up or something, srsly open your eyes and use your head instead of having others do it for you with begging.

Edit: 3 posts

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 1

Well what if I use Steam to launch DayZ (like you), BUT also have Sixupdater installed on my pc just for sh@ts and giggles? Does that make a difference in relation to your fix? Because I am still getting graphical issues even with using Steam, and manually updating the mod and the Arma 2 OA build.

Yes...for some reason when I followed those instructions it worked. I had done everyhting else before except uninstall SU.

EVen though I did everything correct before The ARMA2 menu page was still showing 1.7.2.4 and I couldn't join any 1.7.2.5 servers.

Once I deleted SU completely meaning even after uninstall I had to go into program files and manually delete a couple of left over files. Then it worked

Edited by playZ

GPU: 560ti (with latest drivers)

DayZ: 1.7.2.5

Arma client side: 95417 (Will update to latest beta patch)

Arma server side: 9588

Downloaded 1.7.2.5 via torrent then extracted to @DayZ folder

- Fast log-in

- Humanity was at -5k then when i moved around it went back to 0. (Currently wearing the bandit mask) :(

- Balota airfield had no more artifacts (going to explore some major cities)

- Hatchet now looks kinda old and rusty.

Will add more once I get a chance to play again. :D

Edited by Jgut90

SU is still using 1.7.2.4

if you want to play 1.7.2.5, you're probably going to have to bypass using SU

Edited by daze23

SU is still using 1.7.2.4

if you want to play 1.7.2.5, you're probably going to have to bypass using SU

I did a manual install and launched through steam, but for some reason SU was still interfering. I had to completely uninstall it and then it worked. It sucks because I really liked Six Launcher. It was easier to look at.

Still graphical glitches at the stary military tents also at NW airfield, not sure if it's been posted or not but I wasn't going hunting through 35 pages.

• Like 2

The reason many of you are experiencing graphical errors still is because you have installed the update incorrectly. Launching the game through six launchers will not enable you to play with the patch. Best to wait until the patch is released on six launchers.

Yup just arrived at the NW airfield, artifacts everywhere. Flushed a good 10 times too.

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with barbed wire (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Rebinarized file should no longer produce graphical artifacts)

Oh my god thank you! Every time I decide to look at a military base I got artifacts! This changes everything!

Hotfix only to fix issues for the weekend

SixUpdater will only host the update once we have confirmed we are satisfied with the update

-facepalms- You know, i can read things a million times and then the millionth and first time i reread it i finally know what it means. Obvi they haven't updated Six Launcher with the new patch yet, just the beta. Oh wells. I just wasted a good hour or so of my time.

edit: also not going to bother manually updating since so many people are apparently still having problems, if not more than 1.7.2.4 so i'll let the dev's decide when i can update instead of getting aggrivated

Edited by Littleassassin2

Yes...for some reason when I followed those instructions it worked. I had done everyhting else before except uninstall SU.

EVen though I did everything correct before The ARMA2 menu page was still showing 1.7.2.4 and I couldn't join any 1.7.2.5 servers.

Once I deleted SU completely meaning even after uninstall I had to go into program files and manually delete a couple of left over files. Then it worked

I just uninstalled SU and then went over to Balota airfield to see if that fixed it. No, I am still getting artifacts.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

DayZ - 1.7.2.5 + Chopper crash site + NW Airfield = Clusterf**k!

http://youtu.be/gPa5eKezhSg

Just in case anyone wanted to know what the new patch is like at the NW Airbase...Only for me though. Everyone else could see fine... :/

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 1

[New] Beartraps are randomly spawned in the forest, to annoy players and whiners!

I approve of this one. Forest isn't dangerous enough.

• Like 1

I Cant believe the ammount of people hacking this game.

they are turning something good into something not even worth playing.

You're updating the game?

but the hacking continues.

Still have graphical artifacts from some military bodies, and just saw some from on of the wrecked vehicles on the side of the road.

Sounds like it might have something to do with using the latest beta patch, all the people that said it was fixed seemed to be using the old beta from when the last hotfix came out.

Another little gripe is the skin changes are fucking with packs still :[

P.S. to all the people having trouble with SU, if you have to use an automatic updater, and can't figure out how to get the mod working manually, you probably shouldn't be playing anything in alpha

Edited by Hesson

DayZ - 1.7.2.5 + Chopper crash site + NW Airfield = Clusterf**k!

That looks worse than 1.7.2.4.

I'm not updating yet, and after checking dayz commander, it looks like the majority of servers aren't either.

confirmed that the artifacting from the dead bodies are gone, but player placed catwire is causing some artifacting, it isnt as bad as it was before though so im happy with that. lost all my gear though but thank GOD the artifacting from dead bodies are gone for me so far, screw the gear as long as the mod is playable :)

Game might also run smoother than before, will check if that is the case later on today but so far cherno and balota is artifact free, and i usually have issues at those places.

I manually updated DayZ, deleted the old folder and made a new one even though i dont think it makes a difference.

Updated the beta right after, never touched any six programs as they mess up your game(and if they havent yet, they will)

Good update, for me atleast, hopes everyone will be artifact free very soon.

Our server is also running the new patch, it was a bit hard to get it going, we had to wake it up a few times but after trying hard, we got it up and running.

Edited by Zyfer

P.S. to all the people having trouble with SU, if you have to use an automatic updater, and can't figure out how to get the mod working manually, you probably shouldn't be playing anything in alpha

Don't have the patience to do it myself and Six Launcher hasn't done me dirty yet, not to mention Six Launcher isn't having a problem. As Rocket said in the first post, it won't update until they are satisfied with the patch and from the sound of things, the patch is shit so i'm just fine with the occasional rare artifact for me.

I Cant believe the ammount of people hacking this game.

they are turning something good into something not even worth playing.

You're updating the game?

but the hacking continues.

It is one of their main priorities but right now there is nothing they can do about it, they do not sort the script detection, BattlEye does, if you are going to complain, COMPLAIN TO BATTLEYE.

• Like 4

Issues I have noticed in just a few minutes, post-patch.

- graphical artifacts are still there

- spawned into the game in debug, went to the lobby, spawned back in with no gear/pack/nothing at all, just my ghillie

- zombie run speed seems to be nicely normalized (thank you)

I did a manual install and launched through steam, but for some reason SU was still interfering. I had to completely uninstall it and then it worked. It sucks because I really liked Six Launcher. It was easier to look at.

Six Launcher doesn't even have the update? They haven't released the update on Six Launcher yet so you HAVE TO update manually. Your just doing it wrong if you have to uninstall and reinstall.

• Like 1

Rocket, the SixUpdater site and the software itself doesn't work anymore... neither devheaven site!